Broncos owner glad to have Cutler feu...

Broncos owner glad to have Cutler feud behind him, thinks both ...

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Broncos owner glad to have Cutler feud behind him, thinks both .... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen says he's pleased with the trade that sent Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears and that both sides got what they wanted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

DrZ Sucks

Verona, VA

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Yet another article on the Bears used by ESPN that's not written by David Haugh. Haha.
cgs

Tokyo, Japan

#2 Apr 15, 2009
Well, the Broncos got duped. Bowlen's ego (and fondness for mink pelts around his neck) got in the way of doing what was best for the team. All he had to do was hire a defensive minded coach like ex-Bear Leslie Frazier, keep Cutler's Offensive Coordinator, and upgraded the front office to draft guys that can actually play on defense. As a native Chicagoan but living in Denver, it's great for the Bears but will be painful to watch in Denver. But with Direct TV problem solved! The Bears are going to tear up the NFC this year. I have never felt so confident since watching my first Bears game in 1970. Aaron Rodgers, get ready to start playing from behind!
Bill

La Grange, IL

#3 Apr 15, 2009
The Broncos better get ready for a average to below average qb play because Orton is no Jay Cutler.
Greg C

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Apr 15, 2009
As a Chicago Bears fan all you can say to Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels is "THANK YOU". Your incompetence has landed (what very likely could be) a future Champion, MVP, and HOF QB in Chicago.
SaveJC

Ardmore, OK

#5 Apr 15, 2009
Once again, Cutler and the Broncos both got what they wanted. I think the same can be said of the Bears and their fans. The parties that got totally screwed in this deal are the Bronco fans like me. In the span of a few short months, the team went from one on the upswing with a promising young offense led by Cutler and coached by one of the most successful coaches in league history to a team in total disarray quarterbacked by a career journeyman (or two) coached by a total unknown. I've never seen a team implode so fast. Nice work, Bowlen.

I've been a fan of the Broncos for 25 years, since I was 8 years old, and I'm seriously making an effort to become a Bears fan, but old allegiances die hard. Cutler is the real deal, and will have a bust in the Hall of Fame someday. I don't think any quarterback in the league currently can match his skill set: big arm, scrambling ability, football IQ. He's got it all.
Tom

Germantown, WI

#6 Apr 15, 2009
The Bears are the huge winners. We have our best QB since Sid Luckman. Bronco fans can reminisce about the John Elway era.
Zane

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 15, 2009
What the Broncos now have, Simms and Orton, could have been us....remember the rumors of the Bears going after "second tier" QBs like Simms? Man, I'm ecstatic over this deal - it still amazes me when I think about it.
tim hyde

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2009
Pat Bowlen has to put down that bottle of scotch.He and his new coach have destroyed a franchise in less than 8 weeks.I'm anxious to see how happy he will be after they lose 8 in a row.He is right about one thing though,he did send Jay to a great organization.When the Bears are in the playoffs and Denver is vying for the #1 draft pick he and Josh can finish the bottle!

Since: Oct 08

Dane, WI

#9 Apr 16, 2009
Lets all just sit back and watch, You remember Kyle won 10 games as a rookie? And now he has some coaches that call real plays not College Offensive plays like he had in Chicago! I greatful we got Jay to but the coaches still Suk! Well were all in this together GO BEARS GO ! 13-3 AND A SUPER BOWL RING

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Shanahan deserves standing ovation from Br... (Oct '13) Oct '13 broncobrian 1
News Sugar Bowl: Talent pool runs deep at tailback |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 casey d jax fl 20
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Sugar Bowl Comments |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 alan 5
News Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Eastern Michigan Comm... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Kelli 4
News Tressel commends playersa focus | The Columbus ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 FLABUCK 1
News Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wild West 1
News Klis: Broncos get another idea on what to do wi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake 1
More from around the web