Wrong No. 7 Stars at New Mile High

There are 11 comments on the Yahoo story from Jan 22, 2006, titled Wrong No. 7 Stars at New Mile High. In it, Yahoo reports that:

It was like old times at Mile High: No. 7 making all the big plays, a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo.

Clara Hess

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 23, 2006
I have never been a Jack Plummer fan; however in all due respects to him on the Steeler game, he looked lathargic which was probably due to his cold/flu during the week. I personally feel with the turnovers that had been made in the 1st half maybe they should have put Bradley Van Pelt in the game, I don't believe he could have done any worse. I am not blaming Jake for the loss as we win as a team and lose as a team.
B Dennis

Loveland, CO

#2 Jan 23, 2006
I disagree and believe Jake was at fault for the loss. His big head got in the way of his playing as it did in the first game of the season. If he did have a Cold/Flu, he should have taken himself out for the Team. Denver will never make it to the super bowl with Jake as the QB.
Clara Hess wrote:
I have never been a Jack Plummer fan; however in all due respects to him on the Steeler game, he looked lathargic which was probably due to his cold/flu during the week. I personally feel with the turnovers that had been made in the 1st half maybe they should have put Bradley Van Pelt in the game, I don't believe he could have done any worse. I am not blaming Jake for the loss as we win as a team and lose as a team.
Justin Heilman

Flowery Branch, GA

#3 Jan 31, 2006
Jake will make to the superbowle! and it may be next year! i believe the aquisition of terrell owens can get jake right and i believe denver makes alot of noise this offseason in the running back situation? i think mike anderson will be moved back to full back and tatum will spare ricky williams. It sounds crazy but think about it? shanahan doesnt believe in the 2 back set and to keep jake from trouble, he knows he can trust ricky 30-35 touches if he needs to. And if jake does go to the air, you will have three excellent recievers running around causing mismatches and i like the way jake throws in one on one situations. Denver will be the best team next year....... with plummer running the show
Broncoboy

San Diego, CA

#4 Feb 8, 2006
I THINK THAT JAKE PLUMMER SHOULD HAVE SAT OUT OR HAD PLAYED FIRST QUARTER. HE KEPT ON THROWING SORRY PASSES BRADLEY VAN PELT COULD HAVE DONE MARE BETTER THAN HIM. HE WAS SICK.
Nitun

Lodz, Poland

#5 Feb 26, 2006
You all have to keep in mind what Jake Plummer has done in the past 3 seasons with Denver. Denver has not been able to attract a QB to replace Elway and they will never beause Elway is unique. The closest they have came is with Jake. Also Jake is one of the best QB's in the league and the history of the league when it comes to leading a team from a comback. He has had a phenominal season and yes it was unfortunate to have Denver lose the way that they did. Also you have to remember when a QB makes mistakes you must look at the offensive line. The whole line was unable to stop the Steelers and their blitz scheme. Please you cannot think the game was lost due to Jake people. I think he did a good enough job even with the turnovers. As a recent post suggested that this is a team game and the whole team did have a bad game. Turnovers that should of been made (dropped INT's for example) along with protecting their QB is a reciepe for disaster for ANY team. I think Jake will have a better year this year and I cannot wait for the Fall to start.
denver_fan

North Newton, KS

#6 Mar 8, 2006
it is not plummers fault for all the fumbles during the afc champ game. no QB could have stopped them. He had a good game.
I think he could have seen better though if he cut that huge rat off his face. he looks like he'd been cast-off of an island for a year.
Kmonty27

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Mar 13, 2006
There were 3 INTs missed by Lynch, Foxworth and Bailey (1 each) that game. Two of them were in the second half, and one was in the ENDZONE. These were easy INT's, Foxworth's went through his hands, and Pittsburgh scored a TD, and Lynch let it basically bounce out of his arms off his chest when Pittsburgh was at their own 30-yard line.

If Foxworth would have caught his late in the first half, and Denver had gone to score like they did, then Denver would have been leading at the half. Had Lynch caught his in Denver territory, then Denver would have been 25 yards from a TD instead of Pittsburgh's long, slow drive for a TD of their own.

We could have won that game, and it sure as hell wasn't Plummer's fault. He threw one bad pass IMO, and the other pick was insanely lucky by a LB. And whenever the QB fumbles, I put more blame on the protection than the QB. Plummer was scrambling the entire second half!

I still have faith, Jake.
Kaze

United States

#8 Mar 13, 2006
Coulda, woulda, shoulda......didn't and that's history...in the books!!!!!
Stravier

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Apr 11, 2006
Clara Hess wrote:
So you're saying that with the 5 turnovers by the Patriots when they lost to the Broncos, Tom Brady should have taken himself out of the game?
What people don't realize is that Jake spent the better part of his career with Arizona. Arizona was always a comeback team because every time they got a good player, they traded him away because they couldn't afford him. In Arizona Jake did all the work, it's harder for him to come to a team where he doesn't need to anymore.

In 3 seasons Jake has accomplished so much with Denver that they havn't been able to do since Elway left. I think it'd be nice if you assholes were considerate enough to pay him gratification for helping the team get as far as they did this season.
All we can do is hope for the best next season.

Despite all your crap spewing from your mouth, I'll be the one sitting on my couch with NFL Sunday Ticket on, the Number 16 on my jersey and Plummer on my back, cheering our boys on.

GO BRONCOS.
Marvin

United States

#10 Nov 24, 2006
Where is Bradley now. Detroit and Seattle sure need someone like him. We will wait and see after Sunday next if Denver needs him back.
blah blah blah

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jan 18, 2007
Heh Ravens! We really tore up this Steelers site didn't we! Nice Work!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Shanahan deserves standing ovation from Br... (Oct '13) Oct '13 broncobrian 1
News Sugar Bowl: Talent pool runs deep at tailback |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 casey d jax fl 20
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Sugar Bowl Comments |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 alan 5
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Eastern Michigan Comm... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Kelli 4
News Tressel commends playersa focus | The Columbus ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 FLABUCK 1
News Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wild West 1
News Klis: Broncos get another idea on what to do wi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake 1
More from around the web