Tom Powers / NEW ORLEANS - The Vikings' season turned out to be...

Once again the ultimate prize will go to someone else. The story remains the same, only the faces change. Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Packer Fan

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 24, 2010
Karma...love it!!! LOL!
Lito

Hesperia, CA

#2 Jan 24, 2010
Vikings will continue to have a "good" team, after all, they have the most number of Pro-Bowlers (10) in 2009. Forty-nine seasons of disappointment. They are much maligned because they are losers , i.e., 0-4 in the Super Bowl. They don't have the heart of a champion. They should consult with great teams like the Pittsburg Steelers, New York Yankees, or the Boston Celtics on how to win the Big One. They are simply inconsistent, and you are always nervous in watching them play because they have a history of choking. At this time, I think it is fair to say that they are perrenial losers. Perhaps as a "LA Vikings", some management may be able to put together a SB "winner."
K Bar

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 24, 2010
Packer Fan wrote:
Karma...love it!!! LOL!
Please refresh our memory. The Pudge Fackers made how far this season? Yes indeed, karma is a btch!

Since: Jan 10

Fayette, AL

#4 Jan 24, 2010
Dang! Thought we had it this time. Inopportune fumbles, 12 men in the huddle, costly interception...and a couple questionable officiating calls- well, it was a good season while it lasted. Go Vikings! Get 'em next year...
Ad Lee

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 24, 2010
Lame perspective, Powers. Knocking on the SB's door, on the road against the bst in the NFC, in the face of injuries, with a Saints game plan to beat up Favre with late hits, and the most inhospitable stadium and referee crew... and still dominate the game in every way, losing by a lousy 1st down spot and a fictional pass interference - doesn't ruin what was an awesome season. Pretty obvious the Saints lost this one in every way but the final score. Skol Vikings, heck of a season - enjoy your lucky breaks, 'Aints.
DenverViking

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 24, 2010
I hate to say it, but I am just so damn glad the Vikings didn't ruin what purity they had by defiling their history with the name of Brett Fav(re) on anything associated with making the Super Bowl. Jettison that Packer and win with a true leader. Also, get rid of any coach that doesn't know how to count the number of players allowed on the field at any one time. Nice job, Childress!
Pack fan

Osceola, WI

#7 Jan 24, 2010
I hope Powers didn't twist his ankle like Brett when he jumped off the bandwagon like that. That thing must've hardly been stopped....
cnruf

Williamsburg, VA

#8 Jan 24, 2010
Lito wrote:
Vikings will continue to have a "good" team, after all, they have the most number of Pro-Bowlers (10) in 2009. Forty-nine seasons of disappointment. They are much maligned because they are losers , i.e., 0-4 in the Super Bowl. They don't have the heart of a champion. They should consult with great teams like the Pittsburg Steelers, New York Yankees, or the Boston Celtics on how to win the Big One. They are simply inconsistent, and you are always nervous in watching them play because they have a history of choking. At this time, I think it is fair to say that they are perrenial losers. Perhaps as a "LA Vikings", some management may be able to put together a SB "winner."
Perhaps you are being tongue in cheek with you observations and I wish not to dumb down with the intent of my question. But are the same players on the team now that played in the 60;s and 70's? Is the ownership the same? If you are suggesting that these issues are tied, What is the rationale behind your statement? What makes them perrenial losers as you state? DXo I detect some superstition in your observation?
Cal-man

Monrovia, CA

#9 Jan 24, 2010
Childress prefers to look at the positives, which is why his team lost this game. He should have looked at the glaring negatives like Peterson's continuing fumbles and his undisciplined running style, and his offensive coordinators bland and unimaginative playcalling. If Childress thinks it was a great season, he was probably looking at his paycheck and contract extension. He will be another in a long line of losers who coach a losing franchise. It doesn't matter if you win all your regular season games but CHOKE AGAIN in the title game. The vikings will be a worse team next year regardless of their personnel; will not make it to the title game, and will lose def coord Frazier to another team. Wilf should have fired Childress and made Frazier the head coach. Only then will the vikings have some hope.
Packer fan

South Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jan 24, 2010
K Bar wrote:
<quoted text>
Please refresh our memory. The Pudge Fackers made how far this season? Yes indeed, karma is a btch!
and just like every year the vikes will watch someone else win the trophy! all year had to listen to minnesotan's say how favre will bring them a championship! so how did that work out? haha vikings will always be loser's
Bobby

Collegeville, MN

#11 Jan 24, 2010
Pack fan wrote:
I hope Powers didn't twist his ankle like Brett when he jumped off the bandwagon like that. That thing must've hardly been stopped....
HAHA you are so right. Tom Powers was too negative. I prefer, like Brad, to look at the positives. And no, Tom Powers, not that it was fun; you are one of those fans that really annoy me. We haven't gotten this far and had a good season behind us for a long time. And, since when has the mission for the superbowl never been a mission? Every season is the same, jerk!
Bobby

Collegeville, MN

#12 Jan 24, 2010
cnruf wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are being tongue in cheek with you observations and I wish not to dumb down with the intent of my question. But are the same players on the team now that played in the 60;s and 70's? Is the ownership the same? If you are suggesting that these issues are tied, What is the rationale behind your statement? What makes them perrenial losers as you state? DXo I detect some superstition in your observation?
BOOO ON YOU! You suck all the positive energy out; just go home and shut up!
Bobby

Collegeville, MN

#13 Jan 24, 2010
Cal-man wrote:
Childress prefers to look at the positives, which is why his team lost this game. He should have looked at the glaring negatives like Peterson's continuing fumbles and his undisciplined running style, and his offensive coordinators bland and unimaginative playcalling. If Childress thinks it was a great season, he was probably looking at his paycheck and contract extension. He will be another in a long line of losers who coach a losing franchise. It doesn't matter if you win all your regular season games but CHOKE AGAIN in the title game. The vikings will be a worse team next year regardless of their personnel; will not make it to the title game, and will lose def coord Frazier to another team. Wilf should have fired Childress and made Frazier the head coach. Only then will the vikings have some hope.
I bet you are one of those fans, too, who thought the season was over when we lost to the Steelers, Cardinals, Panthers, and Bears...EXCUSE ME but I don't SEE any of those teams that made it. You are a typical Vikings fan, and I pity you and the rest for it. Get the HELL outta Minnesota!
PackerPaul

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 24, 2010
LMFAO
K Bar

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 25, 2010
Packer fan wrote:
<quoted text>and just like every year the vikes will watch someone else win the trophy! all year had to listen to minnesotan's say how favre will bring them a championship! so how did that work out? haha vikings will always be loser's
You just might be correct, who knows? But I guess the Pack didn't get as far cause YOU had a sprained ankle?
13AAA

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jan 25, 2010
Here is the deal. The Vikes did have a great year. But you need to get rid of Peterson-lure Favre back and that dum coach has to go. I spent the last few days telling fans of another Minn paper that the nutty professor coach would cost yall-and it did. Use Petersons high profile as a way to snag a few other great players, and you may well be on your way to the SB next year. But, the nutty professor has to go, as does Peterson.
O-2E in 101st Airborne

Columbus, OH

#17 Jan 25, 2010
I think I'm glad I wasn't able to watch the game over here in the Stan. How do you have 12 men in the huddle? With a command climate of poor discipline and inattentiveness brought on by an underqualified coach. And one wonders if we're going to finally draft a real QB in the first round or be left hanging when Favre does decide to retire. Please coach don't tell us you still think Jump Pass is the guy. Maybe we can re-sign Taylor and trade Butterfingers for a franchise QB. On another note, it's time the NFL adopt overtime rules like the NCAA. Otherwise whoever wins the toss only needs to return it 20 yards, gain 20 more in a few plays and then kick the GWFG. I think there need to be equal at-bats during overtime.
NO STADIUM

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jan 25, 2010
Fire Childress.

Peterson fumbles three times and he still does not bench him! Chestor Taylor could do his job but this idiot Childress think nothing is wrong!!
Fire Childress

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jan 25, 2010
Fire Childress and trade Peterson for a hot QB!
Minnesotax

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 25, 2010
Who Dat!

What a game. Super Bowl should be very interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
Minnesota Vikings' Most Disappointing Players o... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
More from around the web