Interim coach Leslie Frazier has calm...

Interim coach Leslie Frazier has calmed the storm for Minnesota Vikings

There are 157 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 27, 2010, titled Interim coach Leslie Frazier has calmed the storm for Minnesota Vikings. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

While Vikings ownership faces a difficult decision regarding Leslie Frazier's job security, Frazier has one thing around which to build his case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
ezg357d

AOL

#1 Dec 27, 2010
The way the defense has looked I wouldnt think the owner would even keep frazier as there defensive coach let alone there head coach. Go Vikings.
expacker fan

Mount Hope, WV

#2 Dec 28, 2010
we better keep leslie fraizer he seems to know what he's doing. The players seem to respond to him well. lets give the man a chance he deserves it, he could took the college coach job in minn but declined it. go vikings.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#3 Dec 28, 2010
"He's a great leader and a great man." Did even one player ever say anything close to that about Childress? It takes awhile to recover from a disease. Give Frazier a chance to guide that recovery.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#5 Dec 28, 2010
he has calmed this team so much they barely have a pulse on the field, two wins against bad teams and they got blown out twice against good teams, dont hire Frazier
John Mundt

United States

#6 Dec 28, 2010
I have been a Vikes fan since the days of Joe kapp, since I have been a fan - 50 years they have always urinated down their leg when it comes to time to win a Super Bowl, They have never done anything and I doubt they ever will.

I do not beleive that Frasier has what it takes to re - organize the Vikes into a winning team or even a 500 club. I beleive this team just needs to go to LA.

GO BEARS.
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 28, 2010
Frazier handles the press, never throws a player under the bus...he didn't create the mess the Vikings are in, and they'll probably lose their last two games.
He gets what being a head coach is, and deserves the chance to start fresh with next year's Viking team.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#8 Dec 28, 2010
expacker fan wrote:
we better keep leslie fraizer he seems to know what he's doing. The players seem to respond to him well. lets give the man a chance he deserves it, he could took the college coach job in minn but declined it. go vikings.
the players respond to him?..Have you seen the last 2 blowout losses?
Ron

Rochester, MN

#9 Dec 28, 2010
With Frazier as head coach it may be more likely to keep some of the key free agents such as Greenway and Rice to name two. Players like to consistency, coach Frazier would give them the comfort of knowing the coach and the feeling that their voice to ownership is heard. As for John in Fresneck; LA SUX and Fresneck is an armpit keep your hand down and do something to help the tree huggers in CA
bill

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 28, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
the players respond to him?..Have you seen the last 2 blowout losses?
I think that the two losses came as a result of the bad luck the vikings have had lately. With the metrodome collaps and then having to play at TCF bank. It just throws a lot of things off for a team thats been through so much adversity already because of the mess that chilly made. I'm not saying the would have won if that didn't happen, i'm just saying they would have played a lot better, had all this snow chaos didn't happen. Also keep in mind frazier is just playing with the team and staff chilly built, so you gotta believe that if he can get a chance to build this team more to his liking, you will start to see better results. I think frazier deserves a chance to prove himself at least next season. One full season with no distractions, no natural disasters, just him, the team, and football, see how he does.
bill

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 28, 2010
bottom line unless bill cowher or bill parcels is coming here, i don't see anyone better fit to do the job than Frazier. Also I hope vikings get rid of madieu (can't tackle anything) williams, bernard (couldn't catch a cold) berrian, bryant (most over-rated OT) Mckinney. These three idiots are making way too much money for their contributions on any given sunday. Mckinney is solely responsible for Farve's concussion because he got owned by a rookie. If i have to watch Mckinney trying to block anyone again I think i'm gonna puke. Same goes for berrian trying to catch and madieu williams trying to tackle anything.
bill

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 28, 2010
Oh one last thing. If McKinney makes the pro bowl again this year, it would be a complete joke.
the time is now

Burnsville, MN

#13 Dec 28, 2010
This era of grooming coordinators to fill our head coach needs to stop. Please, no more "let's give him a chance". Giving it the ol' college try gets you empty seats, players walking free agency, and an empty trophy case. Such as our beloved vikings squad. We need a proven head coach...that's right, I said PROVEN. Cowher to be exact. Ziggy I'm begging you, please refrain from hiring someone who was brought in here by chilly. The whole lot needs to go. I wish them well.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#14 Dec 28, 2010
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the two losses came as a result of the bad luck the vikings have had lately. With the metrodome collaps and then having to play at TCF bank. It just throws a lot of things off for a team thats been through so much adversity already because of the mess that chilly made. I'm not saying the would have won if that didn't happen, i'm just saying they would have played a lot better, had all this snow chaos didn't happen. Also keep in mind frazier is just playing with the team and staff chilly built, so you gotta believe that if he can get a chance to build this team more to his liking, you will start to see better results. I think frazier deserves a chance to prove himself at least next season. One full season with no distractions, no natural disasters, just him, the team, and football, see how he does.
Amen.
the time is now

Burnsville, MN

#15 Dec 28, 2010
If mckinnie makes it to next season it would be a joke
How can you

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Dec 28, 2010
How can anyone evaluate Frazier on coaching 4 games? Please tell me how you can come to a logical conclusion after the man has coached 4 games especially after chilly messed everything up? The man deserves a chance to coach. Tony Dungy didn't win his Super Bowl at Tampa, but Indy. It doesn't happen in one season. Tell me how you go from the championship game to a record of 5-9? That's chilly's record and why he's unemployed. Let Frazier guide this team. We won't be sorry.
oh oh

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Dec 28, 2010
Its not always the coaches fault. When players feel like they want to play half ass they play half ass when they feel they want to win they win. That's just how it is. Keep Leslie around, he'll turn out to be a good coach. If you look at Tony Dungy's career, he turned a bad Tampa Bay team into a NFL championship team after he left and Jon Gruden took over.
i can

Burnsville, MN

#18 Dec 28, 2010
A band-aid isn't the solution. And you're telling me that we should be the team that Frazier coaches first before moving to another team and winning his first superbowl as a coach? Yeah, that sounds like a plan...or not. We don't have time to wait and hope he turns out to be the next dungy.
right call 4 me

Perham, MN

#19 Dec 28, 2010
it's a no brainer cuz vikings are going to have to sign him....at least for 2 years cuz of chilly's contract!

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#20 Dec 28, 2010
I don't think whatever the outcome of the rest of season results are will have any bearing on who the next coach is for the Vikes. Maybe if Wilf had fired Klink earlier in the season, Frazier could have saved the year, but considering what a disappointing year this has been, these last two games really don't mean a thing regarding his future as the permanent coach.
Greg

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Dec 28, 2010
I'd like to see Leslie get his shot. Lord knows if he can fix this mess , then we've got ourselves a coach. I was listening to Jerry Jones and he mentioned a stat that was pretty interesting. He said that in the history of the NFL no SB winning coach has gone to another team and won a SB, i looked back and he's right. So getting a big name coach in here may or may not be the answer if history holds true. I think Leslie's steady hand can put the team on the right track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
News Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
News Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
News 6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
News Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
News Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
More from around the web