Vikings running back Adrian Peterson: 'I know I'm the best'

Viking OG Ryan Cook and RB Adrian Peterson celebrate Peterson's 80-yard touchdown run as the Minnesota Vikings played the Detroit Lions at the Metrodome on September 26, 2010. Full Story
Bronson

New Hyde Park, NY

#1 Sep 28, 2010
The packers and bears are very average teams. The packers are not well coached, their defense is completely overrated and they cannot run the ball.

If Adrian "All Day" Peterson gets 26-30 carries in each divisonal game left, we will SWEEP the division. SWEEP.
The vikings are the best team in the division by far if they choose to become more of a smash mouth offense featuring AP and a healthy dose of Gerhart as well. Favre should throw the ball between 25-29 times per game and that's it.

SWEEP the division.

SKOL.
areyoudelusional

Independence, MO

#2 Sep 28, 2010
Bronson wrote:
The packers and bears are very average teams. The packers are not well coached, their defense is completely overrated and they cannot run the ball.
If Adrian "All Day" Peterson gets 26-30 carries in each divisonal game left, we will SWEEP the division. SWEEP.
The vikings are the best team in the division by far if they choose to become more of a smash mouth offense featuring AP and a healthy dose of Gerhart as well. Favre should throw the ball between 25-29 times per game and that's it.
SWEEP the division.
SKOL.
That's a nice philosophy, but you failed to reconize that the Bears, are also #1 against the run. Your only win was against the Lions, they have the 30th ranked defense and you had trouble with them. Still thinking the Vikings will finish last in the division. The Vikings were the best team in the division and their decline started at the end of last year, Peppers will eat Favre alive.
idea

Duluth, MN

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Vikings coach Brad Childress, who openly agrees that Peterson is the best
(I had no idea(my name) that col.klink believed that WOW)
Ball protection: Backup running back Toby Gerhart was ending Sunday's performance with a nice 8-yard gain before spoiling it with a fumble at the end of the play.
Gerhart turned it over on Detroit's 28-yard line, derailing the Vikings' offensive drive and giving the Lions another chance at a score.
Gerhart, who finished with 12 yards on four carries, was not too pleased — especially because of his rookie status.
"You want to go out there and make good impressions, and that's the worst thing you can do," the second-round draft pick out of Stanford said.
Gerhart said he plans to be cautious with the ball at the end of each run.
"As you're going down, you want to hold it with two hands," Gerhart said. "That's something we want to be conscious about."
(the curse moves onto gerhart)
Quote of note: "Personality-wise — run the ball, stop the run. That's a great recipe to win a lot of football games." — Childress, on his team's philosophy in light of the passing game's struggles.
(yeah passing, farve forget that)
AP the best after Detroit

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Cmon...it's the Lions EVERYONE can run against them. What did AP do against the Packers last year, he was held to under a 100 yards and I believe only one TD in two games that's what. If he were truly the best he'd shut his mouth and play football. Best yeah the best at flapping his jaws about how he's the best. Mean while guys like Adrian Foster put up better numbers against better teams...AP the best try 2nd, 3rd or 4th at best. Also NO the Viqueens wont win the NFC North that's reserved for the Packers this year and many more years once Brent retires finally!
green gay fagers

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 28, 2010
AP the best after Detroit wrote:
Cmon...it's the Lions EVERYONE can run against them. What did AP do against the Packers last year, he was held to under a 100 yards and I believe only one TD in two games that's what. If he were truly the best he'd shut his mouth and play football. Best yeah the best at flapping his jaws about how he's the best. Mean while guys like Adrian Foster put up better numbers against better teams...AP the best try 2nd, 3rd or 4th at best. Also NO the Viqueens wont win the NFC North that's reserved for the Packers this year and many more years once Brent retires finally!
You guys are retarded. Have you seen the lions front four?
0for50

Eau Claire, WI

#6 Sep 28, 2010
green gay fagers wrote:
<quoted text>You guys are retarded. Have you seen the lions front four?
Yep, seen them, they give up an average of almost 149 yards a game so far. So all Peterson, did is gain 11 more yards than they normally give up. There run defense is ranked dead last in the NFL. If he can run on the Jets defense like that I, would be impressed.
David d

Cottage Grove, WI

#7 Sep 29, 2010
AP the best after Detroit wrote:
Cmon...it's the Lions EVERYONE can run against them. What did AP do against the Packers last year, he was held to under a 100 yards and I believe only one TD in two games that's what. If he were truly the best he'd shut his mouth and play football. Best yeah the best at flapping his jaws about how he's the best. Mean while guys like Adrian Foster put up better numbers against better teams...AP the best try 2nd, 3rd or 4th at best. Also NO the Viqueens wont win the NFC North that's reserved for the Packers this year and many more years once Brent retires finally!
For the most part AD does not flap his jaws and if you have seen him run you know he is the best back in the league. Gonna be a sweet season for the vikes!
Bronson

New Hyde Park, NY

#8 Sep 29, 2010
areyoudelusional wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a nice philosophy, but you failed to reconize that the Bears, are also #1 against the run. Your only win was against the Lions, they have the 30th ranked defense and you had trouble with them. Still thinking the Vikings will finish last in the division. The Vikings were the best team in the division and their decline started at the end of last year, Peppers will eat Favre alive.
The decline started at the end of last year? You mean after they destroyed the red hot cowboys? Or, when they completely dominated the saints, before giving the game away?
The Lions have a better front four than the marshmallow soft packers and the bears defense is good....but not great.
The vikings biggest enemy is their inconsistent offensive philosophy. AP is the best player in the league and he needs to be featured more than favre.

The vikes will win their division and they will beat the jets in 2 weeks.

USA all the way.
FudgePackerKille r

Bangkok, Thailand

#9 Oct 1, 2010
Bronson wrote:
The packers and bears are very average teams. The packers are not well coached, their defense is completely overrated and they cannot run the ball.
If Adrian "All Day" Peterson gets 26-30 carries in each divisonal game left, we will SWEEP the division. SWEEP.
The vikings are the best team in the division by far if they choose to become more of a smash mouth offense featuring AP and a healthy dose of Gerhart as well. Favre should throw the ball between 25-29 times per game and that's it.
SWEEP the division.
SKOL.
Wow, at least there's a few intelligent fans on this blog. Most of them want Favre to put it up 40-50 times a game.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#10 Oct 1, 2010
FudgePackerKiller wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, at least there's a few intelligent fans on this blog. Most of them want Favre to put it up 40-50 times a game.
Nobody in their right mind would want that, a balanced attack is any team's forte, especially the Vikes with a weapon like AP in the backfield. Have to throw sometimes to keep 8 out of the box and keep defenses honest, BF reads a defense better than most and reads the blitz majority of the time, something Vikes didn't have before he arrived; that being a QB that can check down and spot the hot route. That Is what makes him a valuable commodity on this team to complement AP. 25-29 is a perfect goal as far as pass attempts per game on the average.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#11 Oct 1, 2010
AP the best after Detroit wrote:
Cmon...it's the Lions EVERYONE can run against them. What did AP do against the Packers last year, he was held to under a 100 yards and I believe only one TD in two games that's what. If he were truly the best he'd shut his mouth and play football. Best yeah the best at flapping his jaws about how he's the best. Mean while guys like Adrian Foster put up better numbers against better teams...AP the best try 2nd, 3rd or 4th at best. Also NO the Viqueens wont win the NFC North that's reserved for the Packers this year and many more years once Brent retires finally!
That's because the Packers play a 3-4, you seen what Brett did to them last season, 3-4 is primarily designed to stop the run but it's flaw is that the rush is slow, BF picked that 3-4 D apart in both games, AP was not needed as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Cowboys Bid For Bryant McKinnie's Services (May '13) May '13 Always the Star 1
Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
Dallas Cowboys Re-Singing of Phil Costa Sends W... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jason behn 1
Dallas Cowboys Potential Draft Targets at the S... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Brian 5
Ladies And Gentlemen, Your Minnesota Vikings' 5... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Goodfarts 23
Ponder sees more, learns more (Aug '11) Aug '11 Statfarts 2
More from around the web