Backups make Titans earn playoff berth

Score one for the young and hungry making the Tennessee Titans fight for their playoff lives. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
IndyHater

United States

#2 Dec 31, 2007
By the way. The headline is a farce, just like the game was.
devildawg542

Quantico, VA

#3 Dec 31, 2007
yo IndyHater, you is a pissed off mofo! Errbody know Peyton Manning don't give a dam bout what jo dumbaz thinks of him. Jo dumbaz just hatin cause the Bengals season was over in October. Errbody know Carson and Chad drive to Indy to watch Colts practice. Gol dam boy, errbody know dat.-samuel l.
Maxx

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2007
The Titans barely beat a Colts team who played backups for most of the game. Which shows that the Colts are deep in talented players who will contribute when needed.
And how Tennessee should be worried going into the playoffs.
Bob

Canaan, IN

#5 Dec 31, 2007
Indyhater. All your Brownies had to do was beat the lowly Bengals. Your team got tight around the collar. Maybe next. No need to come over here and hate on The World Champions. I like that name. I think we can do it again this year. Well see. I hope we get the Pats at Foxboro in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to shut them idiots up.
grover

New Palestine, IN

#6 Dec 31, 2007
In a year when the league has a shortage of decent quarterbacks, small wonder that Jim Sorgi has the presence of mind not to test the market. No doubt this consistently non-producing second-stringer will leave a legacy as one of the "best" backup quarterbacks in the NFL.
XFACTOR

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2007
Football without Manning, Reggie And Marvin is not very pretty. Colts and Indy fans need to prepare for the inevitable whether it be today or in the future! The team needs better back up players especially at quarterback!
Jerry from Franklin

Mount Vernon, OH

#8 Dec 31, 2007
Jim Sorgi should get down on his knees and thank God daily for allowing him to "hide" behind Peyton Manning..Sorgi got exposed badly last night that he is not even close to being an NFL quarterback. He is One lucky dude
Tom Jenkins

AOL

#9 Dec 31, 2007
The Indy Hater from Ohio doesn't know a damn thing about football. Just because the Browns did not get into the playoffs is there own fault. Winning the week before to an inferior Benbgals team would have gotten them in. The only gripe I have is why do they keep Sorgi around. I have yet to see him play a good game. I have been a Colt fan for over 50 years and the Colts have a good chance to repeat anjd I believe in Pollian and Dungy
Peyton

Wilmington, OH

#10 Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, that dude Sorgi SUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKS.

Colts fans...ask for a one game refund after that shameful display last night.
Tom Jenkins

AOL

#11 Dec 31, 2007
I want to clarify one thing. I believe in Pollian and Dungy except for one thing. Jim Sorgi. He was exposed last night. 68 yards passing.
Matte 41

Columbus, OH

#12 Dec 31, 2007
Sorgi must really look good in practice.
Steeler Fan

Strongsville, OH

#13 Dec 31, 2007
Nice nads Dungy...I hope the fact that you wanted to "rest" your starters comes back to haunt you. Play the game for crying out loud. It makes me sick to watch healthy players just sit there and watch a game that has playoff implications. You have an extra week off...they could have at least played the first half. I for one am glad the Browns are out because I think they could have done some damage in the playoffs. I hope we see you in a couple of weeks...if not, good luck getting past your second round opponent...you'll need it!!!
greenville fan

Greenville, NC

#14 Dec 31, 2007
First of all kudos to the 2nd team D,they earned it with some great play.The young linebackers and a couple of the Dbacks were awesome,playing against 1st string experienced Titan offense-very impressive.Darell Reid's hit was off the hook !! The Colts might want to look at getting a real NFL QB to back up Manning,'cause Sorgi literally could not complete a pass if his life depended upon it.On the other hand, the old man Kerry Collins was an example of a real NFL backup qb at work.Is Vince Young done for the playoffs? Bob Sanders really showed him the door last night,with some great hits on Vince after his scampers.Young was not impressive. The Colts can go far,and i am hoping that they will-GO COLTS!!!
paul

AOL

#15 Dec 31, 2007
you have got to be kidding!!!what nonsence. You guys should be ashamed at the way you gave this game to the no talent titans. Jim sorgi has no buisness in a nfl uniform any kind of qb play and you win. you could have had a chance at the end for a final few plays but your dad of the year HC let the clock run out. did he not see the giants pats game . you will pay for this , even john madden said it showed no integrity for the game.
MARC

Solon, OH

#16 Dec 31, 2007
THANKS ALOT COLTS. YOU QUIT THE GAME IN THE SECOND HALF BY PULLING YOUR STARTERS AND BASICALLY GAVE THE FANS A SECOND CLASS PERFORMANCE. BESIDES LETTING DOWN THE FANS, YOU COMPROMISED THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. YOU SHOULD OF BEATEN THE HAPPLESS TITANS AND THE BROWNS WHO ARE A BETTER TEAM SHOULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. CERTAINLY AN UNPROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE FROM A SUPPOSIVELY PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION. MAYBE THE NFL NEEDS TO CHANGE THE RULES AND ENSURE THE FIRST STRING PLAYS ATLEAST THROUGH THE THIRD QUARTER.
I HOPE YOU GET ELIMINATED IN THE FIRST ROUND AS PAY BACK FOR THIS DISGUSTING PERFORMANCE. DUNGY, THANKS ALOT FOR NOTHING!
Or it

Mount Gilead, OH

#17 Dec 31, 2007
Maxx wrote:
The Titans barely beat a Colts team who played backups for most of the game. Which shows that the Colts are deep in talented players who will contribute when needed.
And how Tennessee should be worried going into the playoffs.
Or it could show how below average the Titans are.
slow down

Mount Gilead, OH

#18 Dec 31, 2007
MARC wrote:
THANKS ALOT COLTS. YOU QUIT THE GAME IN THE SECOND HALF BY PULLING YOUR STARTERS AND BASICALLY GAVE THE FANS A SECOND CLASS PERFORMANCE. BESIDES LETTING DOWN THE FANS, YOU COMPROMISED THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. YOU SHOULD OF BEATEN THE HAPPLESS TITANS AND THE BROWNS WHO ARE A BETTER TEAM SHOULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. CERTAINLY AN UNPROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE FROM A SUPPOSIVELY PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION. MAYBE THE NFL NEEDS TO CHANGE THE RULES AND ENSURE THE FIRST STRING PLAYS ATLEAST THROUGH THE THIRD QUARTER.
I HOPE YOU GET ELIMINATED IN THE FIRST ROUND AS PAY BACK FOR THIS DISGUSTING PERFORMANCE. DUNGY, THANKS ALOT FOR NOTHING!
I am not a colts fan...but, if the Browns wanted in the Playoffs so badly, they should have beated the Bengals in week 16.
slow down

Mount Gilead, OH

#19 Dec 31, 2007
i meant BEATEN not beated...sorry
SuperMario22

Louisville, KY

#20 Dec 31, 2007
All of you Browns fans need to be quiet. Tony Dungy played the game the way he saw would benefit the Colts. We don't play to help out other teams. I agree that Dungy should have used that last timeout and not gave up. Also, Jim Sorgi SUCKS!!! He overthrew everyone except for Reggie Wayne(I could've done that) and Thorpe 2 times. The rest of the time...he was garbage. He gets paid $650,000 to do nothing. I expect to see at less ONE good drive but he barely even got a 1ST DOWN. I don't know why we kept passing...when it was obvious that Sorgi could complete a pass to anyone. I wish I had his job...Throw the ball where no one can catch it for 3 quarters.
blackhawk

Redmond, WA

#21 Dec 31, 2007
well, sorgi looked pretty bad, but in his defense, the only guy he had to throw to was reggie-- for a little while. the o-line was subbed out, the recievers, the backs....
sorry, you just cant judge him on this one.
i trust polian, and if he thinks he can play, then he can.
as far as that steeler fan running off at the mouth, do you ever watch football? seems to me your qb was sitting too, no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rob Bironas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Titans to honor Bironas on Sunday Oct '14 Fred 1
News NFL Capsule: Titans at Bills (Oct '12) Oct '12 Plaxicoma 3
News Celebrity Column: Titans' Bironas works baton d... (May '11) May '11 Brett Favre 1
News NFL: Titans beat Jaguars 30-3 in battle of back... (Oct '10) Oct '10 LOL 1
News NFL Preview - San Diego (Dec '09) Dec '09 sungawd 1
News Good news for Patriots: Dolphins, Jets both lose (Dec '09) Dec '09 Dolfan 10
News Late field goal by Rob Bironas gives Titans 20-... (Nov '09) Nov '09 NW Hominid 2
More from around the web