Dolphins name Karl Dorrell wide recei...

Dolphins name Karl Dorrell wide receivers coach

There are 29 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Dolphins name Karl Dorrell wide receivers coach. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Miami Dolphins continued their coaching overhaul, naming former UCLA coach Karl Dorrell as their wide receivers coach Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Allan B

AOL

#1 Jan 24, 2008
Well, heck.... he couldnt get the Duke job... haha
Aussie Ken

Victorville, CA

#2 Jan 24, 2008
Dorrell is not very good, guys. I'm a UCLA fan. :(
Gator

Gainesville, FL

#3 Jan 24, 2008
How many coaches DO we have now? Are they going to play against the team in practice with a full 11-man offense and defense roster?
realCollegefan

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jan 24, 2008
im not worried, Dorrell is not the one out there playing. im sure he will do fine in a specialized coaching role. Its a hell of a lot easier to coach a position than a whole college team.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Bell, CA

#5 Jan 24, 2008
Lots of ex-head coaches among the rank & file now. Interesting.
Chuck

Cumming, GA

#6 Jan 24, 2008
Good Luck! Job will be a challenge
PERSPECTIVE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jan 24, 2008
Gator wrote:
How many coaches DO we have now? Are they going to play against the team in practice with a full 11-man offense and defense roster?
I hope they don't have kick off or punt returns ........that coach has yet to be hired . I know, they're waiting because that position coach will be a special project . Special teams was terrible this past year . No players or coaching .
GBR

Fort Pierce, FL

#8 Jan 24, 2008
Dream on Dolphins...It will take at least 4-5 years to make a wild card birth..Please, You can get all the coaches...GET THE GOOD PLAYERS ALREADY!
Lovin Your Post

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jan 24, 2008
Thanks baby
Dolphin

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jan 24, 2008
Dorrell is a great pick up. five seasons as ucla coach and five bowl apperances!!! YEAH!!!! and realCollegefan 100% agree that it's easiear to coach 6 or 7 guys that are in the pros than 45 plus guys who are in college!
Dolphin

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Jan 24, 2008
GBR wrote:
Dream on Dolphins...It will take at least 4-5 years to make a wild card birth..Please, You can get all the coaches...GET THE GOOD PLAYERS ALREADY!
TRY ONE TO TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!
Dolphin

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jan 24, 2008
PERSPECTIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they don't have kick off or punt returns ........that coach has yet to be hired . I know, they're waiting because that position coach will be a special project . Special teams was terrible this past year . No players or coaching .
Last years specail teams could be replaced by our new coaches and there'd be an improvment!!!

(Except for: Ginn, Feely, and John Denny the long snapper. Never heard of denny? that's a good thing. that means he didn't make any mistakes and that's all he needs to do.)
second thought

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jan 24, 2008
I'm a football fan. For the last
35 a Dolphins fan. I went to
my first game in dec. 73, the crowd was wild, everyone had a towel, and
everyone sang "we are the dolphins"
.It was great fun. At the time it
really made miami a football town.
We had a great run! Well now we are
starting over. It is up to us as fans to have a positive attitude to
success. It will be a long and bumpy ride, but those who hang on will once again wave the towel and sing
we are the Dolphins.
LOVE THE FISH!

Since: Oct 07

Boynton Beach

#14 Jan 24, 2008
mabey he can teach hagan how to catch
ocala howie

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Jan 24, 2008
all of a sudden I feel like Im in another world here... where are all our regs? wheres J(ack)A(ss) I mean JettAttack? are we still the Miami Dolphins? Is pops still going to be sitting infront of me next season? who are these people on here? I am going to hide till camp begins...GO PHINS!!!
jesse

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Jan 25, 2008
the dolphins sucked and now we are hiring collage coached-WTF-we need hardcore expirence
RTJustice

Santa Ana, CA

#17 Jan 25, 2008
His overall record was not that impressive even with the bowls. They must know something we don't.
RTJustice

Santa Ana, CA

#18 Jan 25, 2008
The funny thing is so many additions to the coaching staff have turned down other teams to come to Miami. With out the Tuna, don't think this would be happening. Soon some nice free agents should be coming our way to!
Scott Hall

Apo, AP

#19 Jan 25, 2008
I think maybe, next we should go for Romo.. I mean damn!! Maybe we should just make it official and be rerouted to Dallas. How bout dem Dallas Dolphins, or perhaps, How bout dem Miami Cowboys!!
Scott Hall

Apo, AP

#20 Jan 25, 2008
As a matter of fact, I think we should hire everyone from Dallas except that owner they have over there..... What's his name? Oh, yes, of course, Jerry Jones. I don't want him, nope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Shanahan deserves standing ovation from Br... (Oct '13) Oct '13 broncobrian 1
News Sugar Bowl: Talent pool runs deep at tailback |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 casey d jax fl 20
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Sugar Bowl Comments |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 alan 5
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Eastern Michigan Comm... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Kelli 4
News Tressel commends playersa focus | The Columbus ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 FLABUCK 1
News Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wild West 1
News Klis: Broncos get another idea on what to do wi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake 1
More from around the web