Broncos announce cuts; Smith won't be in uniform for opener

Full story: KUSA Denver 15
The Denver Broncos formally cut ties Tuesday with two of their starters from last year: defensive end Kenard Lang and punter Paul Ernster. Full Story
GSXR Chick

Arvada, CO

#2 Aug 28, 2007
Oh no, whatever will they do???????
JOSE GONZALEZ

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Aug 28, 2007
Marge wrote:
I don't care much for the Broncos.
Thank you anyway.
Why even comment then? I don't understand people like you. Go away!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Marge

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 28, 2007
Marge wrote:
Thank you anyway.
For your input. NOW GET ON THE TREADMILL
GSXR Chick

Arvada, CO

#5 Aug 28, 2007
JOSE GONZALEZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why even comment then? I don't understand people like you. Go away!!!!!!!!!!
She wanted to be the first???
Thanks Marge

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 28, 2007
My words exactly.:-)
Dear Marge

Aurora, CO

#7 Aug 28, 2007
Thanks for reading and commenting on an article you dont care about. I think its fair to say get a life
Some tough cuts here. Lang being the toughest. Little surprised that Ernster got cut, but I guess they are putting money on sauerbraun. One was bound to go, thought the race was a little tighter then that.
I also give respect to Tanahan for cutting Lang early to give him a chance. I usually take whatever a coach says as PR moves, but I think this was genuine. Give the guy a shot, he stepped up as a Bronco and there should not be hard feelings.
Round 2 will only be rougher
Oh and Marge get a life.
(Marge is a washed out Raiders fan, looking for something bad to say about the Broncos, from the bottom of the division, just a guess)
A teacher

Littleton, CO

#9 Aug 29, 2007
Marge wrote:
Thank you anyway.
Ahhh, some peoples kids....
dett

Denver, CO

#10 Aug 29, 2007
Does Drew sit on a phone book when he does his segment? He could be a jockey if he lost a few pounds
K DOGG

Littleton, CO

#11 Aug 29, 2007
LOL
Chain Hang Low

Englewood, CO

#12 Aug 29, 2007
The Broncos also placed wide receiver Rod Smith, their career receptions and touchdowns leader, on the reserve/physically unable to perform list. Smith is recovering from offseason hip surgery.

The way he's moving, don't expect him back for the season. Good career Rod, but it's time to call it quits man!!!

And.....Kirkus finally got his just due! Sure him getting cut didn't have anything to do with his legal issues.

“Please save us not the whales”

Since: May 07

Denver

#14 Aug 29, 2007
Marge wrote:
Thank you anyway.
thats funny, I dont care much for you either, shocking!
JEFF

Denver, CO

#17 Aug 29, 2007
John wrote:
So they cut Demetrin Veal because he did'nt fit into the new defensive scheme. Maybe they should have cut coach jim bates, because what we have seen so far regarding the NEW DEFENSIVE SCHEME it's turning out to be Sh..!
Yup, it scares me so far.
Hopefully it is not an indication of things to come.
With the pass rush I have not seen yet Peyton Manning might throw for 600 yds and 9 TD'S
I hope not.
Homie

United States

#18 Aug 29, 2007
Funny, Shanny states Kircus' legal problems didn't have an effect on his being cut- Holy BS Batman thats a good one.... He barely played any in preseason games, his skills diminshed that badly in the last 9 months??? Shanny needs to get into comedy as that is a good one.
GSXR Chick

Denver, CO

#20 Aug 29, 2007
Marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that nobody likes me here. And I'm probably the nicest person you could ever meet.
You're okay Marge.....I don't like the Donkeys either :)
IZA

United States

#21 Aug 14, 2008
Is Rod Smith Coaching now for Denver?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Shanahan deserves standing ovation from Br... (Oct '13) Oct '13 broncobrian 1
Sugar Bowl: Talent pool runs deep at tailback |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 casey d jax fl 20
Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Sugar Bowl Comments |... (Dec '10) Dec '10 alan 5
Watch, Read Tressel's Pre-Eastern Michigan Comm... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Kelli 4
Tressel commends playersa focus | The Columbus ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 FLABUCK 1
Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins (Aug '10) Aug '10 Wild West 1
Klis: Broncos get another idea on what to do wi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake 1

Rod Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE