Tice faces retooling task with the Bears

Tice faces retooling task with the Bears

There are 65 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Tice faces retooling task with the Bears. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Chicago Bears wanted offensive line coach Mike Tice badly enough that they hired him even before they got around to bringing in offensive coordinator Mike Martz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Scruffy

Canton, MI

#21 Jul 17, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt bring it up indyquenboy! ezg357 brought it up. I know with you being a queen fan, that you know nothing about football, but I thought you could at least read..........Jolly got what he deserved,.....Phat @ kvin, deserve the same! Ps.....You would have better luck being a Colt fan, at least they have won a Superbowl.
You're comparing a diuretic to a controlled (narcotic)substance? C'mon man.... really? Please, stop with the HISTORY lessons. Can you Packer fans live in the now?
chuck u farley

United States

#22 Jul 17, 2010
"Tice took over a mediocre line in 1997 and overnight turned them into one of the most dominant lines..."

I'm pretty sure there was another guy on the team that was the reason for that jump in '98. Hmmmm....what was his name? I think he played WR.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#23 Jul 17, 2010
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you finally shut your pie hole? When we sweep you again this year will you finally go away? Or are you stuck in SmellsWorthless the rest of your pathetic life?
When the queens ever win a superbowl!........So never.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#24 Jul 17, 2010
IndyVikeFan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you didn't bring it up you commented on it. Remember? Probably not. If you're saying it's not the codeine muddling you brain then I apologize. I guess you're just stupid.
You said I brought it up!....Now your trying to backpeddle, you fit right in with rodent nation, and queenville. I'm not even going to call you stupid,........your quote aleady did that.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#25 Jul 17, 2010
Scruffy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing a diuretic to a controlled (narcotic)substance? C'mon man.... really? Please, stop with the HISTORY lessons. Can you Packer fans live in the now?
The diuretics are used to cover up (narcotic) substances.....You should pull for the Lions, they have a better chance to win a SB than the queens! Even the (Aints) won 1......Now thats funny.
ezg357d

AOL

#26 Jul 17, 2010
Scruffy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the race for the North. Also, Tice had nothing to do with the boat. Funny, Smoot signed for everything.... I guess that's Tice's alias. Prob why "Smoot" played terrible D in Minnie.
Tice had his input on what players to pick NO he didnt sign The players Contracts or Pay Checks What Head Coach does. DO you know of any If so Let me know. The Bears Split the season with The VIKES The game The Bears won They was up 16 points The VIKES took that Game to over time & lost it on a J.Cutler Touchdown pass That game if The Bears was in the running for The North as you & whats his name above said they souldnt have let The VIKES take it to over time The Bears had a Good Game Then just about lost it. They split the season & almost blowing a 16 point lead put that with what They was 7-9 last year & in the eyes of you Two there in the race for The North. I guess you can say The Lions are in the race for The North Also & it would be true Not very likely But anything is possible right >>> GO VIKINGS
ezg357d

AOL

#27 Jul 17, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>The diuretics are used to cover up (narcotic) substances.....You should pull for the Lions, they have a better chance to win a SB than the queens! Even the (Aints) won 1......Now thats funny.
SO THANKLESS ex favre fan > Favre Won One of yours Now Thats FUNNY GO VIKINGS
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#28 Jul 17, 2010
PNWVikes fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Another ****-off paqueer fan I guess. And to think that your opinion matters anywhere ...
Obviously it matters to you.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#29 Jul 17, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
<quoted text> SO THANKLESS ex favre fan > Favre Won One of yours Now Thats FUNNY GO VIKINGS
Ya, but he didnt win one of yours!......Oh ya........you have none!.....Thats even more funny! Ill thank the real legend. Thanks Reggie!
ezg357d

AOL

#30 Jul 17, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, but he didnt win one of yours!......Oh ya........you have none!.....Thats even more funny! Ill thank the real legend. Thanks Reggie!
But I am not the Thankless sour one because of it You are & your the fan that has a Super Bowl winning team I find you odd But most packers are now aren't they (See Now That is Funny ) >>> GO VIKINGS

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Jul 18, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
<quoted text>Mike Tice had a Good Young Team when he was Head Coach most was in there 20s also had some pretty good players like D.Culpepper, M. Bennett,J.Kleinsasser, C.Hovan, B.McKinnie & lets not forget Randy Moss & Matt Birk , Birk he was 26 Tice frist year As you see Tice did have some good young players What Tice didnt have was control of his players Drugs, The Love boat thing >- Players partying The Nights before games Chlidress has control of his players He is there Coach not there buddy & You will not see him scalping tickets It was Chlidress that got AD,Rice,Harven also got Allen to come to Minnesota Tice had his shot in the Draft Had his chance to make trades what players did he trade for D.Alexander, C.Walsh yes & Corey Chavous the money was put out for these players All bad picks Chlidress also won The North Two years running & a good chance for a 3rd A Better over all record then Tice Also Chlidress put in the West Cost Offence He also put in the VIKES Defence Now I know someone will say 12 men on the field But Chlidress unlike Tice has been good for the VIKES. GO VIKINGS
may i remind you.."its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt"
ezg357d

AOL

#32 Jul 18, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
may i remind you.."its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt"
I was replying to your dumb comment on TICE if you think Tice was a better Coach then Chlidress Did his Record show he was NO Chlidress is a way better coach then Tice & you was wrong in saying he didnt have the players I showed you Facts that he had Good young players All you was doing was talking though you bolw hole I think your right in saying some times it best for fools to remain silent So way did you make that dumb post Fool. GO VIKINGS
ezg357d

AOL

#33 Jul 18, 2010
also would like to add >> I cant see why I give facts & I am called a fool is that all you have in response when Facts are presented to you? I wasnt talking though my blow like your self GO VIKINGS

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Jul 18, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
also would like to add >> I cant see why I give facts & I am called a fool is that all you have in response when Facts are presented to you? I wasnt talking though my blow like your self GO VIKINGS
you didnt present any facts, the only player Tice had that was superior to what we have now was Moss, MCCombs didnt go out and spend money on free agents. Peterson is better then Micael Bennett by a long shot, Favre is superior to Culpepper, Jared Allen is much better then any d lineman we had while tice was here, and Childress has twice the size of a caching staff, now thats the facvts, so please remain silent
Say What

Lakeville, MN

#35 Jul 18, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>When the queens ever win a superbowl!........So never.
At least when I wake up in the morning I'm not stuck in some rat hole town in WI named after your mom.
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

#36 Jul 18, 2010
Tice was not much of a head coach. Maybe it was the el-cheap-o McCombs for an owner that was his downfall. But his strength most certainly was in his O-line coaching. I have no doubt the Bears line will be improved this year.
ezg357d

AOL

#38 Jul 18, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>you didnt present any facts, the only player Tice had that was superior to what we have now was Moss, MCCombs didnt go out and spend money on free agents. Peterson is better then Micael Bennett by a long shot, Favre is superior to Culpepper, Jared Allen is much better then any d lineman we had while tice was here, and Childress has twice the size of a caching staff, now thats the facvts, so please remain silent
I guess you dont think The VIKINGS C Batt Birk wasnt any good He was better then the one the VIKES have now wasnt he? & what about Bryant McKinnie a frist round pick , Michael Bennett Jim Kleinsasser & Randy Moss All on Tices Team All good young players at that time Tice was Head coach Tice had NO CONTROL of his players Tice liked to be a buddy & you cant be a players buddy & a Coach Tice & chlidress records speek for them self Anyone that can say Tice was a good Coach & didnt have the players cant know much about this game that or you turn a blind eye to what was going on at the time look here is the free agents its not the money spent on them there Tice picks Signed the following free agents: tight ends Matt Cercone and Jeff Kostrewa, wide receiver Kenny Clark, defensive back Mesene Louisdor, offensive lineman Mike Malano, running backs DeWayne Miles and James Wofford and safety Brian Russell Signed tSigned the following rookie free agents: running back Jeremy Allen, wide receivers Atrews Bell, Kelly Campbell and Devin Lewis, fullback Carlos Daniels, kick returner Nick Davis, kicker Todd France, quarterback Shaun Hill, punter Nick Murphy and safeties Jack Brewer and Kyries Hebert ALL Tice picks All bad players picked by a Bad Coach >.Here is the staff Owner Red McCombs
President Gary Woods
Vice President of Football Operations Rob Brzezinski
Head Coaches

Head Coach Mike Tice
Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line George O'Leary
Offensive Coaches

Offensive Coordinator Scott Linehan
Quarterbacks Alex Wood
Running Backs Dean Dalton
Wide Receivers Charlie Baggett
Tight Ends/Assistant Offensive Line John Tice
Offensive Line Steve Loney
Offensive Assistant/Quality Control Jim Panagos
Defensive Coaches

Defensive Coordinator/Secondary Willie Shaw
Linebackers Brian Baker
Defensive Backfield Chuck Knox, Jr.
Defensive Assistant/Quality Control Pete Bercich
Special Teams Coaches

Special Teams Jay Hayes
Strength and Conditioning

Strength and Conditioning Steve Wetzel
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Daryl Lawrence AS I SAID you have no facts you talk though your Blow Hole Tice made bad Picks look above at his list of free agents All Bad picks By a Bad Coach It is you that should be thesilent one You That doesn't know anythng GO VIKINGS

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Jul 18, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you dont think The VIKINGS C Batt Birk wasnt any good He was better then the one the VIKES have now wasnt he? & what about Bryant McKinnie a frist round pick , Michael Bennett Jim Kleinsasser & Randy Moss All on Tices Team All good young players at that time Tice was Head coach Tice had NO CONTROL of his players Tice liked to be a buddy & you cant be a players buddy & a Coach Tice & chlidress records speek for them self Anyone that can say Tice was a good Coach & didnt have the players cant know much about this game that or you turn a blind eye to what was going on at the time look here is the free agents its not the money spent on them there Tice picks Signed the following free agents: tight ends Matt Cercone and Jeff Kostrewa, wide receiver Kenny Clark, defensive back Mesene Louisdor, offensive lineman Mike Malano, running backs DeWayne Miles and James Wofford and safety Brian Russell Signed tSigned the following rookie free agents: running back Jeremy Allen, wide receivers Atrews Bell, Kelly Campbell and Devin Lewis, fullback Carlos Daniels, kick returner Nick Davis, kicker Todd France, quarterback Shaun Hill, punter Nick Murphy and safeties Jack Brewer and Kyries Hebert ALL Tice picks All bad players picked by a Bad Coach >.Here is the staff Owner Red McCombs
President Gary Woods
Vice President of Football Operations Rob Brzezinski
Head Coaches
Head Coach Mike Tice
Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line George O'Leary
Offensive Coaches
Offensive Coordinator Scott Linehan
Quarterbacks Alex Wood
Running Backs Dean Dalton
Wide Receivers Charlie Baggett
Tight Ends/Assistant Offensive Line John Tice
Offensive Line Steve Loney
Offensive Assistant/Quality Control Jim Panagos
Defensive Coaches
Defensive Coordinator/Secondary Willie Shaw
Linebackers Brian Baker
Defensive Backfield Chuck Knox, Jr.
Defensive Assistant/Quality Control Pete Bercich
Special Teams Coaches
Special Teams Jay Hayes
Strength and Conditioning
Strength and Conditioning Steve Wetzel
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Daryl Lawrence AS I SAID you have no facts you talk though your Blow Hole Tice made bad Picks look above at his list of free agents All Bad picks By a Bad Coach It is you that should be thesilent one You That doesn't know anythng GO VIKINGS
hold yuor breath waiting for that first super bowl win un Childress, because it isnt happening
ex favre fan

Goodhue, MN

#40 Jul 18, 2010
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
At least when I wake up in the morning I'm not stuck in some rat hole town in WI named after your mom.
I dont live in town....But I have been in lakevillle....and if I lived in either North, or South, I would'nt want to wake up in the morning! Taking a shot at my mom?...... Just proves my piont. Another idiot queen fan that can't talk football. You should take a knee!
ezg357d

AOL

#41 Jul 18, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
hold yuor breath waiting for that first super bowl win un Childress, because it isnt happening
That wasnt the Point was it, Let me take you Back to what we was talking about Thoughtless One It was about Mike Tice & YOU saying he was better then Chlidress & didnt have the players or the money spent on free agents WELL I showed that he did in my other post & as you see The money Was spent on players & Staff You shouldnt try & talk about something you dont know anything about( OlD VIKES Teams) Like all of you PackRats You wont Conseed Even when you are Wrong. Worry about Your own Dumb Coach Who will he give the Play Book to this year like did last year with The Cards >>> GO VIKINGS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roberto Garza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears LB McClellin to miss Packers game (Sep '14) Oct '14 Rob 7
News Chicago Bears Training Camp is officially Open (Jul '14) Jul '14 Cyfarts 3
News Lovie Smith and the Draft (Apr '14) Apr '14 Pads and use 2
News Bears reach deal with De La Puente (Apr '14) Apr '14 DeLaPuto 1
News Sympathy and support at fundraiser to help McHe... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Shelly Wallin 1
News Chicago Bears Week 8 Milk Carton (Oct '12) Oct '12 Code Word 2
News Bears ditch tough talk after loss to Packers, g... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Poo Piles 4
More from around the web