Grossman does well in no-huddle

Grossman does well in no-huddle

There are 45 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Grossman does well in no-huddle. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Eli Manning looked like a young Rex Grossman for most of the first three quarters Sunday, throwing interceptions he knew were bad throws the instant they left his hand and fumbling for no apparent reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ray

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 2, 2007
It dosen't matter how Grossman does in the huddle. Can't blame Grossman. Grossman did all he can under horrendous offensive coordinating leadership of Ron Turner.

Fire Ron Turner. He can't run an offense worth spit on a plate.
play wolfe

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 2, 2007
i don't understand. we're down a running back. wolfe played a lot in the preseason and showed he's really effective on the swing passes and screens and he is limited to punt coverage. what's the deal. hester had the long pass thrown to him and then was nothing more than a decoy the rest of the game. i don't understand the conservative play calling on offense.
pld coach

Litchfield, NH

#3 Dec 3, 2007
Still a Grossman fan, I see...Does the Tribune have you as Grossman's personal publicist?

Grossman, on the whole, played well enough. However, an 81 rating is not hall of fame stuff. In truth, after the first drive and in the second half he was not as effective. Perhaps it was he who failed to adapt and it was the Giants who did.
Paul

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2007
Grossman is a mess. He has no clue what is going on on the field or around him. He is over shadowed by the poor coaching. Lovie earned it! 5 more years! I put it all on Lovie he is the captian of this garbage barge and he keeps steping out saying it ain't like it is. Rex and Ron are his guys and he has won with them not in spit of them.
Mike

River Grove, IL

#5 Dec 3, 2007
The head coach has to assume blame for his decisions:
Let Rivera go, I want Babich.
Let Harris go, I want Archuleta.
Let Jones go, I want Benson.
The no-huddle offense is working, so let's try something different.
The GM has to assume blame for his decision: I agree, and here's $20 million for 5 years.
I have bashed Rex in the past, but the only thing he really did wrong yesterday was backpedaling 5-7 yard sacks into 10-15 yard losses.
tctopdog

Livermore, CA

#6 Dec 3, 2007
the bears traded away or fired their core and expect to have things 'as they were'. New England allows a cheat to continue coaching and Angelo fires the Tank. A GM in dreamland. Grossman, once again was let down by the receiver core. I have not counted it up, but going back to and including Super Bowl, My guess is Bears lost 4 due to shoddy receiver core.
Get Rid Of Turner

United States

#7 Dec 3, 2007
Ron Turner is terrible! Running the reverse or flat pass 11 times for a total of minus 9 yards. Calling for pass plays which throw short of the sticks. Not using the TE's. Great field position and not scoring. Passing way TOO MUCH and not running enough. Etc. Etc. Etc. Did you see the Steelers last night? Parker for 2 yds., Parker for 4 yds., short pass beyond the sticks, first down. They did it over and over. Steelers get off the bus running, Bears don't. Turner MUST GO!
News Flash

Gore Bay, Canada

#8 Dec 3, 2007
As bad as the Giants played and still won, does it tell you something ??? Tells me your season is over and thanks to Bears I won my confidence pool just like they old days.
THIS SAYS IT ALL

United States

#9 Dec 3, 2007
From Fred Mitchell's column in the Trib: "From the time the Bears took a 16-7 lead with 10 minutes 52 seconds left in the third quarter on a 41-yard Robbie Gould field goal, Rex Grossman was called on to attempt 17 passes, compared to just five running plays that could have run off more of the clock."

Fire Turner, NOW!
tomas

United States

#10 Dec 3, 2007
THE BEARS SUCK GIGANTIC HAIRY STINKY PIG TEST_CLES!!!
Mike

River Grove, IL

#11 Dec 3, 2007
tomas wrote:
THE BEARS SUCK GIGANTIC HAIRY STINKY PIG TEST_CLES!!!
Come on, Tomas, stop holding back and tell us how you REALLY feel!
John

Dallas, GA

#12 Dec 3, 2007
Ron Turner, Norv Turner, we would be better off with TINA TURNER!
Grossman SUCKS

Atlanta, GA

#13 Dec 3, 2007
Once again, Rex Grossman cannot lead this team. Another game with less than 20 points.

Put GRIESE back in - at least we were consistently scoring points and racking up yardage.

The love fest between Lovie and Grossman is beyond belief. Get rid of both of them!
Grossman SUCKS

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 3, 2007
Paul wrote:
Grossman is a mess. He has no clue what is going on on the field or around him. He is over shadowed by the poor coaching. Lovie earned it! 5 more years! I put it all on Lovie he is the captian of this garbage barge and he keeps steping out saying it ain't like it is. Rex and Ron are his guys and he has won with them not in spit of them.
I agree. We did not give Griese a chance. He had one bad game. Period. Lovie, get your head on straight.
Grossman SUCKS

Atlanta, GA

#15 Dec 3, 2007
Ray wrote:
It dosen't matter how Grossman does in the huddle. Can't blame Grossman. Grossman did all he can under horrendous offensive coordinating leadership of Ron Turner.
Fire Ron Turner. He can't run an offense worth spit on a plate.
Yes you can. He is not an NFL Quarterback. I cannot believe how bad the Bears SCREWED over Brian Griese.
steve

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Dec 3, 2007
Lovie does not have a clue. He has been on vacation all season. just collecting a pay check.
steve

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 3, 2007
You cant blame Grossman we have no o-line, Turners play calling sucks and Lovies in another world.
MATT

Chicago, IL

#18 Dec 3, 2007
REX GROSSMAN SUCKS. AFTER A FIVE PASS TD IN FIRST ALL WE GOT WHERE 3 FIELDGOALS. THESE STATS ARE USELESS. HE ONLY THROWS 2 YARD PASSES AND IF THE RECIEVER MAKES SOMETHING HAPPEN WE GET A FIRST DOWN IF NOT WE PUNT. HE IS THE WORST QB IN THE NFL.TED PHILLIPS, JERRY ANGELO, LOVIE,BABICH, AND TURNER ALL SUCK TO.
tomas

United States

#19 Dec 3, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, Tomas, stop holding back and tell us how you REALLY feel!
OK, THEY EAT GIGANTIC, VEINY, MAGGOT COVERED, PUSS INFESTED GOAT SCROTUMS. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Done

Chicago, IL

#20 Dec 3, 2007
I agree that they screwed Griese.
after the Raiders game both Grossman and Griese had played the same amount of games and Griese still had better numbers.
Lovie always says he plays whoever gives them the best chance to win.
Well under that philosophy shouldn't Griese still be starting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roberto Garza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears LB McClellin to miss Packers game (Sep '14) Oct '14 Rob 7
News Chicago Bears Training Camp is officially Open (Jul '14) Jul '14 Cyfarts 3
News Lovie Smith and the Draft (Apr '14) Apr '14 Pads and use 2
News Bears reach deal with De La Puente (Apr '14) Apr '14 DeLaPuto 1
News Sympathy and support at fundraiser to help McHe... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Shelly Wallin 1
News Chicago Bears Week 8 Milk Carton (Oct '12) Oct '12 Code Word 2
News Bears ditch tough talk after loss to Packers, g... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Poo Piles 4
More from around the web