Porous Bengals 'D' a sight for Ravens...

Porous Bengals 'D' a sight for Ravens' sore eyes

There are 56 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 9, 2007, titled Porous Bengals 'D' a sight for Ravens' sore eyes. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Cincinnati Bengals are in their usual place on defense, ranked 31st overall and allowing 397.1 yards a game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mark

Baltimore, MD

#1 Nov 9, 2007
I love the Mason remark. If you listen to the guy, is this someone that would rather catch ten balls and lose or three and win?

Shut up and play football

Go Ravens
Bob

Manassas, VA

#2 Nov 9, 2007
When did this become Neuheisel's offense? Please, this is Billicks offense just as it's been since the beginning of his tenure. Coordinators change but the scheme remains the same.
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Nov 9, 2007
Mike....is it really that mysterious that Marvin Lewis is a great Defensive Coach yet his own D sucks? When you consider our own situation with Brian Billick and our own Offense? Sure...its great to think thatBengals have a pourous D , but is that the case against the Ravens? Have they not made us look silly in Cincy last year AND this year already? Yes playing at the Vault helps, but as we all saw last year..( ie.) Carolina and Indy , if you have a passing game,( as Cincy has) you can beat the Ravens. This theory is multiplied over and over when you factor in Rolle/ McAlister not in the lineup. The ONLY reason we beat them last year had everything to do with Special Teams and Defensive play. If I remember correctly, we scored 14 points quickly against them because of Ed Reed. Last year, Special Teams play was outstanding, but this year is this year. BJ Sams is hurt...again...Yamon Figurs couldnt hold on to a ball if it had a handle. After last week, seeing Ed Reed return punts, he looked gased. Gary Stills has been hurt this year with a knee injury sustained in training camp yet he still plays. If that was Todd Heap that had the same injury, he would be out the whole season. Which brings me to my next point. You're right....Tightends do disappear in the Cincy D....but our Tightends have disappeared long before this weekend. Where is Wilcox? Where is Heap? What happened to playing hurt? Quinn has played very well in my opinion but there is only so much he can do. I find it funny the way that Rex Ryan and Brian Billick are so different. Rex looks at everyone he has, he looks at what people do well and not so well, then places those people in positions to excell. Then we have Brian Billick. How much sense does this make...? You base 80 % of your Offense on a 2 Tightend Set,( because your Quarterback is "good" in it ) You then LOSE both of your Tightends to injury , so whats the answer? Bring in your 2nd year, 5th round pick Quinn Sypniewski and then Lee Vickers..LOL!!! and then Offensive Lineman Mike Kracalic as an eligable reciever to cure your problems. There ya go...that will get it done Billick. How about this....how about instead of this bunched up 2 Tightend crap...you spread the field? How about you bench McNair till our pansy Tightends come back. Put in Boller...get Clayton and Williams involved in this Offense again, bring in Devard Darling who has chemistry with Boller? Then if they arent open...THEN dump it off to Mason and Sypniewski. Mike...Im telling you...if we dont go in a total different direction, we ARE going to lose this weekend.
bob k

AOL

#4 Nov 9, 2007
Mike, are you kidding me. LOL, the Ravens already played the #32 ranked offense and lost (Buffalo)and now they're playing the #31 ranked defense, and they're gonna lose again. They stink, that's it. Palmer will destroy the Ravens vaunted secondary. With our putrid offense, there is no way we will win another game. McNairs ego minded response yesterday said it all about this team. It's not about a team, it's all about individuals with goals of their own. This team is finished for this year, I don't care what BB has to say, he is the true spin meister. In fact, he's so good at spinning, that he could spin a wad of crap into cotton candy. Like Mark above said. "SHUT UP & PLAY FOOTBALL!!
mike

Hampstead, MD

#5 Nov 9, 2007
yes derrick mason is a selfish guy he is playing for himself. i guess ravens should learn to shut up and work hard on the field.
Jeff

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Nov 9, 2007
"By the way, congratulations to McNair. He is the only person in Baltimore who could make Ravens fans clamor for backup quarterback Kyle Boller."

I knew you couldn't write an article without finding a way to bash Boller. You had to force this one in there because it was totally out of flow with the rest of the article. Did you actually graduate from journalism school at Towson? I'll echo one of the previous posts. This isn't Neuheisel's offense. He's an Offensive Coordinator in name only. It's not his playbook and he's not calling the plays. I guessed you've bashed Billick enough so you need to spread the love.
jeffro

Lillington, NC

#7 Nov 9, 2007
Won't help, they already played loser defenses and couldn't score. Rolle out = Carson Palmer score at will. Bengals 30 Stover 6
jeffro

Lillington, NC

#8 Nov 9, 2007
bob K, calm down the Ravens might win the Miami game. 5-11 4-12 ?
I do love bashing BUT, McNair is still hurt, the O line has been hurt, clayton's ankle is jacked up, Todd (Glass man) Heap is hurt, or always hurt. So basically your offense is Willis. The O line can't block because they recovering from injury, McNair can't throw or run with a groin injury, heap out, clayton out, Willis is it. BUT..LET'S GO BACK TO BASHING BECAUSE IT IS MORE FUN, NEXT BASH PLEASE..........
Scarano

AOL

#9 Nov 9, 2007
The Bengals may be porous on D, but can McNair throw the ball down field? Also, the Bengals beat us. You do have a point; we are fortunate to be playing the Bengals now rather than some real tough team. Perhaps, the Ravens will find a way to win this game. If they don't, you are going to really hear some nasty comments from the fans. This game is crucial.
jeffro

Lillington, NC

#10 Nov 9, 2007
A Cheer for the game Sunday...
REX- RY-AN REX-RY-AN REX-RY-AN say it now .. practice at home, Ogden and Lewis will join in at the game, Mason too.
Scarano from Baltimore

AOL

#11 Nov 9, 2007
Mike from Virginia,

You really gave a good analysis of the Ravens. Nice going.
dan the man

West Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 9, 2007
The Ravens have a way of making terrible defenses look great. We always make the bengals D look good. The Ravens secondary banged up and the back ups looking totally lost. We lose Sunday 28-17. Wake up people, we have the WORST offense in the NFL.
Bill Ding

New Baltimore, MI

#13 Nov 9, 2007
jeffro wrote:
A Cheer for the game Sunday...
REX- RY-AN REX-RY-AN REX-RY-AN say it now .. practice at home, Ogden and Lewis will join in at the game, Mason too.
This has to be the dumbest person to leave a comment in this paper. Rex Ryan has NO head coaching experience, the defense has been good under several defensive coaches. It's not his defense it's one he inherited. He usually looks good because that's where the talent is and where most of the money is spent. By the way love your name with all the f's contained in the middle. Now who would replace “th” with an “f”?
Tired Of This BS

United States

#14 Nov 9, 2007
Jeffro-moron,

You are a Steelers fan right? What are you still doing on this board? You must have no life. Just another idiot Steeler fan NOT from PA.
Hung Below

AOL

#15 Nov 9, 2007
Typical that great coordinators make lousy head coaches....our offensive guru needs to take a million dollar paycut and alleviate some of his duties. Go back to calling the offensive plays only, he's obviously overwhelmed by the big picture. HEY, I have an idea!! Tomlin hires Marvin Lewis as Defensive Coordinator, and BillSH8t at Offensive Coordinator. NO, on second thought, they'd be taking a step back. HAHAHAHAHA
Thom

Gwynn Oak, MD

#16 Nov 9, 2007
Based on their recent history of ONLY beating teams with loosing records ... the Black Birds should win 16-14.

But .. what does THAT tell about them ?...

8^)
Thom

Gwynn Oak, MD

#17 Nov 9, 2007
Rex Ryan will be here for a while ... at least until Biscotto comes to his senses and CLEANS HOUSE ..

The fact that his defense isn't THAT good this year .. plus .. the public see how his players act on and off the field ... he's not a good manager ...

It's a MAAAAAD HOUSE !!!
Mr Fantasy

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2007
True, the Bengals defense is weak. I do not follow Cinci but I think that I heard that they had lots of injuries to key players on defense.
The Ravens have had lots of key injuries on offense.

The Ravens have a shot at the playoffs, and the Bengals do not, so we should see the Bengals get beaten by the Ravens in this game. If we do not, then fans can start with the questions, accusations, and complaints.

Patience is a virtue. It is a very long season.
jeffro

Lillington, NC

#19 Nov 9, 2007
No I'm from NC. I had the un-fortunate experience of living in the Rust Belt of Baltimore because my wife is from there. I watched the Ravens for 3 years, but I gave my wife notice that I couldn't live in Yankee hell anymore, so we moved back home. OH yeah, you Yankees stay up North and swim at your own polluted beaches. We really don't want you here. But it is fun to BASH YOU.
Bacon

Waldorf, MD

#20 Nov 9, 2007
That BAMA Mason is as selfish as it gets and the sad part is it seems the QBs have bought into his whining. As long as he gets his catches, he could care less. Must be a contract incentive clause..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Geathers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bengals should sign Robert Ayers as an upgrade ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 La Palma Chronicle 3
News The Bungles are back (Jan '10) Jan '10 Bungle Fan 1
News Dolphins want oft-injured Green back at QB (Jan '08) Feb '08 dolphins 2008 3
News Ravens offense should break out against Bengals (Nov '07) Nov '07 RAVIN RAVEN 13
News Steelers looking to win seventh straight in Cin... (Oct '07) Oct '07 Rex J Steelman 1
News No answer for Billick's calls relying so much o... (Sep '07) Sep '07 Frederick 198
News Ravens-Bengals scouting report - (Sep '07) Sep '07 Fang Guy 5