No Wildcat, and a mixed performace fr...

No Wildcat, and a mixed performace from Eagles' Vick

There are 9 comments on the Philly.com story from Aug 14, 2010, titled No Wildcat, and a mixed performace from Eagles' Vick. In it, Philly.com reports that:

First, there was yin, the deep ball laid out perfectly for Riley Cooper to catch in stride for 46 yards on the first play of the second quarter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

“Live and let live”

Since: Mar 10

New Jersey

#1 Aug 14, 2010
Vick did better than I expected last night but he still has a the same issues I had anticipated earlier. From the article:

Most of Vick's completions went for short gains, and he seemed more comfortable using his legs to bide time or pick up yardage rather than stay in the pocket and advance the offense on the timed routes of the West Coast offense.

Without the responsibility of being an every-down quarterback, though, Vick showed he isn't shy about leaning on his athleticism rather than reading, planting and throwing. His speed and elusiveness in the open field dare defensive players to abandon their assignments and pursue him.

His interception and two fumbles one recovered by the Jag's second string D is concerning.
tknowsbest

Atlanta, GA

#2 Aug 15, 2010
JERSEYTOMATO...DISAGREE..IT'S TOO EARLY AND YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I KNOW THE DEFENSE OF LINE MEN WERE CALAPSING ON HIM...ALSO YOU MUST NOTE, TALLER QBS GET AN EXTRA SECOND OR TWO BECAUSE THEY CAN SEE OVER THEIR OFFENSIVE LINE MEN EASIER..ALSO VERY IMPORTANT, TWO OF KOLBS PASSES WOULD'VE BEEN INTERCEPTED IF THE DEFENDERS WOULD HAVE HELD ON...REMEMBER VICKS 50 YARD BOMB WAS ON THE MONEY...VICK CAN BE VERY ACCURATE FOR LONG LENGTHS OF TIME WHEN HE HAS DECENT BLOCKING AND SETTLES DOWN...HIS UPSIDE MAKES UP FOR HIS DEFICIENCIES...HE MAY THROW AN INT ONE OR TWO OR FUMBLE HERE AND THERE...BUT TRUST ME...ONCE HE'S ON A ROLL, HE WILL MAKE UP FOR HIS MISTAKE DOUBLE FOLD...BEEN THERE, DONE THAT...YOU'LL SEE AS THE PRESEASON PROGRESSES...AS A MATTER OF FACT, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU SEE HIM OUT PLAY KOLB A TIME OR TWO..I SAY THIS BECAUSE VICK HAS A BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE THAN THE FALCONS HAD....

Since: Jan 08

Taylor, MI

#3 Aug 15, 2010
The CONVICK lost a fumble and threw an interception, his mistakes are already showing, no Super Bowl for this team ......hahahaha

“Live and let live”

New Jersey

#4 Aug 15, 2010
tknowsbest wrote:
JERSEYTOMATO...DISAGREE..IT'S TOO EARLY AND YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I KNOW THE DEFENSE OF LINE MEN WERE CALAPSING ON HIM...ALSO YOU MUST NOTE, TALLER QBS GET AN EXTRA SECOND OR TWO BECAUSE THEY CAN SEE OVER THEIR OFFENSIVE LINE MEN EASIER..ALSO VERY IMPORTANT, TWO OF KOLBS PASSES WOULD'VE BEEN INTERCEPTED IF THE DEFENDERS WOULD HAVE HELD ON...REMEMBER VICKS 50 YARD BOMB WAS ON THE MONEY...VICK CAN BE VERY ACCURATE FOR LONG LENGTHS OF TIME WHEN HE HAS DECENT BLOCKING AND SETTLES DOWN...HIS UPSIDE MAKES UP FOR HIS DEFICIENCIES...HE MAY THROW AN INT ONE OR TWO OR FUMBLE HERE AND THERE...BUT TRUST ME...ONCE HE'S ON A ROLL, HE WILL MAKE UP FOR HIS MISTAKE DOUBLE FOLD...BEEN THERE, DONE THAT...YOU'LL SEE AS THE PRESEASON PROGRESSES...AS A MATTER OF FACT, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU SEE HIM OUT PLAY KOLB A TIME OR TWO..I SAY THIS BECAUSE VICK HAS A BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE THAN THE FALCONS HAD....
I do remember his 46 yard completion on his first play in the game. It was a beauty. He hit the rookie Riley Cooper. He can be accurate. It's the inconsistency that troubles me. I just feel he needs more time to learn our offense. He takes a snap drops back looks for option A if it's not there he panics and runs or dumps the ball. We have so many weapons Vick needs to be able to execute options A,B, and C. His type of play doesn't flow with Reid's west coast offense. The team isn't built to be the Michael Vick show it's not well yeah he may loose possession a couple times but he'll make up for it. Vick was interviewed many times though out the game and he himself admitted he has a lot to learn and has been studying hours of film. He looked good out there. He looked about 2 seconds faster than last year. My issue with him as always been his ability to read his offense. Kolb played one quarter against the Jags starting D, didn't turn it over, spread the ball out, and put 6 points on the board. We'll see it's so hard to judge preseason.
tknowsbest

Turin, GA

#5 Aug 15, 2010
JERSEY, KOLB COULD'VE BEEN INTERCEPTED TWICE...FACE THE FACT...KOLB IS NO MIKE VICK...DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE KOLB WILL TAKE THE EAGLES TO TWO NFC TITLE GAMES IN HIS FIRST FIVE YEARS AS A STARTER AND ONE GAME BEING AN NFC TITLE GAME LIKE VICK DID?...IT'S POSSIBLE, BUT NOT PROBABLE...THE TRUE REALITY IS, KOLB HAS TO CATCH UP TO VICKS BODY OF WORK THAT VICK PRODUCED OVER THE LAST 6 YRS WITH THE FALCONS FOR HIM TO EVEN BE MENTIONED IN THE SAME BREATH AS VICK...PHILLY FANS DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT...KOLB HAS TO EARN HIS STRIPES...YOU PHILLY FANS WANT TO HAND IT TO HIM BECAUSE OF ONLY 2 GOOD 300 YARD GAMES WHICH IS LIKE A SMALL BLEEP IN THE BIG SCHEME OF THINGS..IF VICK PLAYED AS WELL AS HE DID DESPITE BEING OUT OF THE GAME FOR 2 YEARS..MAKE IT 3 BECAUSE THE WILDCAT CRAP DOESN'T COUNT(HE DOESN'T RUN THE OFFENSIVE AS A NATURAL QB WOULD)THEN HOW MUCH BETTER WOULD HE BE WITH OUT THE PRISON TIME...REMEMBER VICK COULD STILL START FOR ABOUT ATLEAST 15 OTHER TEAMS RIGHT NOW...HE'S BETTER W/ 2 YEARS JAIL RUST THAN..THE RAMS STARTING QB, THE BILLS, THE BRONCOS, THE DOLPHINS, THE BROWNS, THE JAGUARS, THE PANTHERS, THE CHIEFS, THE VIKINGS, THE BEARS CUTLER, THE LIONS, THE BUCCANEERS, THE RAIDERS, THE 49ERS, THE SEAHAWKS, THE CARDINALS, NOW WITH THE OTHER 15 TEAMS OR SO...HE CAN DEFINATELY COMPETE W/ THOSE QBS ONCE HE GETS MORE REPS AND ACCLIMATED BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS..REMEMBER VICK IS A 3 TIME PRO BOWLER, ONCE THE HIGHEST PAID, A FIRST ROUND NUMBER # 1 DRAFT PICK....YOU PHILLY FANS FORGET ALL OF THIS...THE VICK MAN CAN MOVE THE CHAINS CONSISTENTLY AND SUSTAIN DRIVES LIKE NO OTHER..IF VICK BODES WELL IN THE LAST 3 PRESEASON GAMES AND KOLB PLAY LOOKS MEDIOCRE, THERE WILL BE A QB CONTROVERSY..IF NOT THAT, A VICK TRADE WILL BE LOOMING SOON...DO YOU THINK THE WAY THE BILLS QB SITUATION LOOKED, THEY COULD EVEN STOMACH WATCHING THEIR PROSPECTS FOR A PRODUCTIVE FULL SEASON WITH THAT GARBAGE AT QB, LET ALONE THE OTHER 15 TEAMS MENTIONED ABOVE?.....

“Live and let live”

New Jersey

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Kolb could've been intercepted but wasn't is a strange argument. He wasn't that's the point. Vick did throw an interception and fumbled three times, one he recovered himself, two he lost the ball, one of those times it was was returned for 19 yards. In one quarter. If you want to knock Kolb for could haves you have to knock Vick for what actually happened.

Reid doesn't want a vet who is stuck in his ways and needs to be retaught. He wants a clean slate like he had with McNabb. He personally scouted Kolb 4 years ago. Like he did with Donovan at Syracuse. Andy likes to build qbs. Donovan went to 6 probowls and I'm sure I don't have to list the numerous titles he captured under Reid. Starting wasn't just handed to Kolb. He's been here for three years learning our offense and listening to Donovan who has undeniable success under Reid's program. Vick is the one who has to earn his stripes. Who do you think DeSean Jackson wants as his qb? Kolb who knows the plays and has been running drills longer or Vick who panics and runs it himself like his body of work shows? Kolb will go through growing pains like any young qb. If Vick out plays Kolb and starts great, who ever gets them farther. The better Vick plays this year the better trade options the Eagles will get for him. I think Reid picked him up last year because he knew Vick could still have what he had in Atlanta and there was little to no interest from elsewhere in the league. He got him cheap and put him in his back pocket for a year. Giving Vick a chance to sign with the a decent team and time to let the controversy die down. Figuring Vick will put up good numbers increasing his value and enabling the Birds to get a high draft pick for him to add even more depth to our young team. I don't think it's Reid's intention for Vick to be a starter for the Eagles because of the type of qb he is. He wants the most value for him. Vick would be better off on another team where they can build an offense around his strengths. And Andy knows this.
tknowsbest

Atlanta, GA

#7 Aug 15, 2010
JERSEY, YOU PRESENT A GOOD ARGUMENT AND I GIVE YOU THAT, HOWEVER, VICK DID HAVE TEAMS WILLING TO TAKE HIM LAST YEAR...HOWEVER IT WAS A TIMID REACTION LIKE WHO WILL STARE AND BLINK FIRST..EVERY TEAM THAT HAD INTEREST ONLY HELD BACK THINKING ABOUT THE PUBLIC REACTION PR BACKLASH ..IT HAD NOTHING TO DO W/ VICKS QB PLAYING PROWESS...AND HOW CAN YOU SAY VICK NEEDS TO PROVE ANYTHING ELSE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SHEDDING HIS 2 YR RUST...DID FAVRE HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING OR
CHRIS REDMAN FOR THE FALCONS OUT FOR 3 YRS BEFORE HE CAME BACK?...KOLB HAS TO EARN HIS WAY TO VICKS LEVEL...YOU GUYS ASSUME HE IS THERE...HE HASN'T WON WHAT VICK HAS WON AN NFC SOUTH TITLE OR MANY OTHER ACCOLADES VICK HAS ENJOYED,..NO 3 PROBOWLS, NO POST SEASON PLAY YET AND SO FORTH, SO YOUR ARGUMENT SOUNDS GOOD BUT IS FACTUALLY BASELESS EXCEPT FOR 2 OF KOLBS 300YARD GAMES WHICH COMPARES NOTHING TO VICK'S BODY OF WORK..YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING IS TRUE SO WHY GO OUT ON A LIMB AND DISPUTE THE OBVIOUS....
ALSO IF REIDS THINKING WAS NEVER TO START VICK WHICH REID DOESN'T TELL THE TRUTH AT TIMES, THEN WHY KOLB ONLY HAS A ONE YEAR EXTENDED CONTRACT?..PLEASE ANSWER THAT...IF LOOKS MORE LIKE A WAIT AND SEE APPROACH ON THE EAGLES PART..PLEASE EXPLAIN THE ONE YEAR EXTENTION IF KOLB IS THE QB FOR THE FUTURE....SOMETHING SOUNDS STRANGE DOESN'T IT...NOW WAITING FOR YOUR EXPLANATION!!!

“Live and let live”

New Jersey

#8 Aug 15, 2010
There are many reasons why Kolb was only signed for a year. Why would Andy sign him for longer before he's played for a full season if he doesn't have to? He could get hurt he could not work out. We have a couple high draft picks next year because of the McNabb trade, maybe he has his eye on someone coming out of college. Who knows? As you stated Reid plays his hand close to the vest. You shouldn't base your argument on that.

Let's just wait and see what happens. I just know Andy is stubborn and will always do what he wants to do. I can't tell you how many times Donovan got booed in Philly Reid doesn't give a sh*t. He never once pulled McNabb. He's knows more than us which is why he's the coach. Believe me if Vick is the best qb for the Eagles he will start. Same goes for Kolb.

Since: Jan 08

Taylor, MI

#9 Aug 17, 2010
always answers, COULD HAVE, ALMOST.....never says they won hahahahahahahaha, the Convick is a mess, total animal abuser GO Kolb!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riley Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Defiant Chip Kelly isn't changing anything desp... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts chips 1
News Eagles RB DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing in (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Philadelphia Eagles Position Breakdown: Wide Re... (Jul '15) Jul '15 tom wingo 2
News NFL Free Agents: Could Michael Vick re-sign wit... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Shadoz 1
News Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly earns prai... (Feb '14) Feb '14 genevalove 1
News The Eagles have exorcised their demons (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News 7 Moves Philadelphia Eagles Must Make This Offs... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Potato Chip 2
More from around the web