FSU's defense making offense look goo...

FSU's defense making offense look good -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 24 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 10, 2007, titled FSU's defense making offense look good -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Greg Carr broke for the sideline, looked over his shoulder and secured a long pass from Xavier Lee during the middle of Florida State's practice Thursday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Noles Roll

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2007
The Noles are Back and Ready to Rock and Role!!! Jeff is gone and things have changed. No more disorganization. No more confusion. I read where a player quit this week because the coach was too tough on him. The Seminole Nation Lives On!!! The Noles are back .... look out.
Noles Roll

United States

#2 Aug 10, 2007
The Noles are back and ready to Rock and Roll. Things have changed. A player quite this week because the coaches are too tough. Welcome to the re-birth of Nole football!!!! No more disorganization, no more confusion, no more wasted time. The Sun is shinnng once again on The Seminole Nation. The Noles are focus, organized, and ready to Roll!!! They're Back -- Watch Out
Go Noles

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Aug 10, 2007
That's right. We have always had the talent on the field, now we finally have the talent on the sidelines again. I'm sure the players have a lot more to say about the new coaches, but they are keeping quite because none of them want to feel the wrath of Bobby. The Noles are back!It's going to be a great year!!!
THE BIRD

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2007
Silly 'Noles.

Defenses typically develop much quicker than offenses. So the fact that your D is consistently getting burned for long yardage in practice is a good indication that opposing offenses will gash your porous D with ease.

4 losses minimum for FSU this year, on top of losing to the Mighty 'Canes.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Aug 10, 2007
THE BIRD wrote:
Silly 'Noles.
Defenses typically develop much quicker than offenses. So the fact that your D is consistently getting burned for long yardage in practice is a good indication that opposing offenses will gash your porous D with ease.
4 losses minimum for FSU this year, on top of losing to the Mighty 'Canes.
Bird, your post was right on until your last statement! I'm not a Nole fan but the Noles are head and shoulders above the Canes right now! The Canes don't stand a chance against the Noles this year! Make it 3 straight iver the Canes. You heard it here! And neither will win the ACC this year!
THE BIRD

United States

#6 Aug 10, 2007
fish wrote:
<quoted text>Bird, your post was right on until your last statement! I'm not a Nole fan but the Noles are head and shoulders above the Canes right now! The Canes don't stand a chance against the Noles this year! Make it 3 straight iver the Canes. You heard it here! And neither will win the ACC this year!
As Chris Rix was Mijami's MVP for many years, so Coker was FSU's. FSU is a perennial 4 loss team with senile Bobby at the helm. Miami will surprise a lot of people this year, rack up another 5+ win streak vs. the 'Noles, and dominate the ACC.

“Scalp' em!!”

Since: Apr 07

Sanford, FL

#7 Aug 10, 2007
THE BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
As Chris Rix was Mijami's MVP for many years, so Coker was FSU's. FSU is a perennial 4 loss team with senile Bobby at the helm. Miami will surprise a lot of people this year, rack up another 5+ win streak vs. the 'Noles, and dominate the ACC.
Dude...you are out of your freakin mind! UM doesn't have the horses yet to compete..maybe soon but not yet! Bobby's getting older, you're right but that's the best you can do is pick on the coach? Until UF loses, thet're still the best program in the country, God..did I just say that out loud? Anyway, you and your fellow Cane fans are in for a rough season...you're running your mouths way too much. You need to sit back, shut up, and hope for the best this season but I assure you, you won't be winning the ACC, you won't beat us, and you might...MIGHT I say...make it to a bowl other than Boise....

Write it down brother!
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Aug 13, 2007
THE BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Bird, I respect your opinion but what has Shannon done yet to prove he is what the Canes need to get back to where they were? You guys thought Coker was the answer too! We saw what happened to him! I'd be willing to wager that you don't dominate the ACC this year and don't have a 5+ game winning streak vs the Noles. You name the stakes.
THE BIRD

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2007
jrock4fsu wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...you are out of your freakin mind! UM doesn't have the horses yet to compete..maybe soon but not yet! Bobby's getting older, you're right but that's the best you can do is pick on the coach? Until UF loses, thet're still the best program in the country, God..did I just say that out loud? Anyway, you and your fellow Cane fans are in for a rough season...you're running your mouths way too much. You need to sit back, shut up, and hope for the best this season but I assure you, you won't be winning the ACC, you won't beat us, and you might...MIGHT I say...make it to a bowl other than Boise....
Write it down brother!
Interesting your comments re: "lack of horses" when just yesterday the Sentinel posted an article about how FSU players are short on effort. Yah, you would be the expert on lack of horses. You sound like a relatively smart fan so you must know that Miami's problems were between the ears.

And wow you're really into UF. Maybe FSU is ready to forfeit, but not Miami. We still own both of you and we still hold that State Champ trophy, remember son. We'll see how the Gators do this year with loss of talent and a fullback at QB.

Miami will shock a lot of people this year. Don't worry, I will humbly accept your apologies when all is said and done.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Aug 13, 2007
THE BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting your comments re: "lack of horses" when just yesterday the Sentinel posted an article about how FSU players are short on effort. Yah, you would be the expert on lack of horses. You sound like a relatively smart fan so you must know that Miami's problems were between the ears.
And wow you're really into UF. Maybe FSU is ready to forfeit, but not Miami. We still own both of you and we still hold that State Champ trophy, remember son. We'll see how the Gators do this year with loss of talent and a fullback at QB.
Miami will shock a lot of people this year. Don't worry, I will humbly accept your apologies when all is said and done.
Bird, I will remind you of this post half way through this season. Hope you will be ready to eat crow! And I will be ready to eat it as well if you are right! As far as the state champ is concerned, I don't know how you figure the U is the champ? You did lose to FSU and FSU lost to the Gators and the Gators are National Champs! The Canes didn't even end up ranked last season where the other 2 state schools did! And you want to talk QB's? Tebow will be just fine! On the other hand how can the Canes surprise anybody with the 2 Bozo's they have returning at QB? Long season for you guys again! Even with Shannon, who hasn't proven a thing as a head coach yet! But good luck! Don't be hiding come mid October my friend!
THEBIRD

United States

#11 Aug 13, 2007
fish wrote:
<quoted text>Bird, I will remind you of this post half way through this season. Hope you will be ready to eat crow! And I will be ready to eat it as well if you are right! As far as the state champ is concerned, I don't know how you figure the U is the champ? You did lose to FSU and FSU lost to the Gators and the Gators are National Champs! The Canes didn't even end up ranked last season where the other 2 state schools did! And you want to talk QB's? Tebow will be just fine! On the other hand how can the Canes surprise anybody with the 2 Bozo's they have returning at QB? Long season for you guys again! Even with Shannon, who hasn't proven a thing as a head coach yet! But good luck! Don't be hiding come mid October my friend!
Well there's big fish and little fish in this world, it is clear which you are. You lose credibility when you obviously do not even know about the Florida Cup, which Miami still holds and has never lost. State Champs until you take it away, l'il fish. Assuming UF doesn't back out of playing Miami in 2008 like they usually do.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Aug 13, 2007
THEBIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there's big fish and little fish in this world, it is clear which you are. You lose credibility when you obviously do not even know about the Florida Cup, which Miami still holds and has never lost. State Champs until you take it away, l'il fish. Assuming UF doesn't back out of playing Miami in 2008 like they usually do.
I'll tell you what Bird. You can keep your self proclaimed state title while we keep our National Championship trophy! And the Gators have never backed out of a contract to play UM, maybe they didn't renew a contract but never backed out! Just don't hide come the middle of October Bird! We will see who eats crow! We all know who has the best football program in the state and it's not the U lil' bird!
THE BIRD

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2007
fish wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you what Bird. You can keep your self proclaimed state title while we keep our National Championship trophy! And the Gators have never backed out of a contract to play UM, maybe they didn't renew a contract but never backed out! Just don't hide come the middle of October Bird! We will see who eats crow! We all know who has the best football program in the state and it's not the U lil' bird!
Where to begin. This is all too easy. Vintage "Gator Revisionist History" in the flesh, please keep posting.

1) The Florida Cup is state-sponsored not self-proclaimed.
2) Re: which program is best, which program has the most national titles? Thank you.
3) Re: Chicken Gators, look up the facts, minnow:

The Florida Times-Union, December 20, 1990, Section C, Page 1

The resumption of the college football series between Florida and Miami, a rivalry discontinued after the 1987 season, will not happen.
Florida officials said yesterday that the Gators will not play the Hurricanes in 1992 and 93, even though contracts have been signed for these years.

Bwok Bwok Bwok!
Chad

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#14 Aug 13, 2007
Silly argument. Series was dropped when SEC required teams to play an extra SEC game per year (and that game would be an even "trade" where UF would need to travel to opponent's field in an adjacent year for parity).
Florida, unlike any other school in the state, sells out all of it's home football games allowing a financial situation that is quite beneficial. Florida thereby had two games per year where we would pay the opponent 750,000 for them to travel to our stadium for a single stand alone game where reciprocity was not part of the contract.
It gave UF more home games per year and the profits that ensued. Would Miami play UF if EVERY year the game were held in Gainesville? No. Home field advantage is worth a few points and nobody should set themselves up for a deficit at kickoff.
Also, UF had THE TOUGHEST schedule last year and consistently ranks in the top 10. We play in a conference that is in the top 2 year after year.
If anyone is chicken, it's Bowden and his joining of the ACC. He admittedly reported years back that he'd never join the SEC as he grew up watching the games and has too much respect for the caliber of the conference.
FSU and Miami had fluke seasons last year, but will both lose 3 or more this year. Florida, I'm afraid, will do the same (still GoGators!)
THE BIRD

United States

#15 Aug 13, 2007
Chad wrote:
Silly argument. Series was dropped when SEC required teams to play an extra SEC game per year (and that game would be an even "trade" where UF would need to travel to opponent's field in an adjacent year for parity).
Florida, unlike any other school in the state, sells out all of it's home football games allowing a financial situation that is quite beneficial. Florida thereby had two games per year where we would pay the opponent 750,000 for them to travel to our stadium for a single stand alone game where reciprocity was not part of the contract.
It gave UF more home games per year and the profits that ensued. Would Miami play UF if EVERY year the game were held in Gainesville? No. Home field advantage is worth a few points and nobody should set themselves up for a deficit at kickoff.
Also, UF had THE TOUGHEST schedule last year and consistently ranks in the top 10. We play in a conference that is in the top 2 year after year.
If anyone is chicken, it's Bowden and his joining of the ACC. He admittedly reported years back that he'd never join the SEC as he grew up watching the games and has too much respect for the caliber of the conference.
FSU and Miami had fluke seasons last year, but will both lose 3 or more this year. Florida, I'm afraid, will do the same (still GoGators!)
Please don't try to rewrite history.

In 87 UF could have kept Miami on the schedule. UF justified dropping the 'Canes in order to schedule another school outside of the south, improve recruiting, etc. We all know how that ended up, the Gators play the most regional schedule in the country.

It's just coincidence that UF started getting cute with the scheduling once Miami came to power.

“Scalp' em!!”

Sanford, FL

#16 Aug 13, 2007
THE BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Where to begin. This is all too easy. Vintage "Gator Revisionist History" in the flesh, please keep posting.
1) The Florida Cup is state-sponsored not self-proclaimed.
2) Re: which program is best, which program has the most national titles? Thank you.
3) Re: Chicken Gators, look up the facts, minnow:
The Florida Times-Union, December 20, 1990, Section C, Page 1
The resumption of the college football series between Florida and Miami, a rivalry discontinued after the 1987 season, will not happen.
Florida officials said yesterday that the Gators will not play the Hurricanes in 1992 and 93, even though contracts have been signed for these years.
Bwok Bwok Bwok!
WOW!!!

Stats boy...you are the man! To respond to your statement about me really liking UF...ahhhh..NO! I just have to give credit...right now...where credit may be due. UF's NC was won with poor Zook's recruits...and they did win big last year against the Buckeyes...overrated Buckeyes or not, OSU was dominated on both sides of the ball and UF came to play! As I have said in may posts on these forums, both UM and FSU are in a position to be much improved this year, not NC strength, but much improved. I think that both programs have made the right moves in bringing in coaches that can develop these kids into excellent players and hopefully into responsible men...fingers crossed. Do I think that either program has a shot at a NC this year...well even the sun shines on a dogs A$$ every once and a while, but I don't think 07 is the year. At FSU we're implementing a brand new offense, have no clear starter at QB, and Rick Trickett is scaring off all of the fat linemen we've had from the JB era so I'm hoping for a sold season with some convincing wins to shut Clemson and Tarheel fans up for a while. You guys in Coral Gables have some challenges as well. New head coach...all be it a motivator...I just think that it may take a season to get everyone on the same page...but that's as far as I'm gonna go. You sound like the Cane expert so I'll let you take that one. Anyway...I just wish Aug 30th would get here...I'm getting sick of Gridiron Greats and Shark Week reruns.

Go Noles!!!

“Scalp' em!!”

Sanford, FL

#17 Aug 13, 2007
Chad wrote:
Sorry Chadwick...you're wrong. Both UF and UGA voted against FSU joining the SEC due to recruiting. Both schools did'nt want to compete against FSU in recruiting in the same conference because FSU was having so much success during that era, both schools were concerned that with the success in recruiting FSU was having being an Independent, they were going to rake in even more kids for belonging in the SEC... and "THAT"S THE FACT JACK"
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

State College, PA

#18 Aug 13, 2007
Miami has always been a dominant school. They may get cocky and it gets very very annoying but they are a very good program. Rivalry games are always tough. I want FSU to play a good Miami team. I'm not sure how good the Canes are this year. I am just happy that the Seminoles are getting a great coaching staff. Its been heartbreaking having a fine squad and not being able to reap the results. Go Noles. Beat the Canes and Gators.
LMP Student

San Antonio, TX

#19 Aug 13, 2007
to be honest. i think the bird is just plain old retarded. miami wil take at least 2 more seasons mefore they are back on the map. the fsu miami game wont be a close game this year. its gonna be a 20pt fsu win. dude. you gotta get out of the 80's and 90's. UM is done and gone. right now uf is the best florida team but in my opinion fsu will be after this season. i dont like tebow. but thats beside the point bird your ridiculous. so shut up
THE BIRD

United States

#20 Sep 5, 2007
fish wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Nole fan but the Noles are head and shoulders above the Canes right now! The Canes don't stand a chance against the Noles this year! Make it 3 straight iver the Canes. You heard it here!
Good stuff, wonder if Mr. fish still feels this way after the drubbing Clemson gave FSU Monday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Spot on, fish! Any more predictions? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Goodman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turner trying not to let heat get to him (Oct '12) Oct '12 Hkyman52 1
News KR/PR Roscoe Parrish Signs With the Oakland Rai... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Neo Sporin 5
News Dave Hyde: Unlike FSU and UF, UM stays off poli... (May '09) Jun '09 Fish 284
News Richard Goodman of Florida State University fac... (May '09) Jun '09 Meh 2
News Florida State WR Richard Goodman arrested after... (May '09) Jun '09 ART DECO MAN 37
News Florida State delays start of spring football p... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Austin 3
News FSU suspends 5 players for Boston College game (Nov '08) Nov '08 Thug U 21
More from around the web