Brett Favre puts forth his best to rally Vikings to victory

Brett Favre rediscovered his hero's touch Sunday to protect his legacy from further decay, preserve coach Brad Childress' job and save the Vikings' 2010 season from total ruin. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
marker

Omaha, NE

#65 Nov 8, 2010
Why do we always screw up when something good is about to happen? 56 minutes of ineptitude and I was resigned to another loss and the practical end of our season. I was actually willing to accept that if the tradeoff was to dump the undumpable imposter of a coach. Now we hit the easy part of our schedule probably winning enough to ensconce the egomaniacal doofus as Minnesota coach for who knows how long? We'll play out the string this year screwing up our draft position (and New England's No. 3) while winning nothing......again.
Dear god, we were 3 and one-half minutes away from ending this sordid situation.
If that's all it takes to keep your coaching job after all the bad karma, then Zygi has a problem. Apathy! Fans are going to tune out. Time to step up, be an owner and a man and give this team some real leadership and a reason to want to win. This team will never win anything under Childress! Ever! Just my rant.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#66 Nov 9, 2010
Sherm wrote:
Every big hit on Favre came from defenders that ran past McKinny like he was nailed to a postt .
Peppers must be drooling in Chicago just thinking about next Sunday.Lasy year Peppers beat up Favre
after running past McKinny all night. After that game Chilly said it never occured to him to give McKinny
help blocking Peppers.
Football is a game of adjustments, I know Klink doesn't make many of them but this is one he will make, Teerlink will see to it as well. Peppers is not looking forward to next week, he will be doubled and chipped all day.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#67 Nov 9, 2010
Check that, lol, Murphy is our line coach, I just got done reading about the Colts.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#68 Nov 9, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text> First quit stealing quotes from sports radio hosts. Second, that was the Cardinals that those Vikes were chasing all over the field. Yes they have AP, but they also have a defense that can be pushed all over the field. As far as quick slants you have Harvin, that's it. Rice wont be back yet, TE is ineffective in quick slants. Berrian??? Please. He's all yours. As far as stopping the Bears, you better hope our WR's dont touch the ball or they will score easy because your secondary is shot. Bears will run just enough to keep the pressure off of Cutler. Bear defense will confuse and smack around Favre just enough to win the game. And you have Chilli. Yes it was a beautiful day today, but who knows what it will be on Sunday
Yes but let us remember that it took a rule defining blown call to beat the Lions, and a record setting day by the Packers in penalties to get two wins, and the greatest farce on turf is gonna get Cutler killed...a nobody threw for 300 yards against the Bears secondary....so who are you crappin?
Lovie is the Chicago version of Childress and Martz is a Navy ond Orange clad version of Bevis...who can forget that scintilating Carolina game...ugh.
Not even Mike Tice can save the Bears O Line from getting Cutler killed by the end of the year and the next significant offensive player that Angelo drafts will be the first...
Peppers, Briggs, and Urlacher is all they have...so don't get all gushy on stuff...the boos cascading down on Lovie (we are still a real good football team) Smith and his minions at the half from the Bear faithful next week will make the Viking fans look like purple clad compassionate Mother Theresas....I hear this crap all day long...
The Vikes D Line will review film of several games and come to the conclusion that they are superior to the Giants (who can forget that night eh????)and set out to prove it...my guess is that we get a look at Collins/Haney in the thrid quarter late...for Christ sake, they cannot even use Chester Taylor correctly and they better put a screen in this week if they have any hope of slowing the Vikes rush...
Enjoy your brat and Old Style (but don't cry in it, as salt ruins the crappy taste) and watch the show unfold....I look for Peterson to run for 150-170 aagainst the T2 and when they creep Harris up in the box then they get a TE seam or 6 and then the dreaded T2 killer slants...and it appears that Berrian only needed a hug to get going (plus nifty gold shoes)...it will be decided by the defenses, and to honest Favre looks more comfortable than Cutler does...love them happy feet...Mr Cutler please meet Mr Greenway..spies work well so that pocket evasion with Capt Happyfeet won't work so well. Additionally, the Bears will have to double down on Fat Pat and Kevin, so the Vikes double headed monster of Allen and Edwards will wear down the edge nicely..the Vikes D Line has more depth then the Bears aging O-Line...doesn't look good for the homestanding Bearlies if the Vikes do not vapor lock their brains and allow Hester to touch the ball on special teams.
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

#69 Nov 10, 2010
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but let us remember that it took a rule defining blown call to beat the Lions, and a record setting day by the Packers in penalties to get two wins, and the greatest farce on turf is gonna get Cutler killed...a nobody threw for 300 yards against the Bears secondary....so who are you crappin?
Lovie is the Chicago version of Childress and Martz is a Navy ond Orange clad version of Bevis...who can forget that scintilating Carolina game...ugh.
Not even Mike Tice can save the Bears O Line from getting Cutler killed by the end of the year and the next significant offensive player that Angelo drafts will be the first...
Peppers, Briggs, and Urlacher is all they have...so don't get all gushy on stuff...the boos cascading down on Lovie (we are still a real good football team) Smith and his minions at the half from the Bear faithful next week will make the Viking fans look like purple clad compassionate Mother Theresas....I hear this crap all day long...
The Vikes D Line will review film of several games and come to the conclusion that they are superior to the Giants (who can forget that night eh????)and set out to prove it...my guess is that we get a look at Collins/Haney in the thrid quarter late...for Christ sake, they cannot even use Chester Taylor correctly and they better put a screen in this week if they have any hope of slowing the Vikes rush...
Enjoy your brat and Old Style (but don't cry in it, as salt ruins the crappy taste) and watch the show unfold....I look for Peterson to run for 150-170 aagainst the T2 and when they creep Harris up in the box then they get a TE seam or 6 and then the dreaded T2 killer slants...and it appears that Berrian only needed a hug to get going (plus nifty gold shoes)...it will be decided by the defenses, and to honest Favre looks more comfortable than Cutler does...love them happy feet...Mr Cutler please meet Mr Greenway..spies work well so that pocket evasion with Capt Happyfeet won't work so well. Additionally, the Bears will have to double down on Fat Pat and Kevin, so the Vikes double headed monster of Allen and Edwards will wear down the edge nicely..the Vikes D Line has more depth then the Bears aging O-Line...doesn't look good for the homestanding Bearlies if the Vikes do not vapor lock their brains and allow Hester to touch the ball on special teams.
Better buy a new paint brush Andy. Only a couple problems though with that. 1st Carolina game. You dont have to tell me that was ugly, Collins suck. 2: Will Brett have time for a TE seam with Peppers and Idonje breathing down his neck??3. The nobody threw for 350 against Baltimore a week before. 4.Vikes will review film of several games and think their better than the Giants????? Wow, that must have been a big bong hit typing that whopper!!!!!! And Berrian????? Please throw to him all day long. Here's reality Andy. Both O-lines suck, Cutler is 15 years younger than Brett, who will hold up longer??? Defenses??? Vikes D-line is showing their age and your secondary is suspect. Bears, I admit will have some trouble with AP(unless he starts fumbling) but Bears will get some good shots at Brett and Vikes suck on the road, so as Boers and Berstein would say "who are you crappin??"
waittillnexttime

Racine, WI

#70 Nov 10, 2010
Favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Win or lose, Favre always gives it his best. He's played while injured and while having his arm tied behind his back by poor plays. I think he's great whether the Vikings win another game or not.
Plus, his team mates like him, and I think they know more than you do.
AND btw, he broke his own record today.
What you say is what Favre also did for the Packers but in his leadership he only won 1` superbowl and he didn't do it in his first 3 years for the Packers, and he didn't do it himself. He had the best players around him and they protected him. He moved around instead of standing in one placy and throw the ball. His 41 year old frame is breaking up because he gets little or no protection. BTW Records were made to be broken get real. I like your quote "his teammates like him". I think we should make that the quote of the week.(snicker)
andy g

Chicago, IL

#71 Nov 10, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Better buy a new paint brush Andy. Only a couple problems though with that. 1st Carolina game. You dont have to tell me that was ugly, Collins suck. 2: Will Brett have time for a TE seam with Peppers and Idonje breathing down his neck??3. The nobody threw for 350 against Baltimore a week before. 4.Vikes will review film of several games and think their better than the Giants????? Wow, that must have been a big bong hit typing that whopper!!!!!! And Berrian????? Please throw to him all day long. Here's reality Andy. Both O-lines suck, Cutler is 15 years younger than Brett, who will hold up longer??? Defenses??? Vikes D-line is showing their age and your secondary is suspect. Bears, I admit will have some trouble with AP(unless he starts fumbling) but Bears will get some good shots at Brett and Vikes suck on the road, so as Boers and Berstein would say "who are you crappin??"
You keep thinking that Cutler will have time and have someone to throw it to...with no rushing game it suque to be the Bears early...Vikes 45 Bears 16...I added in a sack/fumble/td in the third quarter....the Vikes have 8 D Line men to pressure Cut and Run all day...don't let Hester have a touch on special teams and roll from there.
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

#72 Nov 11, 2010
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep thinking that Cutler will have time and have someone to throw it to...with no rushing game it suque to be the Bears early...Vikes 45 Bears 16...I added in a sack/fumble/td in the third quarter....the Vikes have 8 D Line men to pressure Cut and Run all day...don't let Hester have a touch on special teams and roll from there.
Cutler should have about as much time as Favre will have. Im sure that you would agree that Cutler is a little more mobile than Favre is now. Cutler in now starting to run if he has some yards. Favre cant move like that anymore, so that means he's just sitting back there just waiting to get blasted by a defensive player. I think Martz got the word from Lovie that he's got to mix it up and run occasionaly,quick slants, screen passes, couple of misdirections etc. I also think our O-Line will start settling down and since the Vikes pass rush has been virtually nonexistant except for last week,Im going to say that the Bears will get some long yardage plays because he will have some time back there to pass.Im thinking Bears 31-28.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#73 Nov 11, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text> Cutler should have about as much time as Favre will have. Im sure that you would agree that Cutler is a little more mobile than Favre is now. Cutler in now starting to run if he has some yards. Favre cant move like that anymore, so that means he's just sitting back there just waiting to get blasted by a defensive player. I think Martz got the word from Lovie that he's got to mix it up and run occasionaly,quick slants, screen passes, couple of misdirections etc. I also think our O-Line will start settling down and since the Vikes pass rush has been virtually nonexistant except for last week,Im going to say that the Bears will get some long yardage plays because he will have some time back there to pass.Im thinking Bears 31-28.
I dunno...the Bears will not be able to run, and if they commit to the balance they tried last week, the game could get away from them quickly if Peterson gets 7 in the box...
well

United States

#74 Nov 11, 2010
..way too deep of a hole to climb out of for em though record wise.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#75 Nov 13, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Better buy a new paint brush Andy. Only a couple problems though with that. 1st Carolina game. You dont have to tell me that was ugly, Collins suck. 2: Will Brett have time for a TE seam with Peppers and Idonje breathing down his neck??3. The nobody threw for 350 against Baltimore a week before. 4.Vikes will review film of several games and think their better than the Giants????? Wow, that must have been a big bong hit typing that whopper!!!!!! And Berrian????? Please throw to him all day long. Here's reality Andy. Both O-lines suck, Cutler is 15 years younger than Brett, who will hold up longer??? Defenses??? Vikes D-line is showing their age and your secondary is suspect. Bears, I admit will have some trouble with AP(unless he starts fumbling) but Bears will get some good shots at Brett and Vikes suck on the road, so as Boers and Berstein would say "who are you crappin??"
Here we go again with the Vikes line bashing. THEY DO NOT suck, explain to me how we can have the league's leading rusher in AP (ok he is 7 yds. shy) with a shitty line?????????? As far as sacks go Vikes are not close to being last either. Is the line really good? Hell no, it ranks somewhere in the middle of the league..........There is really problems with the majority of the O lines in the league these days actually.

But your line does suck..........in comparison to most of the teams, if you go by rushing yds. and sacks allowed.
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

#76 Nov 15, 2010
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello.....Andy?? Was that a great show or what??? Expert opinion on the game by the game, I laughed all week at that!!!
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

#77 Nov 15, 2010
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno...the Bears will not be able to run, and if they commit to the balance they tried last week, the game could get away from them quickly if Peterson gets 7 in the box...
Andy, who ya crappin?????
andy g

Chicago, IL

#78 Nov 15, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello.....Andy?? Was that a great show or what??? Expert opinion on the game by the game, I laughed all week at that!!!
They did not avoid Hester did they....read all the posts drillrod..go lay by your dish...the Bears won...thanks to Hester and some awful pursuit angles on three critical plays...
andy g

Chicago, IL

#79 Nov 15, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Andy, who ya crappin?????
What did they average without Cutlers scampers due to Edwards failure to contain...understand any of that or just the 27-13 part...check your drive charts...the Vikes finally quit.
erie-vike tard

United States

#80 Nov 15, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Football is a game of adjustments, I know Klink doesn't make many of them but this is one he will make, Teerlink will see to it as well. Peppers is not looking forward to next week, he will be doubled and chipped all day.
Clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
Minnesota Vikings' Most Disappointing Players o... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
More from around the web