As camp begins still no Lelie

As camp begins still no Lelie

There are 2 comments on the Rocky Mountain News story from Jul 27, 2006, titled As camp begins still no Lelie. In it, Rocky Mountain News reports that:

The Broncos are officially in. Ashley Lelie is still out. And coach Mike Shanahan formally laid out the ground rules Thursday for a resolution of a dispute between the veteran wide receiver and the team that ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mountain News.

eagles fan

Panama City, FL

#1 Jul 28, 2006
if all they are wanting is a 2nd round pick for this guy, i don't see why the eagles aren't jumping on this. i mean with jabar, reggie, and ashley that would be a nice 3 WR set. it just doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. we certainly have the cap room to give him top dollar as well. reggie brown doesn't seem like the type of guy to be power hungry either.
AFCWestChamps

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 1, 2006
eagles fan wrote:
if all they are wanting is a 2nd round pick for this guy, i don't see why the eagles aren't jumping on this. i mean with jabar, reggie, and ashley that would be a nice 3 WR set. it just doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. we certainly have the cap room to give him top dollar as well. reggie brown doesn't seem like the type of guy to be power hungry either.
I definitely agree. I think giving up a 2nd round pick for an originally 1st round pick is a great deal. I rather get a 1st rounder or a potential starter for Lelie. Lelie is a good receiver, he just hasn't found the mentality to ge a great receiver. To do that you must compete, and in Philly, he would have that chance to be the No. 1. Hopefully, according to NFL Network, a deal will arise in the next few days, either with Philly, or any other team with good compensation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Shanahan deserves standing ovation from Br... (Oct '13) Oct '13 broncobrian 1
News Sugar Bowl: Talent pool runs deep at tailback |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 casey d jax fl 20
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Sugar Bowl Comments |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 alan 5
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Eastern Michigan Comm... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Kelli 4
News Tressel commends playersa focus | The Columbus ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 FLABUCK 1
News Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wild West 1
News Klis: Broncos get another idea on what to do wi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake 1
More from around the web