Rodney talks Asante

Rodney talks Asante

There are 10 comments on the Patriots Blog - Reiss Pieces story from Aug 21, 2008, titled Rodney talks Asante. In it, Patriots Blog - Reiss Pieces reports that:

Rodney Harrison was caught slightly off guard today in the Patriots' locker room when asked if he was looking forward to seeing former teammate Asante Samuel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patriots Blog - Reiss Pieces.

Drew05

United States

#1 Aug 21, 2008
Look at the list of people that have left the Patriots since the Billa-cheat era...(coaches/players)

They all leave because they can't stand the cheating...lol!

E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!!
18andDONEwihtout CHEATING

Utica, KY

#2 Aug 21, 2008
Fu<k Rodney Harrsion he's a washed up steroid addict has been just like the rest of the Pats defense except for the front 3.
patsfan111111

Monroe, LA

#3 Aug 21, 2008
Drew05 wrote:
Look at the list of people that have left the Patriots since the Billa-cheat era...(coaches/players)
They all leave because they can't stand the cheating...lol!
E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!!
actually samuel left because he is a greedy prick who cares more about getting paid than winning. the pats have always done this. they let branch go after getting the superbowl mvp because he wanted to be bigger than the team. the sox let manny ramirez go for the same reason. its a team sport and coming from an eagles fan you should know first hand how well your season goes when one guy thinks he is bigger than the team.

samuel is a great player but he will be mediocre because he is going to a mediocre team. same with branch, he is a nobody now.

bottom line is brady is the ultimate player. he is the only star qb in the league that took a paycut, well restructured his deal to be back end heavy so he could leave room to get players they needed then. look at the colts, manning and his hall of fame receivers that cant win in the playoffs hold half the salary cap and left nothing for the rest of the team.

samuel got his money in phili but he wont get a legit chance to win. right now he is on a team that is third in their division. they are already in second place in the wildcard race and havent played a game yet. but he can feed us that crap about wanting to go somewhere that had a chance to win. please how can you lie like that and go from an 18-1 team with 4 superbowl appearances in the last 7 years to an 8-8 team with 4 straight years of choking when mcnabb was healthy and in his prime? i would have respected it more if he was honest. phili, you can have him.

Utica, KY

#4 Aug 21, 2008
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>actually samuel left because he is a greedy prick who cares more about getting paid than winning. the pats have always done this. they let branch go after getting the superbowl mvp because he wanted to be bigger than the team. the sox let manny ramirez go for the same reason. its a team sport and coming from an eagles fan you should know first hand how well your season goes when one guy thinks he is bigger than the team.
samuel is a great player but he will be mediocre because he is going to a mediocre team. same with branch, he is a nobody now.
bottom line is brady is the ultimate player. he is the only star qb in the league that took a paycut, well restructured his deal to be back end heavy so he could leave room to get players they needed then. look at the colts, manning and his hall of fame receivers that cant win in the playoffs hold half the salary cap and left nothing for the rest of the team.
samuel got his money in phili but he wont get a legit chance to win. right now he is on a team that is third in their division. they are already in second place in the wildcard race and havent played a game yet. but he can feed us that crap about wanting to go somewhere that had a chance to win. please how can you lie like that and go from an 18-1 team with 4 superbowl appearances in the last 7 years to an 8-8 team with 4 straight years of choking when mcnabb was healthy and in his prime? i would have respected it more if he was honest. phili, you can have him.
Don't forget another reason why the Sox let Manny go was the same reason the Eagles let TO go. He (Manny Remeriez) is the Dennis Rodman of the MLB, just like TO is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL. And speaking of Dennis Rodman, didn't he leave the Bulls after they won their 6th NBA title.
PS.
Dennis Rodman rules, TO sucks.

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#5 Aug 21, 2008
18andDONEwihtoutCHEATING wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget another reason why the Sox let Manny go was the same reason the Eagles let TO go. He (Manny Remeriez) is the Dennis Rodman of the MLB, just like TO is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL. And speaking of Dennis Rodman, didn't he leave the Bulls after they won their 6th NBA title.
PS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0bYofavviRgXX
...PS, you are a moron...
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#6 Aug 21, 2008
brady loss-t 2 is a moron!

Utica, KY

#7 Aug 21, 2008
Brady 2 Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
...PS, you are a moron...
At leas I'm not some wanna be die hard fan whit DOD like you!!!!!!!!!!
patsfan111111

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2008
18andDONEwihtoutCHEATING wrote:
<quoted text>
PS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0bYofavviRgXX
t.o. didnt get released until after the eagles season was ruined. also my point is that guys that are out there screaming MEMEME are a cancer to a team. samuel wanted to get paid and now lets see if he can live up to the paycheck. how many pros get their money and then flop? lets see a-rod-since he does what peyton manning does every post season...FLOP. i can name guys all day but the point is these guys hold out for themselves to get paid and then they dont produce the majority of the time.

you can have samuel because he cares more about the tattoo he has that says get paid, then he does about helping the eagles win.

as for manny, well you are a little off on comparing him to dennis rodman but he turned out to be a cancer to the sox. funny how the sox voted 23-1 to trade him and ever since they have been winning left and right. the best talent does not give you the best chance to win. look at the yankees. they have had an allstar team for 8 years and keep falling farther and farther back. look at the colts, they are stacked with pro bowlers and hall of famers yet manning still has a losing record in the playoffs.

i would rather have a team of nobodies like the pats did up until last year that had chemistry than have a bunch of allstars who cant play together.

Utica, KY

#9 Aug 22, 2008
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>t.o. didnt get released until after the eagles season was ruined. also my point is that guys that are out there screaming MEMEME are a cancer to a team. samuel wanted to get paid and now lets see if he can live up to the paycheck. how many pros get their money and then flop? lets see a-rod-since he does what peyton manning does every post season...FLOP. i can name guys all day but the point is these guys hold out for themselves to get paid and then they dont produce the majority of the time.
you can have samuel because he cares more about the tattoo he has that says get paid, then he does about helping the eagles win.
as for manny, well you are a little off on comparing him to dennis rodman but he turned out to be a cancer to the sox. funny how the sox voted 23-1 to trade him and ever since they have been winning left and right. the best talent does not give you the best chance to win. look at the yankees. they have had an allstar team for 8 years and keep falling farther and farther back. look at the colts, they are stacked with pro bowlers and hall of famers yet manning still has a losing record in the playoffs.
i would rather have a team of nobodies like the pats did up until last year that had chemistry than have a bunch of allstars who cant play together.
OK, your right about almost everything. Also keep in mind that last season that your team (the Patriots) had an all star team and quite possibly the best team even assembled in NFL history and choked the big game to a team that couldn't even win their div and became the first ever 10-6 team to win a super bowl. This choke could also be the first of many for Tom Brady since all of a sudden he is starting to choke in the clutch.

Secondly, you can say what you want about Peyton Manning. But as far as I'm concerned he will even in the playoffs win games against teams that play a 4-3 defense and he has only lost to the NFL teams who play a 3-4 defense when they have a decent QB. And he still owns New England since they lost way too much on defense this off season.

And finally, I will agree with you no one in the history of sports may even compare to how much of a head case Dennis Rodman was. But every single professional sports league will always have their Dennis Rodman and can you at least agree with me that in the MLB it's Manny and in the NFL it's TO as to who is closest to being like Dennis Rodman?
RAIDER MISTERIO

Houston, TX

#10 Aug 22, 2008
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
brady loss-t 2 is a moron!
I wish we kept Moss. Javon Walker is a bust.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rodney Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Versatility fuels Patriots 'D' (Jan '15) Jan '15 Brady Boner Bonanza 4
News Vince Wilfork's Request To Be Released An Unfor... (Mar '14) Mar '14 cooldude12 2
News Broncos defend Wes Welker hit on Aqib Talib (Jan '14) Jan '14 JanitorIII 3
News How the New England Patriots Became the NFL's B... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Patsfan4life 1
News Is the Championship Window Closed for Tom Brady... (Feb '13) Feb '13 pats til i die 1
News Patriots' win was so easy, it's scary (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bewitched 2
News Patriots embody American values (Feb '08) Dec '11 skidrow wilson 24
More from around the web