Some Surprises At Receiver For UConn

Full story: Hartford Courant

Asked what he thought the UConn two-deep chart meant, particularly at wide receiver, UConn senior Ellis Gaulden took a peek and was as quick on the answer as he is on the outside.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2008
Jim Johnson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I'm excited, I like having some speed gus on the outside and I think DJ is a strong slot receiver cause he runs like a piano is attached to him, but he's got good hands.

When Kanuch is back we will have 4 solid receivers, I like the continued direction Edsall is taking this program.

Can't wait for Thursday night, Go Huskies Go!
Marcus - MD

Derwood, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I don't know, I'm still nervous about this group. You're starting a 5-9 redshirt freshman, and a kid who caught four balls last season. This is the Big East, not the Yankee Conference.
Okay So

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Edsall doesn't throw the ball enough that is why these receivers don't have any catches and he hardly mixes it up. I think they have the talent now all Edsall has to do is use it (and not just with a select few).
UCONN in the Valley

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

It is a refreshing change to see 2 speed receivers on the field for UCONN at the same time. This will force the opponents defense to respect the deep pass option and open up the underneath (TE and RB's).
Speed is only 1 of 3 key components of a productive receiver. Also need good hands and the ability to "get open". Did not see this from UCONN receivers last season. Get open and present a good target for the QB.
The potential is there. Need to see the execution starting against Hofstra.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Robert McClain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Safety gives No. 19 Tar Heels 12-10 win over UConn (Sep '09) Jan '10 Santa Claus 2
Lutrus not the UConn linebacker you remember (Aug '09) Sep '09 tony 8
Holding call, safety gives North Carolina 12-10... (Sep '09) Sep '09 roger 1
UConn Football Unveils New Uniforms (Jun '09) Jun '09 truman 21
Huskies Keep It Basic In Blue-White Game (Apr '09) Apr '09 UCONN FB 1
Former Brookfield High star named a captain of ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 The Obviuos 2
Defense Sets Sights On Big Hits (Aug '08) Aug '08 TheRentsch 3

Search the Robert McClain Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••