Vikings QB Brett Favre records three NFL milestones in loss to Jets

Despite an ugly performance for most of the game, Vikings quarterback Brett Favre reached three historic NFL milestones on Monday against the New York Jets. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Marion, AR

#1 Oct 12, 2010
I bet the media doesn't say that because Brett hasn't commented they can't stop talking about it for six months straight until his wife leaves him for sure and he holds a press conference on CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX and just about every other channel. While the media says that its not their fought that they can't quit talking about this story and that he should have gotten in from of it. Yeah right!! So no I don't fill sorry for Brett at all.

LETS SEE IF THEY ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE SIX MONTHS FROM NOW UP UNTIL THE DAY THE DIVORCE PAPERS ARE SIGNED. THEN YOU CAN FILL SORRY FOR HIM. THIS IS JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS OF LITE PRESS!!!!!

OH no let him and his family get treated the same as Tiger woods and his family no basis here. No keep him in the news, naaaaaaa i am mercyful person his personal life means nothing to me. Keep it out of the news now you people must have seen how tiger woods family felt. I will pray for him and his family.
Mary in Dairyland

Girard, OH

#2 Oct 12, 2010
Had enough of this clown yet?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Mary in Dairyland wrote:
Had enough of this clown yet?
Why? The big nose and floppy feet look good on you.

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#5 Oct 12, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
...40 that is funny...LMFAO...GO VIKES!!!
Tony

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 12, 2010
For sale used NFL football team ,some new parts .needs complete overhaul Will consider trade for a used car or pu truck . Call or email Ziggy .
pars

Neenah, WI

#7 Oct 12, 2010
Farve is the greatest. He can do no wrong. He is King. When I hear his name mentioned I bow. His individual records ON and OFF the field are legendary.
Great family man ---Great teammate(he misses training so his backups can get some reps). What a guy.
oldviking

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Oct 12, 2010
The objective is to WIN THE GAME NOT SET RECORDS,I hate to say it but farve needs to sit on the bench! We got him to save the vikes season,and his poor play is killing the vikes.Yea the oline blows they blew last year.All week they said his elbows hurt and the issue of his lust for hotties clearly is affecting his play! Although i'm not A TJ fan its time for the worst qb in the nfl to get a shot!!! He can't do any worse?

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#10 Oct 12, 2010
pars wrote:
Farve is the greatest. He can do no wrong. He is King. When I hear his name mentioned I bow. His individual records ON and OFF the field are legendary.
Great family man ---Great teammate(he misses training so his backups can get some reps). What a guy.
...you forgot to mention...he left GB so that wuss Sharon would stop crying and get some playing time...GO VIKES!!!
VikingsFan

Union, NJ

#11 Oct 12, 2010
While there is no excuse for how the Vikings played last night, I do have a question about one particular play. The play in question was when Holmes of the Jets was called for holding to nullify the Jets' successful third down play from their own nine yard line. I believe it was third and 15. I forget which quarter it occurred. The following play was Tomlinson running up the middle for the first. Did anyone notice that the holding play started at the 9 yard line and the next play (after the holding call) also started at the 9 yard line? I thought the ball should have been placed at the 4 1/2 yard line -- half the distance to the goal. Perhaps it would not have mattered but the Tomlinson run was a 17 yard gain, which would have meant the Jet's punting from deep in their own end rather than a first down.

Was there an offsetting penalty I missed that caused the ball to remain at the 9 yard line?
Da Bears 2010

Naperville, IL

#12 Oct 12, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well 40, at least your a man of your word. Your team better figure it out and fast!!! If you cant beat the Cowpokes in your own place, its going to be getting real ugly in Viking land. My mistake, it is very ugly in Viking land already. Tony Romo is no Mark Sanchez. Your defense played well again though. How's Toby and Joe Webb working out for you???
Ron

Duluth, MN

#13 Oct 12, 2010
A new word added to the dictionary. It is a verb. To get "favred", as in to have your QB cough up a fumble or int at the MOST inopportune times. As a fan of The Green and Gold I never got used to it but realizing it was going to happen at least made keep a small part of your brain ready for it. As I tell my queen fan buddies, get used to it, you live by the Favre and you die by the Favre. He was the greatest QB to play the game, should have staid retired the first time. Now he is going to go out as The Photographer who hung on too long past his prime. Have to admit though, it is great living in the land of queen fans and listening to their shocked and dumbfounded reactions when it happens to them. I remember getting razzed when The Green and Gold got favred and thinking that some how, somewhere karma would circle back around and bite them in the butt. Feel the chomp????

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#14 Oct 12, 2010
VikingsFan wrote:
While there is no excuse for how the Vikings played last night, I do have a question about one particular play. The play in question was when Holmes of the Jets was called for holding to nullify the Jets' successful third down play from their own nine yard line. I believe it was third and 15. I forget which quarter it occurred. The following play was Tomlinson running up the middle for the first. Did anyone notice that the holding play started at the 9 yard line and the next play (after the holding call) also started at the 9 yard line? I thought the ball should have been placed at the 4 1/2 yard line -- half the distance to the goal. Perhaps it would not have mattered but the Tomlinson run was a 17 yard gain, which would have meant the Jet's punting from deep in their own end rather than a first down.
Was there an offsetting penalty I missed that caused the ball to remain at the 9 yard line?
...i was wondering what happened there as well...i saw the hold...the 5 yard penalty...the next thing...boom...the Jets get a first down and the play still seemed to start at the same spot after the 5 yd holding call...i guess i missed it also...GO VIKES!!!

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#15 Oct 12, 2010
I tend to agree with Da in one part of his post- the Vikes need every single game they SHOULD win at this point- that very much includes the hapless Cowpatties.

If they can build on the good things that happened in last night's game, and apply them to the Patties, it should be a "W" next week.

WTH is up with Jared Allen this year???
Say No To Purple

Ridgefield Park, NJ

#16 Oct 12, 2010
allen IS OVERRATED
Mr Marcus

United States

#17 Oct 12, 2010
VikingsFan wrote:
Try reading up on the rules of football. When offensive holding occurs beyond the line of scrimmage it is a spot foul. The holding occurred on the 19 yard line, therefore marking off a 10 yard penalty from that spot puts it on the 9 yard line. If the holding had occurred downfield at the 40 yard line, the penalty would have been enforced from there, moving it back to the 30 yard line and they still would have had a first and 10.

The only time it would have been half the distance to the goal would have been if the holding had occurred from the neutral zone to the end zone (behind the line of scrimmage).

I love it when guys claim something is unfair when they don't even know the rules of the game!
Tony Romo

Spring Hill, FL

#18 Oct 12, 2010
This coming Monday Night game will be the laughingstock game of the year.
A pair of teams going nowhere. Favre and I will stink it up to a tie game.
VikingsFan

Bronx, NY

#19 Oct 12, 2010
Mr Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading up on the rules of football. When offensive holding occurs beyond the line of scrimmage it is a spot foul. The holding occurred on the 19 yard line, therefore marking off a 10 yard penalty from that spot puts it on the 9 yard line. If the holding had occurred downfield at the 40 yard line, the penalty would have been enforced from there, moving it back to the 30 yard line and they still would have had a first and 10.
The only time it would have been half the distance to the goal would have been if the holding had occurred from the neutral zone to the end zone (behind the line of scrimmage).
I love it when guys claim something is unfair when they don't even know the rules of the game!
Mr. Marcus,

After reading your comment I did take the time to locate the rule book and discovered that, if your placement of the hold is correct (i.e., the 19 yard line) then you are correct. Thanks for the clarifying my confusion. I admit I am just not as smart as you when it comes to the rules of football. Congratulations. Victory is yours.

I do wonder, however, about your claim that I cried about it being "unfair" since such a claim neither appears in my comment nor could fairly be inferred given my opening sentence about how there are no excuses for how the Vikings played. Perhaps you should spend a bit more time reading someone's post before you attack. I might save you from future embarrassment.
AyerDad

Bedford, MA

#20 Oct 12, 2010
Well played VikingsFan
mossforlife

Springfield, IL

#21 Oct 12, 2010
oldviking wrote:
The objective is to WIN THE GAME NOT SET RECORDS,I hate to say it but farve needs to sit on the bench! We got him to save the vikes season,and his poor play is killing the vikes.Yea the oline blows they blew last year.All week they said his elbows hurt and the issue of his lust for hotties clearly is affecting his play! Although i'm not A TJ fan its time for the worst qb in the nfl to get a shot!!! He can't do any worse?
Why give him a shot if he's that bad? It's not about being a TJ fan it's about putting the best man in for the best chance to win. He was projected to start if BF was not here, he came to practice and was ready to play. He won the starting position over the others. He knows the system. So yes, it's time to give him a shot without all the antics. Those players on the team deserve much better than what is being served currently. Before Brett came aboard they believe that could reach the last dance without BF, after their 10-6 season with playoff game. You need to thank the Man instead of downing him.
Mr Marcus

United States

#22 Oct 12, 2010
AyerDad wrote:
Well played VikingsFan
Not well played, very well played. My apologies VikingsFan. I did read more in your post that simply was not there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Cowboys Bid For Bryant McKinnie's Services (May '13) May '13 Always the Star 1
Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
Dallas Cowboys Re-Singing of Phil Costa Sends W... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jason behn 1
Dallas Cowboys Potential Draft Targets at the S... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Brian 5
Ladies And Gentlemen, Your Minnesota Vikings' 5... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Goodfarts 23
Ponder sees more, learns more (Aug '11) Aug '11 Statfarts 2
•••
•••

Ryan Cook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••