Backups make Titans earn playoff berth

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Score one for the young and hungry making the Tennessee Titans fight for their playoff lives.
Comments
41 - 57 of 57 Comments Last updated Jan 3, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Marren wrote:
The thing that ticks me off is that as a fan, you expect that a home team will play to win. With ticket prices so high, you would have hoped that Indy would have appreciated the fans enough to make it a game. Instead they were only concerned about individual goals for Manning and Wayne which stinks. I rooted for you to beat the Pats last year, not this year-I hope you get beat in the first round. Lazy bums!!
Could be the reason why Tony has had a tough personal life....he does not care about many things!
THE REF

Greenwood, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Ken wrote:
<quoted text>If the Titans did not get a free pass...which the Browns never did....there would be no argument. Wake up show some guts and intelligence or don't post!
Stop whining Ken...you're sounding like a 5 year old.
THE REF

Greenwood, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Ken wrote:
<quoted text>Browns fans don't pick and change thir teams like clothes...and Cleveland as a city does not rob another city of their team....and Browns did not need to win Sunday either...but they play to win like men >>NOT Hoosier sissies
Whay a crybaby!!
Ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

blackhawk wrote:
well, sorgi looked pretty bad, but in his defense, the only guy he had to throw to was reggie-- for a little while. the o-line was subbed out, the recievers, the backs....
sorry, you just cant judge him on this one.
i trust polian, and if he thinks he can play, then he can.
as far as that steeler fan running off at the mouth, do you ever watch football? seems to me your qb was sitting too, no?
It is not that Polian thinks he can play..it probably is Manning and his huge ego doesn't want a decent backup behind him...DUH!
Ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

THE REF wrote:
<quoted text>
Fitting that a moron such as yourself...has a title REF....very fitting of an idiot
Ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

THE REF wrote:
<quoted text>
not whining ...stating fact.....Whining is when a coach that has a bye week coming up does not play in the spirit of the game by even trying to win...subs or not! I am shocked Dungy showed up ...probably was afraid of getting a cold in the indoor RCA DOME
Ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

THE REF wrote:
<quoted text>
Whay a crybaby!!
TRUE statement though...RIGHT! Browns at least have some class.
THE REF

Greenwood, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Why don't you say something intelligent? Something you can defend. Something factual. Anything....
ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

THE REF wrote:
Why don't you say something intelligent? Something you can defend. Something factual. Anything....
Listen Moron....the facts are your team played to lose...they played a regular season home game as if it was an exhibition game in Mexico City....they did not honor the spirit of the game....now you low iq fool ...what other facts do you need..???...should I bring up the fact that your coach did not even use all his timeouts at the end of this lay down game??????
Ron

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

What happened in the desire to WIN. Why is "rolloing over" for the Titans anything to smile about.Run up the score to win, and then ROLL OVER
THE REF

Greenwood, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Ken wrote:
<quoted text>not whining ...stating fact.....Whining is when a coach that has a bye week coming up does not play in the spirit of the game by even trying to win...subs or not! I am shocked Dungy showed up ...probably was afraid of getting a cold in the indoor RCA DOME
Face the facts, your team did not do enough on their own to qualify for the playoffs on their own and had to depend on someone else to do it for them. The Colts are under no obligation to play their starters all the time or at any time. This is not the first time this has happened and certainly will not be the last. If you can't recognize that-you're beyond hope so keep whining till next season.
THE REF

Greenwood, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

ken wrote:
<quoted text>Listen Moron....the facts are your team played to lose...they played a regular season home game as if it was an exhibition game in Mexico City....they did not honor the spirit of the game....now you low iq fool ...what other facts do you need..???...should I bring up the fact that your coach did not even use all his timeouts at the end of this lay down game??????
The whining is getting louder and louder. It's even starting to hurt my ears.
SLee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

ken wrote:
<quoted text>Listen Moron....the facts are your team played to lose...they played a regular season home game as if it was an exhibition game in Mexico City....they did not honor the spirit of the game....now you low iq fool ...what other facts do you need..???...should I bring up the fact that your coach did not even use all his timeouts at the end of this lay down game??????
Wow Ken...Wow. The players that were on the field on Sunday played to win. The Browns are useless. Nothing but an old toilet bowl joke these days. They should have beat the Bengals. If you have to rely on a team to lose to get into the playoffs. That you don't even have to win to get in, then you guys would have been blown out in the first round anyway. Get real Ken and keep hating on the champs.
Flamehead

Quito, Ecuador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Thanks, Colts, for resting your starters. Beating the Titans isn't a cakewalk and why take the chance that your players could get hurt when the game means nothing. Browns fans, quit yer bellyaching. You are out of the playoffs for a reason. Titans aren't below average, they are in the playoffs. Booyaah.
A Browns Backer

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

What a pile of crap.... The Colts laid down for a Divisional opponent at home, no less, with a full stadium waiting for Manning to come back in the 2nd half to dispatch the Titans...I lost all respect for Dungy to put in Sorgi and all the other 2nd teamers in so quick. The Giants played the Patiots strong when they didn't have to..The Cowboys played the Redskins strong when they didn't have to...I find it hard to believe the Steelers/Bengals or Ravens would do the same for the Browns in similar circumstances. I hope the Titans come back to beat your butt. Tony D. is weak. I hope the Browns play you soon..
A Browns Backer

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention, if the Colts are looking for a better backup at QB check with the Seahawks as Charlie Frye is heads and shoulders better than Jim Sorgi...
ColtsFanMaxx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

A Browns Backer wrote:
I hope the Titans come back to beat your butt.....I hope the Browns play you soon..
I doubt the Titans make it that far.
And, I'm sure the Browns and Colts will play sometime in the future. But, you won't like the result.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rob Bironas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Capsule: Titans at Bills (Oct '12) Oct '12 Plaxicoma 3
Celebrity Column: Titans' Bironas works baton d... (May '11) May '11 Brett Favre 1
NFL: Titans beat Jaguars 30-3 in battle of back... (Oct '10) Oct '10 LOL 1
NFL Preview - San Diego (Dec '09) Dec '09 sungawd 1
Good news for Patriots: Dolphins, Jets both lose (Dec '09) Dec '09 Dolfan 10
Late field goal by Rob Bironas gives Titans 20-... (Nov '09) Nov '09 NW Hominid 2
Titans rally to second straight victory, beatin... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Titans girl 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rob Bironas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••