QB Young: mobile, agile, dangerous

QB Young: mobile, agile, dangerous

There are 50 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 12, 2007, titled QB Young: mobile, agile, dangerous. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The first priority on Dwight Freeney's checklist when preparing for a quarterback is determining his strengths, weaknesses and tendencies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Greg Nichols

Czech Republic

#1 Sep 13, 2007
In some ways, I think the game against Tennessee is a bigger test to see where the Colt's defense is than the New Orleans game. New Orlean's passing game is their strenght which happened to be the Colt's defensive strenght last year. Deuce McAlister is a good back but not a great one and Reggie Bush had a very poor yards per carry average last year (3 point something?).
Tennessee had a huge game running the ball against a very good Jaguar defense last week and Young is always dangerous when he takes off with it. Like I said, I'll reserve my judgement about the new Colts defense until after this game.
Mookie

Orlando, FL

#2 Sep 13, 2007
It was fun to watch the Colts last week against New O, but I agree with Greg, this is a big test. There are nine, maybe ten teams in the AFC that are as good or better than the two or three best teams in the NFC. Tennessee is one of those teams. In watching several of the games last week, the Colts, along with New E, and a couple of others have a depth that puts them ahead of the pack. But with that said, there is so much parity among the good teams, that just showing up doesn't insure a win. The Colts can be a dominant team with intensity on defenses, and consistency on offense...something that was lacking last season, until the playoffs, where the defense stepped up, but really, the offense was still pretty inconsistent. This should be a good game and a good test of who and what the Colts are! Go Colts!

Since: Sep 07

Indianapolis

#3 Sep 13, 2007
Vince is 9-5 as a starter, and has won 7 of 8 ... that's pretty darn impressive. He's a special player, and has been riding high since the Natl Champ at Texas.

I agree this will be a stiff test for the Colts. A road game against a team that believes it can beat us, and has before.

Let's see if Bobby and the rest of our Bruise Crew can put some licks on him.
Colts fan in TN

Clarksville, TN

#4 Sep 13, 2007
This morning on the news, they interviewed Vince Young. The sports broadcaster asked him what his plan was against Indy, he gave the usual answers, but also said they plan to use the running game a lot. Living in TN this is all I hear, VY this and VY that. However, the one thing they do say is his passing rate is not that good and that is why VY runs a lot. Anyway, I will be cheering for the colts. Watching the Colts slaughter NO I believe they will have no problems with TN. TN did not look that great against the Jags, they only looked half way good because the Jags looked so bad.
Delldude

Burnsville, MS

#5 Sep 13, 2007
Fran Tarkenton of the Vikings Vaunted Purple Gang defense, was himself a great QB also who won alot of games in the season but ran around too much like Vince Young.

As a result in several attemps at winning a SUPER BOWL couldn't ever WIN THE BIG ONE, and I'm sure Mr.Young will end up like this too, or worse get maimed in a career ending injury.

Semper Fi

“Prepare for glory! ”

Columbus, IN

#6 Sep 13, 2007
Mobile, Agile and Dangerous...
Sounds like Bob Sanders to me!
T-titan

Antioch, TN

#7 Sep 13, 2007
Be afraid, be very affraid! VY will take it to yet another level on Indy this week. Prophesy! Payton will have the nice stats, but VY will have the win. Get use to it Indy!!!
colts fan

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 13, 2007
I went to the Tenn game at Tenn last year and first that field goal sucked but it seemed like we had no answer for Young when he would pass then we overpursued him and our lb's would be in pass coverage and he would just scramble on thw outside or just right up the line depending on where we overpursued... I hope this year since we can stop the run better we should close off hie lanes and knock his head off!!! Go horse
Milt

Carmel, IN

#9 Sep 13, 2007
Delldude wrote:
Fran Tarkenton of the Vikings Vaunted Purple Gang defense, was himself a great QB also who won alot of games in the season but ran around too much like Vince Young.
As a result in several attemps at winning a SUPER BOWL couldn't ever WIN THE BIG ONE, and I'm sure Mr.Young will end up like this too, or worse get maimed in a career ending injury.
Semper Fi
Purple People Eaters.
colts fan

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 13, 2007
and T-titan U may have had the win last year which was ur sad superbolw but we won the Superbowl and will win the afc south again again u get use to it
TheHarv

North Judson, IN

#11 Sep 13, 2007
This will be another good test for the Colts defense. Young is a winner, and the Titans are hot. The Colts now have a huge target on them. So every game is our opponents biggest game of their year. I hope the defense steps up and forces Young to make plays with his arms rather than his legs.

“Prepare for glory! ”

Columbus, IN

#12 Sep 13, 2007
colts fan wrote:
and T-titan U may have had the win last year which was ur sad superbolw but we won the Superbowl and will win the afc south again again u get use to it
Way to represent the city!
I promise you, not all of us in Indy are illiterate!
Browndog

Hazel Crest, IL

#13 Sep 13, 2007
Thanks for the warning T-titan. We (the defending Super Bowl Champions) will certainly take your advice and be very afraid. Afterall, we've only won the division the last 4 years and therefore have no reason to be confident at all. Thanks again, and keep the great postings coming.

“Prepare for glory! ”

Columbus, IN

#14 Sep 13, 2007
T-titan wrote:
Be afraid, be very affraid! VY will take it to yet another level on Indy this week. Prophesy! Payton will have the nice stats, but VY will have the win. Get use to it Indy!!!
Have Nick Harper tell Jason David we said "Hi".
BET

Schiller Park, IL

#15 Sep 13, 2007
Giordano Touchdown wrote:
Mobile, Agile and Dangerous...
Sounds like Bob Sanders to me!
Dangerous yes. Mobile & agile a little.
You must be thinking of Ed Reed...the best all-around SS in the league!
Don't worry about Vince Young...Rob Morris will catch hime everytime?
kleckoismyhero

Louisville, KY

#16 Sep 13, 2007
T-titan, if you are going to come in here and talk smack at least try to be intelligent and know how to spell the names of the people you are smacking. It is Peyton not Payton! Besides the Titans won on a lucky field goal. I wouldn't be too cocky.

It is difficult to compare last years defensive unit to this year because of all the changes. Besides, Young was new to the league and not many teams knew what to expect from him and how to defend him. The Colts have upgraded their defense with guys who appear to know how to tackle. Young is not a surprise anymore. Those things combined, Young will be a challenge but it is a challenge I think the defense is ready for. All that said, in the two games last year the Titans only scored 3 touchdowns and 4 field goals on a bad defense. I don't think they are that scary. The Colts offense can put up these numbers in their sleep.
Don

Miami, FL

#17 Sep 13, 2007
Pa Leeeeze Rookie of the year? a passer?? smart???
None of the above.
Can you say eight in the box and good night.
Last year, right time, right place, the moon was in the seventh house and Jupiter was aligned with Mars, we were at our most banged up and at a low and still it took a 60 yard fg to win, not this year.
Ladies and Gentlemen of Tennessee let me introduce to you the defending Superbowl Champion Colts. Today we will show you just how Young Vince is.
IndyTom

Carmel, IN

#18 Sep 13, 2007
Give credit where credit is due. The Titans are on a hot streak, and beating good teams. VY is very good, and with a better bunch of receivers would be a more effective passer. And I much prefer the Titans to be our challengers than Jacksonville.

That said, let's not forget that the Titans have a lot more to deal with than the Colts do. How do you defend this offense? How do you move the ball against this young group of fast hitters?

Go Colts. What a great team we have.
Coltsalltheway

Troy, MI

#19 Sep 13, 2007
I'm from Tennessee and am calling a close game. I say close... but that still means the Colts winning the game :) Saddle UP!
Boilerguy

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Sep 13, 2007
T-titan wrote:
Does anyone know who pAyton is? Wasnt he on the Bears in the 80's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rob Bironas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Titans to honor Bironas on Sunday (Oct '14) Oct '14 Fred 1
News NFL Capsule: Titans at Bills (Oct '12) Oct '12 Plaxicoma 3
News Celebrity Column: Titans' Bironas works baton d... (May '11) May '11 Brett Favre 1
News NFL: Titans beat Jaguars 30-3 in battle of back... (Oct '10) Oct '10 LOL 1
News NFL Preview - San Diego (Dec '09) Dec '09 sungawd 1
News Good news for Patriots: Dolphins, Jets both lose (Dec '09) Dec '09 Dolfan 10
News Late field goal by Rob Bironas gives Titans 20-... (Nov '09) Nov '09 NW Hominid 2
More from around the web