Tony Dungy questions Chicago Bears' acquisition of Jay Cutler

The giddy reaction in Chicago over the Bears ' acquisition of Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler is not shared by former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Jake

Chillicothe, IL

#1 Jun 3, 2009
I wonder how Lovie feels about these comments....
Fred Venturini

Mascoutah, IL

#3 Jun 3, 2009
Hmmm . . . despite what Tony Dungy says, I'm pretty sure that playing quarterback is about making throws. If there is an immature guy that no one likes but he hits the receivers in the numbers every throw, I think that would pretty much win the game.
Dungy

Lake Villa, IL

#4 Jun 3, 2009
this is the same guy who supports Mike Vick. I'm so sick of Dungy
shaun

Iron Mountain, MI

#5 Jun 3, 2009
And since when is getting an Probowl QB a risk???? lmao!!! He's not a whinner either! If he was he'd be crying about getting more money! All he wanted was to play for someone else because he hated Mc donalds!! Dungy is now the new Tony Kornhiser! Two fkg idiots!!!!!!!
MileHighSlade

Arvada, CO

#6 Jun 3, 2009
Bear Fans, Be careful what you wish for because you just may get it. Bring plenty of tissue to the games cause ole Jay gonna need it.

Ill be watching for him to start pouting and taking the organization hostage.

Since: Nov 08

God's Country

#7 Jun 3, 2009
MileHighSlade wrote:
Bear Fans, Be careful what you wish for because you just may get it. Bring plenty of tissue to the games cause ole Jay gonna need it.
Ill be watching for him to start pouting and taking the organization hostage.
I believe your new head coach did exactly what you accuse Cutler of. Lets see how "Skippy" handles his new toys in Denver.
Jake

Chillicothe, IL

#8 Jun 3, 2009
Jake wrote:
I wonder how Lovie feels about these comments....
I also just think it's his way to "drum up" some buzz for that Sunday night game.
Virgilstesticle

Leander, TX

#9 Jun 3, 2009
The only reason Dungy has a Superbowl is because the Bears never took a risk and pinned their hopes on Rex Grossman. It took Dungy leaving for Tampa to win a Superbowl. I never bought into this guy's act.
Jake

Chillicothe, IL

#10 Jun 3, 2009
MileHighSlade wrote:
Bear Fans, Be careful what you wish for because you just may get it. Bring plenty of tissue to the games cause ole Jay gonna need it.
Ill be watching for him to start pouting and taking the organization hostage.
How would you feel if you were considered ďthe futureĒ at your job. Then your employer brought in a new manager and the manager made it public that he wanted to replace you with one of his old buddies from his other job? When that didnít work, he tried to play it cool, and act like he didnít do that...

I would have done the same thing Jay did. Iím guessing you would do the same. Iím also guessing you are an old Broncos fan, still stuck in the Elway DaysÖ
normallylikeyell ow

Warren, PA

#11 Jun 3, 2009
Good analysis, Tony. Of course, GB switched defenses in the off season, in case you were living on Jupiter and missed the 3400 articles about it. Also, if you'd examine last year's stats, you'll see that the Bears barely passed for 3000 yds and only had 20 TD passes against 14 ints, between Kyle and Rex--and still won 9 games. They had 22 rushing TDs. I think they'd like a little more respect in the passing game, 'cause Forte is a stud. The perception that Cutler has to carry the team is greatly overstated. They're already good.
Mike

Bloomingdale, IL

#12 Jun 3, 2009
Does Cutler break down in the 4th quarter? No, his rating is actually better. Does he cry? No, he takes command in the huddle. I really don't know what's immature here. Did they ask Dungy what did he think about Manning criticizing management in Indy because all this coaching changes?
Tell the Truth

Harrisburg, PA

#13 Jun 3, 2009
Wow! None of these posts is even close to being right.

Dungy is an "idiot" because he only won 1 Super Bowl.

These are the same fans that claim Mike Ditka is a "GENIUS."

Dungy is just "drumming up buzz" for a Sunday night game.

Are you kidding? He could have been milk-toast and spoken in platitudes. He took a stand.

MAN UP, Bears fans, and live with it.

It's Dungy's opinion. He's thrown down the gauntlet. If he's wrong, Cutler and the Bears will prove him wrong. And then you can call out Dungy.

But what's the point of calling him an "idiot" before Cutler has even won a game for the Bears?

I'm glad he's taken a stand. Now our QB has to make him eat his words - or else all of you name-callers will look like, well, IDIOTS!
Mike Dickless

United States

#14 Jun 3, 2009
Mike wrote:
Does Cutler break down in the 4th quarter? No, his rating is actually better. Does he cry? No, he takes command in the huddle. I really don't know what's immature here. Did they ask Dungy what did he think about Manning criticizing management in Indy because all this coaching changes?
Jay certainly gets his panties in a bundle if he catches wind that the team he plays for may be bringing in someone to compete at his position.
Mike

Bloomingdale, IL

#15 Jun 3, 2009
And he was willing to visit Michael Vick in prison, support him and his return to NFL and "jury is still out" on Culter. Good one.
achilles

United States

#16 Jun 3, 2009
although i do appreciatge dungys experience i feel his answers lacked logic but i guess time will tell.. cant do any worse here in chicago with what weve had but it will be interesting to see how it all pans out
shaun

Iron Mountain, MI

#17 Jun 3, 2009
Dungy is an IDIOT!! He thinks Mike Vick is a cool guy and should get another chance in the NFL? Just what my kid needs a hero to look up to that sanctions dog fights. Only a idiot like Dungy would call signing Cutler a risk and bringing Mike Vick isn't. Maybe he fell and hit his head?? Hey Tony, go get your head checked!!!!!
shaun

Iron Mountain, MI

#19 Jun 3, 2009
Dude its just plain and simple, he supports Vick and calls a probowl QB a risk. Idiot!!
Just an American

United States

#20 Jun 3, 2009
Who cares what Dungy has to say. If the Bears had Cutler in the Superbowl who knows what the outcome would have been... With that said bring on the season!
Smotpoker

United States

#21 Jun 3, 2009
Tony Dungy! That guys a d#ck anyway. I love Bronco fans tellings us to be careful what we wish for. You have 2 backup QB's battling out for the starting job, no defense and a head coach who thinks Matt Cassel is better than Cutler. But Bronco fans know that already thats why there're on here crying! Wah Wah Wah Wah!!!
normallylikeyell ow

Warren, PA

#22 Jun 3, 2009
Tell the Truth wrote:
Wow! None of these posts is even close to being right.
Dungy is an "idiot" because he only won 1 Super Bowl.
These are the same fans that claim Mike Ditka is a "GENIUS."
Dungy is just "drumming up buzz" for a Sunday night game.
Are you kidding? He could have been milk-toast and spoken in platitudes. He took a stand.
MAN UP, Bears fans, and live with it.
It's Dungy's opinion. He's thrown down the gauntlet. If he's wrong, Cutler and the Bears will prove him wrong. And then you can call out Dungy.
But what's the point of calling him an "idiot" before Cutler has even won a game for the Bears?
I'm glad he's taken a stand. Now our QB has to make him eat his words - or else all of you name-callers will look like, well, IDIOTS!
Of course, nothing you say contradicts anything I said or the people above me, but... I'm sure Cutler will work out for you guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rodney Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vince Wilfork's Request To Be Released An Unfor... (Mar '14) Mar '14 cooldude12 2
Broncos defend Wes Welker hit on Aqib Talib (Jan '14) Jan '14 JanitorIII 3
How the New England Patriots Became the NFL's B... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Patsfan4life 1
Is the Championship Window Closed for Tom Brady... (Feb '13) Feb '13 pats til i die 1
Patriots' win was so easy, it's scary (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bewitched 2
Patriots embody American values (Feb '08) Dec '11 skidrow wilson 24
New England Patriots: Time for Bill Belichick t... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Teddy Brewski 4
•••
•••

Rodney Harrison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••