Bob Sansevere: Two things with Viking...

Bob Sansevere: Two things with Vikings center Ryan Cook

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 26, 2010, titled Bob Sansevere: Two things with Vikings center Ryan Cook. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Here is Vikings center Ryan Cook, who replaced starter John Sullivan early in the game after Sullivan suffered an injury ... On his role in Adrian Peterson's 80-yard TD run : "I got to the linebacker and sealed him, and that's where ended up cutting it up for the long run.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

VikingGolfer

Montgomery, AL

#1 Sep 27, 2010
I think Cook should be starting and not Sullivan.. He is bigger blocker and tougher to get around, just my thoughts...
GO VIKES!!!!
dfresh

United States

#2 Sep 27, 2010
Cook looked great yesterday. He stays on his blocks and finishes. Look how good the running game looked. Sullivan sucks and to many times I see him not sticking on his blocks. If chilldress wants to continue to win this year cook must be the center.
celticvike

Spearman, TX

#3 Sep 27, 2010
had to listen to game on my xm. from what the announcers were talking about, it seemed cook was having a hard time calling the defense. but if i remember right, there was only one delay of game. seemed favre adjusted pretty well the the hieght difference
KanFan

United States

#4 Sep 27, 2010
Returning Ryan Cook to center should have been a no brainer...why did Childress have Herrera playing center in pre-season when Cook was more logical. Cook did a good job. Thank you Ryan.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#5 Sep 27, 2010
I really keyed on him when I saw Sullivan go down. Never understood why they drafted Sullivan when they had someone with center experience on the roster. The dig against him is he was too tall for a NFL center becuase he'd block the QB's vision. Cook plays squat a low which gives him good leverage on D line and keeps him out of Brett's line. He also pulled pretty damn quick. I'm not saying Matty Birk quick but he was way out in front on the run that got called back for the lame holding call on the WR.

The biggest knock on Cook when he played RT was his bonehad false starts. Kind of hard to get a false start when you are the center.
Lito

Victorville, CA

#6 Sep 27, 2010
Cook did a good job, don't you think coach Childress? Injury happens. No excuse but another humongous lineman could help protect and block. So why not get help. Also Vikes need better field positions. Dear receiving corp - get your act together - PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND MORE PRACTICE. If V. Jackson trade is not going to happen, can't the Vikings design one play for Joe Webb?
celticvike

Spearman, TX

#7 Sep 27, 2010
loadholt had a couple of false starts, but i'm begining to expect that. i have to admit, i didn't like getting cook for a 5th round pick on the culpepper trade. but it really worked out. where did Artis Hicks go?
Fireroastedchill i

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Sullivan is a marshmellow. Cook should start. Chilly, give up on the zone blocking. Our guys are too big. Frasier for HC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas Cowboys Bid For Bryant McKinnie's Services (May '13) May '13 Always the Star 1
News Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
News If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
News Dallas Cowboys Re-Singing of Phil Costa Sends W... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jason behn 1
News Dallas Cowboys Potential Draft Targets at the S... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Brian 5
News Ladies And Gentlemen, Your Minnesota Vikings' 5... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Goodfarts 23
News Ponder sees more, learns more (Aug '11) Aug '11 Statfarts 2
More from around the web