Dolphins name Karl Dorrell wide recei...

Dolphins name Karl Dorrell wide receivers coach

There are 29 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Dolphins name Karl Dorrell wide receivers coach. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Miami Dolphins continued their coaching overhaul, naming former UCLA coach Karl Dorrell as their wide receivers coach Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RTJustice

Santa Ana, CA

#21 Jan 25, 2008
Scott Hall wrote:
I think maybe, next we should go for Romo.. I mean damn!! Maybe we should just make it official and be rerouted to Dallas. How bout dem Dallas Dolphins, or perhaps, How bout dem Miami Cowboys!!
Romo is a no, even though I like him. We need a fresh face, not sure Beck is it. They will probably grab a vet for a year or 2 to groom the rookie. BP never throws a rookie into the starting position. The reason Dallas is moving to Miami is they don't like the owner and want to play for a real football guy incharge. WH made a great move and now we need to sit back and watch it happen. Playoffs in 2 years buddy!!
Phil

United States

#22 Jan 25, 2008
Hello-Hello -You guys are out of your minds -Patience-The staff will be great ,We saw the big fish do it here-Last thing we need is you guys good,but I believe you or on the right track !!
24 gordon fan

Newark, OH

#23 Jan 25, 2008
i like this, at least parcells is making moves and being a boss, we haven't seen THAT since coach shula. go fins !!!!!
pope137

Cleveland, TN

#24 Jan 25, 2008
yea maybe they should go after shaun rodgers dt detroit he on market great fit for 34 scheme then we wont need dorsey then we can maybe trade down get matt ryan!please god i hope so! then maybe just maybe we will draft a few o and d lineman maybe a corner and o yea a linebacker.

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#25 Jan 25, 2008
Gator wrote:
How many coaches DO we have now? Are they going to play against the team in practice with a full 11-man offense and defense roster?
you really don't follow football, do you?

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#26 Jan 25, 2008
second thought wrote:
I'm a football fan. For the last
35 a Dolphins fan. I went to
my first game in dec. 73, the crowd was wild, everyone had a towel, and
everyone sang "we are the dolphins"
.It was great fun. At the time it
really made miami a football town.
We had a great run! Well now we are
starting over. It is up to us as fans to have a positive attitude to
success. It will be a long and bumpy ride, but those who hang on will once again wave the towel and sing
we are the Dolphins.
LOVE THE FISH!
Nice post!
Delphinus 13

United States

#27 Jan 25, 2008
GBR wrote:
Dream on Dolphins...It will take at least 4-5 years to make a wild card birth..Please, You can get all the coaches...GET THE GOOD PLAYERS ALREADY!
Jimmy Johnson once said it's easier to go from bad to great in this league than it is from good to great. His Dallas Cowboys rebounded from a 1-15 record his first season, to 7-9 the following year, and 11-5 with a Wild Card berth his third.

Parcells took over an atrocious 1-15 Jets team and led them to a 9-7 record his first season and 12-4 the second year.

There are a few good veterans on this team. There are also some rookie players who will play a role in returning this franchise to the playoffs. With $36M in cap space and a lot of good draft picks, there're a lot of reasons to think this team can improve significantly within 2-3 years, and a wild card berth in that window is certainly attainable. It's been done before..
Delphinus 13

United States

#28 Jan 25, 2008
RTJustice wrote:
The funny thing is so many additions to the coaching staff have turned down other teams to come to Miami. With out the Tuna, don't think this would be happening. Soon some nice free agents should be coming our way to!
I'm surprised more free agents don't come to play for Miami. There's no state income tax in Florida, and with a $4M-$8M salary, that's a significant chunk of change. That's what almost lured Olin Kreutz down here a few years ago, but he kept his loyalty to the Bears.
Real Dol-Fans

Boca Raton, FL

#29 Jan 28, 2008
Scott Hall wrote:
As a matter of fact, I think we should hire everyone from Dallas except that owner they have over there..... What's his name? Oh, yes, of course, Jerry Jones. I don't want him, nope.
Jerry Jones respects his season ticket holders. Says he will not give up a home game to play in a foreign country like Wayne did.
www.MyMiamiDolphins.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Shanahan deserves standing ovation from Br... (Oct '13) Oct '13 broncobrian 1
News Sugar Bowl: Talent pool runs deep at tailback |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 casey d jax fl 20
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Sugar Bowl Comments |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 alan 5
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Eastern Michigan Comm... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Kelli 4
News Tressel commends playersa focus | The Columbus ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 FLABUCK 1
News Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wild West 1
News Klis: Broncos get another idea on what to do wi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake 1
More from around the web