Vikings 24, Cowboys 21: Second-half s...

Vikings 24, Cowboys 21: Second-half surge keeps Minnesota in thick of NFC North race

There are 93 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 17, 2010, titled Vikings 24, Cowboys 21: Second-half surge keeps Minnesota in thick of NFC North race. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

RECAP: Ryan Longwell's 38-yard field goal with 4:05 remaining completed the Vikings' second-half comeback as they outscored Dallas 17-7 over the final 30 minutes to secure a crucial victory at the Metrodome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#1 Oct 17, 2010
Me-Yammi....23
PECKERS.......20

SeaHags.......23
TEDDIES.......20

VIKES..........24
CowPatties....21

...3 for freakin 3...now let's give Sharon a real headache...GO VIKES!!!
erie-vike tard

United States

#2 Oct 17, 2010
It is great that we can only beat the loser teams this year.
bigfella

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 17, 2010
Fire Childress!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Oct 17, 2010
PurpleHaze1 wrote:
Me-Yammi....23
PECKERS.......20
SeaHags.......23
TEDDIES.......20
VIKES..........24
CowPatties....21
...3 for freakin 3...now let's give Sharon a real headache...GO VIKES!!!
Brilliant!

Another trying week for the cheddar heads, with bEaR fans sharing in their misery, lol.
Right about Wed. they will start emerging from under their beds, finding courage in the twelve pack, once again proclaiming packer dominance.
Then the drunk wears off
Letting the air out of these clowns is so much fun!
High on Vikes

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2010
Packers are not feeling too confident right now. Maybe with just a little luck we'll be 3-3 next week SKOL Vikes!!!
Dallasherewecome

United States

#6 Oct 17, 2010
Now that the Vikings are starting to get it again, I think Super Bowl talk shouln't be out of the question. We easily have the best team in the NFC. Who else has the roster we do? Not to mention we have played better competition.
bigfella

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Oct 17, 2010
Why does Wade Phillips always look like he has a concussion? If IQ's were drives, his would be a 3-and-out. I bet he thinks "Paraguay" shouldn't be able to marry. I bet he has to wait for the comic book edition to read his own playbook. You think this guy can run an offense? He couldn't run a red light.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Oct 17, 2010
Off topic trivia for the draft bashers--

Jahvid Best stats update:

12 carries for 16 yards today against the Giants, his worst game yet.

Season total 257 yards, 3.2 average.

Rookie of the year my a_s_s.

Oh yeah... Go Vikings!
bigfella

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 17, 2010
Hey, High On Vikes, you sure are tough on the Pack. Why, the vomit has hardly had a chance to dry on the concrete steps of Lambeau and you are writing them off for next week. If I know the Packer fans, they will be there in full throat (full of Smirnoff's that is), warm and secure in their urine-soaked snowmobile suits, with only old #4 jerseys with which to attempt to clean themselves before they jump into their deer-gut encrusted pickups and try to weave home without collecting a fifteenth DUI. But they have nothing to fear, because by that time the cops are all drunk, too.
erie-vike tard

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2010
It is great that we can only beat the loser teams this year..
erie-vike tard

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2010
Dallasherewecome wrote:
Now that the Vikings are starting to get it again, I think Super Bowl talk shouln't be out of the question. We easily have the best team in the NFC.
My ribs hurt from laughing.
Jason

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Dallasherewecome wrote:
Now that the Vikings are starting to get it again, I think Super Bowl talk shouln't be out of the question. We easily have the best team in the NFC. Who else has the roster we do? Not to mention we have played better competition.
Just what exactly are you smoking and who is your dealer?
High on Vikes

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2010
bigfella wrote:
Hey, High On Vikes, you sure are tough on the Pack. Why, the vomit has hardly had a chance to dry on the concrete steps of Lambeau and you are writing them off for next week. If I know the Packer fans, they will be there in full throat (full of Smirnoff's that is), warm and secure in their urine-soaked snowmobile suits, with only old #4 jerseys with which to attempt to clean themselves before they jump into their deer-gut encrusted pickups and try to weave home without collecting a fifteenth DUI. But they have nothing to fear, because by that time the cops are all drunk, too.
Are you serious. I'm not wrtting them off. I KNOW it will be a tough game. I just stated with some luck we could be 3-3. READ my post again!!!
Not so fast

Des Moines, IA

#14 Oct 17, 2010
Our two wins are over opponents with a combined 2-8 record. I wouldn't be too cocky yet.

Lito Shepard is straight-up terrible. We are in trouble if Cook is unable to step up as a rookie when we go against a better QB.
ex favre fan

Goodhue, MN

#15 Oct 17, 2010
Hey, queen fans, even with 11 starters out, 2 overtime loses, and no mercy calls from the refs?.......The Pack is still ahead of the queens!....Listening to you idiots, I would have thought your 5-0?.......News flash queenboys, your 2-3 with a old qb, pathectic 0-line, and with the gifts the cowgirls, and refs gave ya?......You are lucky to be 2-3!......Typicle queen fans, 1 lucky win and their talking SB!.........
erie-vike tard

United States

#16 Oct 17, 2010
High on Vikes wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious. I'm not wrtting them off. I KNOW it will be a tough game. I just stated with some luck we could be 3-3. READ my post again!!!
It is great that we can only beat the loser teams this year...

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#17 Oct 17, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
Another trying week for the cheddar heads, with bEaR fans sharing in their misery, lol.
Right about Wed. they will start emerging from under their beds, finding courage in the twelve pack, once again proclaiming packer dominance.
Then the drunk wears off
Letting the air out of these clowns is so much fun!
...we never get short changed with the humour in your posts 40...keep it up bud...they haven't got an answer for ya....LMAO...GO VIKES!!!
High on Vikes

United States

#18 Oct 17, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
Hey, queen fans, even with 11 starters out, 2 overtime loses, and no mercy calls from the refs?.......The Pack is still ahead of the queens!....Listening to you idiots, I would have thought your 5-0?.......News flash queenboys, your 2-3 with a old qb, pathectic 0-line, and with the gifts the cowgirls, and refs gave ya?......You are lucky to be 2-3!......Typicle queen fans, 1 lucky win and their talking SB!.........
I believe that was sarcasm, Ex
High on Vikes

United States

#19 Oct 17, 2010
erie-vike tard wrote:
<quoted text>
It is great that we can only beat the loser teams this year...
What is it with you people...have a little faith. SKOL Vikes

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#20 Oct 17, 2010
High on Vikes wrote:
Packers are not feeling too confident right now. Maybe with just a little luck we'll be 3-3 next week SKOL Vikes!!!
...the VIKES are still in it...they will make Swiis out of the Cheddarheads next Sunday...come on old man...make TT and MCMUFFIN cringe once again...never let em forget...3 - 3...the VIKES are coming for ya...GO VIKES!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
News Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
News Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
News 6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
News Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
News Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
More from around the web