Faneca likely not in Bears' budget

There are 8 comments on the Feb 28, 2008, Chicago Tribune story titled Faneca likely not in Bears' budget. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bears are in the market for a left guard, but don't expect Alan Faneca to be on their shopping list when the free-agent signing period begins at 11 p.m. Thursday, An NFL source said Wednesday the Bears ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: Oct 07

Oak Park, IL

#1 Feb 28, 2008
how can a team that's freeing up as much salary room as the Bears not make a push for the best offensive lineman on the market, when in fact, it is the position they need to target the most? un-f'n-believable.
JAFO

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 28, 2008
Please not Brandon Lloyd!!! He has no guts and his work ethic and attitude once he got the big $s reflect his poor seasons the last 2 years.
He was overrated coming to the Redskins and proved he is useless.
in tx

Lockhart, TX

#3 Feb 28, 2008
boonasty51 wrote:
how can a team that's freeing up as much salary room as the Bears not make a push for the best offensive lineman on the market, when in fact, it is the position they need to target the most? un-f'n-believable.
well said, if the patriots were like the bears they would have never made it to the superbowl last year and set all those offensive records. they had a need and obtained 3 free agents to fill it. the bears pass on the free agents and re-sign their mediocre player instead. it was a real fluke when they made it to the superbowl in 2007. they are too cheap to compete at the highest level in the nfl.

Since: Oct 07

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 28, 2008
Basically what I am reading is the Bears have identified that they have some huge holes, have cut players in order to free up money to fill those holes, and have no plans to actually spend any of that money on anyone that will help the team and fill those holes. What an f'ing joke this franchise is. Get a big time guard in free agency NOW! Draft a LT in the first round and Flacco in the second. Either sign Berrian or find a capable replacement through a trade like Chad Johnson. Stop being MORONS and fix this team. Fire Lovie while you're at it.
Arnie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6 Feb 28, 2008
First let me state that Briggs is and has been a great player for the Bears but I think the O-line need's are greater than the Line Backing needs of the Bears.
The Bears can afford to loose Briggs as long as we sign Feneca. I think we need a pro-bowled on the O-Line more than we need Briggs. But to loose a pro bowler and not get one in return is ridculous. We cut Drive Killer Miller and we don't even make a half hearted attempt to sign Fenca is a F_R-i_ckin joke. Angelo you are a joke
David

College Park, MD

#7 Feb 28, 2008
Forget trying to sign Briggs, he doesn't want to come back.

As much as I like Berrian, I think the same goes for him.

Please sign some O lineman so we can draft for talent in the first round. Like Mendenhall maybe?
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Feb 28, 2008
The Bears won't be major players for the top free agents? They want to resign there own FA's? Sounds like they've low balled there own FA's..Wow it is going to be a long off season and regular season for the Bears...If Angelo has a plan i'd like to know what heck it is..
Steve

Kankakee, IL

#9 Feb 29, 2008
Why would we want to keep Berrian when all I heard from the "experts" this pass season was how bad the Bears receiving core was. I remeber Hub saying Rex was not the problem, it's the wideouts. I love hearing all the sports writers and radio guys act now like Berrian is Jerry Rice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A conversation with Bucs linebackers coach Joe ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Barton Barrack 1
News Wolfe on special teams (Oct '08) Oct '08 K20A2_S 1
News Daughter's illness weighs on Tillman (Aug '08) Sep '08 RamRod 30
News Daughter's illness weighs on Tillman (Aug '08) Aug '08 Mike 2
News Smith to toughen Bears' practices (Aug '08) Aug '08 George 17
News Smith to toughen Bears' practices (Aug '08) Aug '08 Jeff Adams 4
News Smith to toughen Bears' practices (Aug '08) Aug '08 slimBodidicus 20
More from around the web