Paralysis, loss of leg for gunshot victim Collier

The day Richard Collier was shot, his sister went to see him after surgery. He was hooked up to a ventilator and heavily sedated. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JaxJb

AOL

#47 Sep 30, 2008
To Rambo5254 -- I live in Jacksonville and the story that has been reported is that he and another Jaguar player were at a club, left with 2 women to follow them home so the women could drop their car off, and that's where he was shot..so yes, unfortunately it was over a girl.

At this time, they have no suspects. The Jaguars are offering a $25,000 reward.

It really is a shame. He's a hard working guy who has had to fight for everything he's ever gotten -- and now something (football) that is SO very important to him..is over.

“Clinging to 'em since 1776”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#48 Sep 30, 2008
Oh, sure, I bet he was shot with a legally owned hand gun by an otherwise law-abiding contributing member of society.

Ummm

NOT!
Yo Gun wrote:
Handgun violence in the Gunshine State. We love our handguns they are our friends.....

“Clinging to 'em since 1776”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#49 Sep 30, 2008
CORRECTION: ...shot ~with~ (not by) a legally owned handgun...
Birds

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50 Sep 30, 2008
I'll bet you it was birdwatching. There are several night birds in Northern Florida that have lovely, warbling songs and then, of course, as it gets closer to dawn there are early songbirds that are awake and trilling before dawn and I'm sure that must have been what it was all about. He was up and out very early to hear and see the Florida songbirds, bless his nature loving heart.
numb nutz

Atlanta, GA

#52 Sep 30, 2008
bad drug deal.no becuase this makes enough to pay for his drugs,a hit dont make me laugh,hitman only need one shot and wouldnt be alive still,a robbery maybe but then wouldnt they have stolen somthing.only a few ways someone could be angry enough to shoot you 14 times.the triangle is one of them.
Rambo5254

United States

#55 Sep 30, 2008
JaxJb wrote:
To Rambo5254 -- I live in Jacksonville and the story that has been reported is that he and another Jaguar player were at a club, left with 2 women to follow them home so the women could drop their car off, and that's where he was shot..so yes, unfortunately it was over a girl.
At this time, they have no suspects. The Jaguars are offering a $25,000 reward.
It really is a shame. He's a hard working guy who has had to fight for everything he's ever gotten -- and now something (football) that is SO very important to him..is over.
Hate to burst your bubble, but just because he left the club with a friend and 2 women to drop off the women's car still doesn't mean it was over a woman. I'm not saying it "wasn't" over a woman, but at this point it's all speculation.

My prayers go out to he & his family.
Sports Fan Al

United States

#56 Sep 30, 2008
And to continue to speculate is our purpose and function, I agree that this was a targeted attack, mostly at this poor guys jewels that kind of anger and hatred has to come from some type of lust scenario gone wrong what will passenger exjag player reveal, or is he just glad to still be alive?
quick comment

Hollywood, FL

#57 Sep 30, 2008
The cops will get them.
I know that.
They will pay for this coward act.
I don't know that.
quick comment

Hollywood, FL

#58 Sep 30, 2008
i need meat wrote:
I am sure the cops have checked out all aquaintances of the girls, so something tells me it was not a boyfriend. Maybe just a sick individual that gets off on shooting people. They are everywhere. Could have been a gang member, a radical muslim, or just some guy he woke up waiting in the car with loud rap playing. Do you know how many times I wanted to shoot my neighbors. Some people have nothing to live for and do not care who they hurt. I really do not think this guy was a bad person. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It happens everyday.
neighbors....run !!!
so what

Lake Worth, FL

#59 Sep 30, 2008
what turd did you fall on (c)rap music gives punk ass nargers the bolls to act like this send em back on a raft obama is the anti christ
So Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not like rap music, but just because a club plays rap music doesn't mean that someone is going to get shot. I have been out at 2 something in the morning plenty of times at clubs that play rap music and nothing has ever happened. I do agree that the people you surround yourself with plays a major role.
BRAINLESS COMMENTS

AOL

#60 Sep 30, 2008
How about these two girls set these football players up to get robbed. It would not be ther first time. It is sad but apparently if you have any fame and appear to have any money you cannot meet people at random, it is just not safe. And Look at Sean Taylor in Miami, it was his own distant family that killed him in his own home. Black on black crime! Wake up Black America, take responsibility for the black thugs that are killing all your prosperous black citizens.
TOOBADSOOSAD wrote:
Either a drug deal gone bad or he got caught banging someones wife.14 shots, sounds like revenge.
You play you pay.
Bang Bang
Chop Chop
JaxJb

AOL

#61 Sep 30, 2008
Rambo5254 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to burst your bubble, but just because he left the club with a friend and 2 women to drop off the women's car still doesn't mean it was over a woman. I'm not saying it "wasn't" over a woman, but at this point it's all speculation.
My prayers go out to he & his family.
whatever...think what you want.

“YES IT'S ME AGAIN!”

Since: May 08

BACK 2 PLAYIN TENNIS!

#62 Oct 1, 2008
so what wrote:
what turd did you fall on (c)rap music gives punk **** nargers the bolls to act like this send em back on a raft obama is the anti christ<quoted text>
Really? So what music is telling white kids to beat homeless people, stab their friends in middle school bathrooms and kill their mothers for money to buy their girlfriends breast implants? Newsflash most of us were born here. The only raft I have ever been was at the water park.

Since: May 07

Earth

#63 Oct 1, 2008
i need meat wrote:
<quoted text>yes honey it was. you think the great masterpiece of life was just a fluke. it was thought out very meticuously. don't think I spelled that right. just look how a man and woman's body is built for sex,and the orgasm and child that follows.this is a master plan. it is just to well put together.
We need to throw a net over you while we still
can.

:(
Sympathetic

United States

#64 Oct 1, 2008
This poor guy. I feel sorry for him. It's hard enough for anyone to be paralyzed, but for a guy that was athletic this will be very tough for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Collier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Vick doesn't deserve an award for courage (Dec '09) Apr '11 Vick Fan 45
Paralyzed Jaguars lineman Richard Collier endur... (Dec '08) Jan '10 Tyrone Hinton 6
Jaguars' Collier, partially paralyzed following... (Dec '08) Jan '10 Angel 3
Shooter of Jaguar receives life term (Jan '10) Jan '10 Angel 1
Trial for alleged Jags player shooter (Oct '09) Oct '09 mwgfret 1
High hopes sacked (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bears fan in DC 2
Jaguars Down and Out Heading into Monday Night ... (Nov '08) Dec '08 Riverside Rob 9
More from around the web