Just getting it done

Just getting it done

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Just getting it done. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Even perfection can have scratches, dents and smudges. The 8-0 Tennessee Titans looked less than perfect for most of four quarters Sunday on a fall afternoon that could be described only as perfect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Arif

Plainfield, IL

#1 Nov 2, 2008
It's time the Bears step up on defense. It's amazing how poor many of our marquee Bears defensive players have played after getting their big pay days. Even though the Titans are a solid football team I still believe they are beatable. On offense they are virtually one dimensional with an excellent run game and a game managing quarterback. Time to stack 8 and 9 guys in the box to stop their 2 headed monsters, johnson and white. On offense we need another solid outing from Forte and by all accounts it seems Rex will be starting. Hopefully, he continues helps the Bears move the chains and limit the mistakes Rex.
beedubya

Holland, MI

#2 Nov 3, 2008
"Even though the Titans have good defensive backs, challenge them up top."

To provide a poor paraphrase of Buddy Ryan when told Jimmy Johnson was coming into the NFL, "(The NFL) ain't got no Troy States...ain't got no East Carolinas either."

Well, the Bears, "...ain't got no Donald Drivers or Greg Jennings...ain't got no Aaron Rodgers either."

I'll take Kerry Collins and his ball protection, pedestrian QB statistics any day over whatever Rex Grossman has to offer.

Early week prediction: Titans 40 Bears 3.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rob Bironas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Titans to honor Bironas on Sunday (Oct '14) Oct '14 Fred 1
News NFL Capsule: Titans at Bills (Oct '12) Oct '12 Plaxicoma 3
News Celebrity Column: Titans' Bironas works baton d... (May '11) May '11 Brett Favre 1
News NFL: Titans beat Jaguars 30-3 in battle of back... (Oct '10) Oct '10 LOL 1
News NFL Preview - San Diego (Dec '09) Dec '09 sungawd 1
News Good news for Patriots: Dolphins, Jets both lose (Dec '09) Dec '09 Dolfan 10
News Late field goal by Rob Bironas gives Titans 20-... (Nov '09) Nov '09 NW Hominid 2
More from around the web