Fiscal crunch forces city, township officials to look at safety services

Jul 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hometown Life

Facing declining property tax collections and what will likely be continuing state revenue cuts, Plymouth and Plymouth Township officials are looking for savings in the way they deliver police and fire protection and emergency medical service.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Mike

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Maybe cut back on the township officials to save some money. I would think the 500 or so people who needed ALS are happy to have firefighters and medics staffed 24/7.
Paul Kersey

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

When you call 911 in Plymouth, you can hear the sirens coming to your aid before getting off the phone. That is a good thing, a very secure feeling. There are times where they are over zealous. I've been harassed a few times, even had a car follow me home while jogging or biking. I also know of a 14-year-old boy that peed in a bush on the way home from school one day. The officer didn't see anything except the kid coming and going from the bush, but the kid admitted what he did. It meant a big court date for him and a juvenile record, fine, and community service. Meanwhile, drug sales don't get busted. There must be a way to re prioritize things and save some money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ron Edwards Discussions

Search the Ron Edwards Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mel Kiper: DT offers most draft value for Panth... (Apr '13) Apr '13 nick 1
Kool-Aid completes Cam Newton's holiday feast (Nov '12) Nov '12 Tamisan35 1
Grade The Chiefs' Free Agency Moves (Jul '11) Jul '11 ChiefsFan 1
Minneapolis police chief's memo defends seven o... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Lexi 8
Panthers Send Draft Pick To Chiefs For DT Tyler (Oct '09) Oct '09 Patrick Johnson 1
It's good (enough) (Nov '07) Nov '07 Seek the truth 488
Chiefs sign former Bears DT Boone to bolster D (Mar '07) Mar '07 Jay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••