Whom should the Colts keep?

Whom should the Colts keep?

There are 55 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 15, 2008, titled Whom should the Colts keep?. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Here are the players whose contracts expire at the end of the season, along with a comment from beat reporter Mike Chappell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

ColtsFanMaxx

United States

#22 Jan 16, 2008
IRSAY HATER wrote:
You should get rid of
1.Jim irsay his whole life he been a loser like his dead dad!!!
2.Choker Manning
3.Harrison is done and old
4.Keep Dingy he usually chokes in the playoffs!!!!
5.Freeney deserves better
6.Bob Sanders is trailor trash
7.Loser Pollian
8.The dumpy RCA dome and even the new dump because the Irsay family will have many bad memories there because he is a screw up!!!!
How did your team the Baltimore Browns, oh I meant Ravens, do this season?
Oh, I forget they didn't even make it to the playoffs. It must hard for them having fans who can't support them because they won't get over the past.
Yeah Right

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jan 16, 2008
chris s wrote:
keep sanders and marlin there beasts. And gonzalez. You can get rid of manning. You can get an average quarterback anywhere. Get rid of done again early dungy. You have your super bowl now retire. Harrison damn that one year to many bug got you finally.Clark wow fat red neck find one of those in any bar. Joseph addai. Yeah cause we cant find another guy who runs fast those are hard to find ditch him. Or are grand line backer core who couldnt stop a draw play if you told them where it was going. Wheeler mission has men that can play that good for you. So pretty much just keep sorgi hes never dropped the clipboard. And Sanders and jackson cause they can at least hit someone after the rest of the defense misses them.
Did you even read the article? Besides not reading the article, your comments are absurd and not well constructed. Your best bet is stop sharing your thoughts with the public - that should save you the embarrasment of letting people know how dumb you are.

“USA”

Since: Jan 07

USA

#24 Jan 16, 2008
Tim wrote:
Dallas Clark and Ed Johnson are no-brainers to keep.
Beyond that, look at what the interest from other teams might be:
- The o-lineman will get offers. They might be overpaid to go elsewhere.
- Darrell Reid is a hitter and teams like that on their special teams. But, unless they see an opportunity for him in their d-line rotation, he should be affordable to bring back.
- Either Utecht or Fletcher will be back. I suspect Fletcher, just because he might be a little cheaper. Then again, Utecht has a big body for run blocking and enough finesse to be servicable catching the ball.
- Boiman could go either way. He provides some depth to the linebacking corps and was a valuable component this past season. But, he's expendable.
- I'd be surprised if either of the listed WRs is back. In fact, I suspect the Colts will take another receiver in the first couple rounds of the draft. Also, Devin Aromashodu was a pleasant surprise and could be a solid 3rd or 4th WR (depending on Harrison's return). Roy Hall could develop into something too.
- Giordano is a solid backup and a good special teams player. He's all heart. I'd like to see him come back.
- Josh Thomas is solid and underrated.
Agree, Dallas and Ed Johnson are the obvious keepers.
The rest should be kept only at the right price.
The COLTS get extra draft picks (at least 3) from last years free agency losses and Wild Bill is great at picking up
great talent in the draft. He'll draft 3-4 starters / 1st backups in the draft.

On another note, Tony Dungy is catching a lot of heat in St. Pete Times (liberal rag) for pulling strings to get his kid into the top school in Tampa area. That being said, the Times would also criticize
Jesus for using too much water for baptisms during a drought!!!

GO COLTS, get Marvin healthy....
Billy Griffin

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Jan 16, 2008
Keep:
Matt Giordano, Ed Johnson & Darrell Reid.
Colts should draft "GIANT" offensive lineman and "GIANT" defensive interior lineman in the first three rounds this spring.
I think the Colts could very well draft a tight end in the lower rounds of the second day draft.....
who would be more contributory than Utecht and Fletcher.
Pick up a free agent running back to spell Adai when he needs a breather. There will be many....
I mean "many" available who will be "light years" more effective than Keith.
better D

Tempe, AZ

#26 Jan 16, 2008
Interesting read. How I see it is:
D Clark - had to many drops this year but, still very productive and a match up nightmare for most teams - Keep him

G Ryan Lilja - G Jake Scott - keep one whoever has the most flexibility.

DE Josh Thomas - He had a lot of chances only had one sack for the year. He is a decent tackler, keep him for the minimum and put him on special teams.

LB Rocky Boiman - no production from the SAM - had 50 tackles and two picks but, no forced fumbles and gets blocked out of the play way to much. He may be better at WIL, but he is never going to replace Freddy so drop him.

WR Aaron Moorehead - I agree with the star on this one - a fresh start might be what he needs.

DT Dan Klecko - drop him to much young talent that is bigger and faster then he is.

TE Mike Seidman - who - he is big at 261 lbs, but don’t know enough about him to from an opinion.

Restricted FA's
Keep: S Matt Giordano, DT Darrell Reid, and one of the Tight Ends.

Exclusive FA:
DT Ed Johnson keep him for sure.

Booing the little girl, ok it was a little low brow, but, she is a teenager not a 5 year old. She was laughing when it happened, she knew it was going to happen, and she’s not going to need therapy to get over it. For all you soap boxers, it wasn't everybody in the stands booing, just a few people, and the same would have happened if situations were reversed. If it were NE and a kid was wearing a Colts jersey a few fans would boo. If you don’t believe that, then you are so myopic that you shouldn’t be driving. So get over yourselves.
Risk Prof

Las Cruces, NM

#27 Jan 16, 2008
Pick up James Hardy in the draft, give 6'5 Manning a 6'7 target.

The Patriots are cheaters. How many players do they have returning under contract next season?
Yeah Right

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Jan 16, 2008
better D wrote:
Interesting read. How I see it is:
D Clark - had to many drops this year but, still very productive and a match up nightmare for most teams - Keep him
G Ryan Lilja - G Jake Scott - keep one whoever has the most flexibility.
DE Josh Thomas - He had a lot of chances only had one sack for the year. He is a decent tackler, keep him for the minimum and put him on special teams.
LB Rocky Boiman - no production from the SAM - had 50 tackles and two picks but, no forced fumbles and gets blocked out of the play way to much. He may be better at WIL, but he is never going to replace Freddy so drop him.
WR Aaron Moorehead - I agree with the star on this one - a fresh start might be what he needs.
DT Dan Klecko - drop him to much young talent that is bigger and faster then he is.
TE Mike Seidman - who - he is big at 261 lbs, but don’t know enough about him to from an opinion.
Restricted FA's
Keep: S Matt Giordano, DT Darrell Reid, and one of the Tight Ends.
Exclusive FA:
DT Ed Johnson keep him for sure.
Booing the little girl, ok it was a little low brow, but, she is a teenager not a 5 year old. She was laughing when it happened, she knew it was going to happen, and she’s not going to need therapy to get over it. For all you soap boxers, it wasn't everybody in the stands booing, just a few people, and the same would have happened if situations were reversed. If it were NE and a kid was wearing a Colts jersey a few fans would boo. If you don’t believe that, then you are so myopic that you shouldn’t be driving. So get over yourselves.
Good post - especially about the booing of the girl in the Pats jersey (funny comment). I think that the team should keep 2 of the 3 tightends. The team should attempt to draft DL or LB. I think that they can approve over Thomas and Boiman in the draft.
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#29 Jan 16, 2008
HAVE to keep Giordano!

White boy has wheels!
Tim

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Jan 16, 2008
better D wrote:
Interesting read. How I see it is:
D Clark - had to many drops this year but, still very productive and a match up nightmare for most teams - Keep him
G Ryan Lilja - G Jake Scott - keep one whoever has the most flexibility.
DE Josh Thomas - He had a lot of chances only had one sack for the year. He is a decent tackler, keep him for the minimum and put him on special teams.
LB Rocky Boiman - no production from the SAM - had 50 tackles and two picks but, no forced fumbles and gets blocked out of the play way to much. He may be better at WIL, but he is never going to replace Freddy so drop him.
WR Aaron Moorehead - I agree with the star on this one - a fresh start might be what he needs.
DT Dan Klecko - drop him to much young talent that is bigger and faster then he is.
TE Mike Seidman - who - he is big at 261 lbs, but don’t know enough about him to from an opinion.
Restricted FA's
Keep: S Matt Giordano, DT Darrell Reid, and one of the Tight Ends.
Exclusive FA:
DT Ed Johnson keep him for sure.
Booing the little girl, ok it was a little low brow, but, she is a teenager not a 5 year old. She was laughing when it happened, she knew it was going to happen, and she’s not going to need therapy to get over it. For all you soap boxers, it wasn't everybody in the stands booing, just a few people, and the same would have happened if situations were reversed. If it were NE and a kid was wearing a Colts jersey a few fans would boo. If you don’t believe that, then you are so myopic that you shouldn’t be driving. So get over yourselves.
"If it were NE and a kid was wearing a Colts jersey a few fans would boo. If you don’t believe that, then you are so myopic that you shouldn’t be driving."

Hmm... you might be on to something. That could explain some things about driving in Boston.(Or they're just really into anal because they like to ride each other's asses.)
Yeah Right

Indianapolis, IN

#31 Jan 16, 2008
Risk Prof wrote:
Pick up James Hardy in the draft, give 6'5 Manning a 6'7 target.
The Patriots are cheaters. How many players do they have returning under contract next season?
Hardy is a project 1st round pick - which is what we gave up for Ugoh. So this won't happen unless he falls to the second round.
supercolts

Danville, IN

#32 Jan 16, 2008
Pats Fan wrote:
Get rid of the low life Colts fans who have the audacity to boo a child who represents a team disliked by them. What a bunch of classless punks.
blue me.
ColtsFanMaxx

United States

#33 Jan 16, 2008
After watching the girl get booed on his television, Pats owner Robert Kraft became so angry that he phoned NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and demanded an investigation into the incident.
The investigation revealed that the booing was not the result of fans. But, was actually artificial boos being played over the sound system.
No charges will be filed.
Nate in Chicago

Pleasanton, CA

#34 Jan 16, 2008
IRSAY HATER wrote:
You should get rid of
1.Jim irsay his whole life he been a loser like his dead dad!!!
2.Choker Manning
3.Harrison is done and old
4.Keep Dingy he usually chokes in the playoffs!!!!
5.Freeney deserves better
6.Bob Sanders is trailor trash
7.Loser Pollian
8.The dumpy RCA dome and even the new dump because the Irsay family will have many bad memories there because he is a screw up!!!!
Your life must be awful to still be so torn about a sports related event that happened 25 years ago. Didn't your city steal the Browns anyway. I don't know if there is anything sadder than a Baltimore Ravens fan.
Whoonearth

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Jan 16, 2008
Who on earth would name their child Craphonso? I'm surprised he's not a world champion boxer - I'm sure he's been getting picked on since pre-school - he's got more fights under his belt than Roy Jones, Jr.
fansince1973

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Jan 16, 2008
forget who we're keeping - the focus should be on who to pick up - the players we're considering keeping are already in-house - we don't have a sparkplug, our most exciting player is a safety and this shouldn't be the case - WE NEED A RETURN GUY WHO CAN ALSO STRETCH THE FIELD - DeSean Jackson of Cal comes to mind - Payton can throw it deep but we dont have anybody who can get open deep and we havent had a decent kick returner since Joe Washington in the Baltimore days - we need a burner - a game changer - we also need a new special teams coach - our return game sux but so does our kickoff coverage
Soupcan

Evansville, IN

#37 Jan 16, 2008
Pats Fan wrote:
Get rid of the low life Colts fans who have the audacity to boo a child who represents a team disliked by them. What a bunch of classless punks.
Oh...and by the way keep promoting R.Moss all he does is slap ladies around (allegedly)..poke guy's in the their eye,....and CHEAT! sheese
Mike

Lawrenceville, GA

#38 Jan 16, 2008
Has anyone heard about Booger McFarland's status? It would be nice to have him and Freeney back and healthy at the beginning of next year. It was painful to see the lack of any kind of pass rush in the Chargers game.
steve in naptown

Springfield, IL

#39 Jan 16, 2008
get rid of Utecht, its not like he can hold the ball.
Dave in the Fort

United States

#41 Jan 16, 2008
If the young lady in question was in Foxboro wearing a Colts jersey, what does anyone suppose the reaction would be. Drunken, low self-esteem losers in every town. She, on the other hand obviously is a winner.

Utecht must go.
brobro

Plainfield, IN

#40 Jan 16, 2008
it don't matter get rid of the whole team they always mess up when its time to shine. bunch of loosers!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Boiman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boiman returns with 1-year contract (Apr '07) Apr '08 Gregg Sterett 13
News Eagles add depth at linebacker by signing Boima... (Mar '08) Mar '08 SmokersAreLosers 1
News Colts sign Clark to 6-year deal (Feb '08) Feb '08 Tim 143
News 3 stars could miss start of camp (Feb '08) Feb '08 Colt Fan Dan 15
News Polian deals with present, also keeps eye on fu... (Jan '08) Feb '08 Rice 105
News Colts players, others embrace decision (Jan '08) Jan '08 IA colts fan 8
News Colts' Mr. INT talks good game, too (Dec '07) Dec '07 Michael Cooper 18
More from around the web