Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer target...

Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adr...

There are 53 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 12, 2008, titled Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adr.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said Thursday he couldn't remember which Tampa Bay Buccaneers player tried to "take me out" during last month's game, except that the player targeting him wore a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#41 Dec 13, 2008
The Tampa Bay Bucaneers seem to style themselves to be the Oakland Raiders of the East Coast.
AD for MVP

San Jose, CA

#42 Dec 13, 2008
Migz420 wrote:
Oh and if you guys read back on "NFL is for Sissies" comment on targeting specific areas, it was definitely meant tounge-in-cheek and sarcastically. The speed of the game, and the violent nature of the sport is why guys like Allen make fines pointless because they aren't going to change their style when their style isn't dirty to start with. Allens 80k in fines this year, is equal to a person who makes 40k a year losing 40 dollars in fines. Chump change.
For the record, I didn't see much wrong with Ogunleyes' arm to Gus' back and Gus' flop job, other than the fact it was long after the play. I never thought he should be fined for that. Gus clearly backed into him, and he just kinda shoved him out of the way.
Yeah, the arm to Gus' back was hilarious! I think Gus thought he was playing soccer. Bring out the stretcher! Five seconds later he runs back on the field and throws a 99 yard TD.
VIKINGFAN

Wahpeton, ND

#43 Dec 13, 2008
He should have been fined!!!! for the hit in the chicago,Detriot,and tampa games all of them!!!!!!
VIKINGFAN

Wahpeton, ND

#44 Dec 13, 2008
Anne wrote:
Why is this news.
well if this is not supposed to be news why do you bother writing a message
Homer J

Sheboygan, WI

#45 Dec 13, 2008
I hope Roger "God" Goodell nails this puke like he has nailed the Viking players this year. There is NO excuse for trying to hurt someone on purpose it happens enough by accident.
Johnny Utah

Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

#46 Dec 13, 2008
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ROOKIE LINEMAN FROM DETROIT DIDNT GET SUSPENDED OR FINED. HE TRIED TO END ALLEN'S CAREER JUST LIKE FAGBOY JUNE DID IN TAMPA A MONTH AGO. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...BUT SERIOUSLY WHO HANDS OUT THESE FINES??? THE NFL NEEDS REVIEW THE TAPE AND TELL ME IT WAS CLEAN- THATS HORRIBLE, I THOUGHT AT LEAST ONE GAME & 50K WAS IN ORDER
TACKLING CLEAN IS A LOST ART THAT FEW KNOW HOW TO DO...WANNA SEE A TACKLING MACHINE WATCH WINFIELD PLAY ONE GAME...THE GUY IS ALL PRO AND CLEAN
Fan

Minneapolis, MN

#47 Dec 13, 2008
Somebody post the video on U-tube so we can all see it.
CVal

Nashville, TN

#48 Dec 13, 2008
Cato June was reportedly going to be the next Derrick Brooks when he was signed. He can't even keep up with an older and slower Brooks. So, he resorts to dirty play to score a rep as a big hitter. This kind of news makes me ashamed to have him on the team I support. He'll never be up there with Sapp, Rice, Brooks, Barber, Lynch. Sapp may have ran his mouth, but he didn't play dirty. He didn't have to.
Jim E

Cottage Grove, MN

#49 Dec 13, 2008
I am surprised this doesn't happen every game with AP. The REFS wait forever to blow the whistle these days.
GRAVEDIGGER

Brentwood, TN

#50 Dec 13, 2008
i'd love to fist fight cheap shot carol june ! that's right ! i called june a WOMAN !
now try and do something about it !!

i am the GRAVEDIGGER !!! NO ONE CAN DEFEAT ME !!!!!!!!!!
JabberWocky

Minneapolis, MN

#51 Dec 14, 2008
matman72 wrote:
thats how the game is played and has been played
Blluhsit!!! This is Monte Kiffin's shameful "style" of slimy defense and the NFL has turned and looked the other way for years.
St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#52 Dec 14, 2008
send your thugs after him.
Avenging Angel

West Fargo, ND

#53 Dec 15, 2008
Adrienne, just remember Romans 12:19(New American Standard), Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. Cato's judgment day will come when he least expects it. Keep the faith!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronde Barber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goldson scores big Bucs (Mar '13) Mar '13 The_Solution 1
News NFL Mock Draft 2013: Todd McShay gives Kenny Va... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John 1
News Best destinations for top free agents (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris wants ... (May '10) Sep '10 drbucs 5
News Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2010: Players Who Need To ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 john w 2
News Bucs' Barber not backing off Giants comments (Jan '08) Feb '10 go there 25
News Aqib Talib Arrested: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Take ... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Junior Perez 1
More from around the web