Brett Favre puts forth his best to rally Vikings to victory

Brett Favre rediscovered his hero's touch Sunday to protect his legacy from further decay, preserve coach Brad Childress' job and save the Vikings' 2010 season from total ruin. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What If

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 7, 2010
That gray black cloud over our Minnesota Vikings, Players & Coaches is starting to fade away. If we win next week against Chicago the storm will pass, but if not we will get walloped in a forever rainstorm for the rest of the season till everything gets washed aside.

The season started out promising then it began roughed......now lets end it perfectly!
teacher

Madison, WI

#5 Nov 7, 2010
We got the ball back at the end with 2:24 to play but NO timeouts. It says we had 2 which is incorrect. I'm just saying...Great win!!! Never give up...never give up...
Pharve

Grantsburg, WI

#6 Nov 7, 2010
Let's see, the Vikings are sluggish for three quarters until Arizona decides to quit playing football. So the Vikings beat a mediocre team with the second-string QB and it takes five quarters to do so. Looks like a Super Bowl team to me!

Since: Jun 08

Mazeppa, MN

#7 Nov 7, 2010
This was great, I'm glad to see some spark in the team. They still have a lot to improve.
ex favre fan

Oronoco, MN

#8 Nov 7, 2010
Pharve wrote:
Let's see, the Vikings are sluggish for three quarters until Arizona decides to quit playing football. So the Vikings beat a mediocre team with the second-string QB and it takes five quarters to do so. Looks like a Super Bowl team to me!
If the Packers only had bert!.........We might have a chance!....Hhahahahhahah!....H is name is AARON!
ex favre fan

Oronoco, MN

#9 Nov 7, 2010
Mike the Vike wrote:
This was great, I'm glad to see some spark in the team. They still have a lot to improve.
Please Mike, it was the Cardnals! In OT! At home!........But your right, they are bad, and need to improve!....A LOT!
Favre fan

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 7, 2010
Lloyd wrote:
Uh......... one win isn't going to save this **** clowns job!
Brett Favre...HERO?
Puh-Leeze!
Only thing memorable is him showing his willy via text message!
Win or lose, Favre always gives it his best. He's played while injured and while having his arm tied behind his back by poor plays. I think he's great whether the Vikings win another game or not.

Plus, his team mates like him, and I think they know more than you do.

AND btw, he broke his own record today.
ex favre fan

Oronoco, MN

#11 Nov 7, 2010
Favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Win or lose, Favre always gives it his best. He's played while injured and while having his arm tied behind his back by poor plays. I think he's great whether the Vikings win another game or not.
Plus, his team mates like him, and I think they know more than you do.
AND btw, he broke his own record today.
Stats are for losers queenboy!....Ps, he breaks his own INT and sack record every week!...Hhahaaahhhhahh!....... .The only record that counts is .......Packers @ Aaron, 6-3, the queens and bert 3-5!....Ya, he is "great" at throwing idiodic passes at the worst time!....Remember the nfc title game?.....I do!.....Hey thats another record!
Living Life Outloud

Stockton, CA

#12 Nov 7, 2010
I am always baffled at why Packers fans always bash the Vikings, but yet, the ratio of Vikings fans bashing the Packers is so few. I guess that means the Packer fans are sore losers.

I am a WI person, who has always bled Purple. At a young age I saw the difference between the fans, and the Green and Gold have always been poorer fans. It's kind of like Dallas being "America's Team"..oh PLEASE.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 7, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Stats are for losers queenboy!....Ps, he breaks his own INT and sack record every week!...Hhahaaahhhhahh!....... .The only record that counts is .......Packers @ Aaron, 6-3, the queens and bert 3-5!....Ya, he is "great" at throwing idiodic passes at the worst time!....Remember the nfc title game?.....I do!.....Hey thats another record!
Two weeks to go...and the Cards line is better than the PackWads...looks like the D-Line found their mojo...if they go win in Chicago, then the GreenBush game will have something on it...if the league assigns a different crew to the game it will be something else my green clad clitt....you chirp like the Wads dominated or something...
tbone

Green Valley, AZ

#14 Nov 7, 2010
i think the neon shoes on berrian worked today, favre found him! I wonder if Farve gets a reward from missing persons, since berrian hasn't been seen since last years nfc title game.
Karen won a playoff game

Hopkins, MN

#15 Nov 7, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Stats are for losers queenboy!....Ps, he breaks his own INT and sack record every week!...Hhahaaahhhhahh!....... .The only record that counts is .......Packers @ Aaron, 6-3, the queens and bert 3-5!....Ya, he is "great" at throwing idiodic passes at the worst time!....Remember the nfc title game?.....I do!.....Hey thats another record!
Yes, do you remember Karen Rodgers in the NFC Title game? Wait, he hasn't even won a playoff game yet!!! Little sissy boy can't even get in position to choke.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#16 Nov 7, 2010
Favre will always be remembered as a immature drama queen.

a no class act.
A lady in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 7, 2010
Still Brad Childress needs to go!
Jimi

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Nov 8, 2010
Don't get too excited. AZ is still in 2nd to last place, the other wins are over last place teams.
redquanta

United States

#19 Nov 8, 2010
It was really nice to see this Vikings team earn that win. It seems that this season they have been playing with a sense of entitlement and have lost the games they should have won. In an alternate universe it is not hard to imagine the Vikings being undefeated this season - that's how close the losses have been.
This team just maybe regained some of its confidence. If so and with some good play calling and a little luck, this season can turn around. As a lifelong Vikings fan, that is what I am going to take from the game.
As for Chilly - I am not a fan and have wanted the organization to bring in someone else for several years. The Moss situation was handled poorly by Chilly. If the reports are true and Moss went over his head to Ziggy to complain, then Moss got what he deserved. No coach with any self respect would accept that kind of behavior from a player.
At the same time, Chilly has certainly not been able to unleash the dogs of war on the NFL. And with the players this team has, that is the attitude he should coach with.
How would things have been different if the Vikings went to the NFC Championship game with Sean Payton or Bill Bellicheck or for tha matter Tony Dungee, John Gruden, Bill Parcells or Mike Ditka in charge? These coaches instilled their players with confidence and produced an attitude that is missing in Minnesota.
All that being said, I believe Brad Childress is a decent man and deserves the thanks and respect of the Vikings nation. I just hope that soon he is receiving the applause from his easy chair instead of the sideline.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#20 Nov 8, 2010
a good victory but let's not get too excited here. They were playing the Cardinals, one of the worst teams in the NFL.....are the Vikings back? are they contenders? We will only have to wait 6 days to find out the answers to those questions for with their woeful road record and losing streak on the raod, beating the first place Bears IN Chicago will be a test and that game will determine how the rest of the season unfolds....

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#21 Nov 8, 2010
Lloyd wrote:
Uh......... one win isn't going to save this **** clowns job!
Brett Favre...HERO?
Puh-Leeze!
Only thing memorable is him showing his willy via text message!
grow up..........
Alsvikes

Duncannon, PA

#22 Nov 8, 2010
I believe Brett called Moss a coward last night and he is right.
Sherm

AOL

#23 Nov 8, 2010
Every big hit on Favre came from defenders that ran past McKinny like he was nailed to a postt .
Peppers must be drooling in Chicago just thinking about next Sunday.Lasy year Peppers beat up Favre
after running past McKinny all night. After that game Chilly said it never occured to him to give McKinny
help blocking Peppers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
Minnesota Vikings' Most Disappointing Players o... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
•••
•••

Ryan Longwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••