Paralysis, loss of leg for gunshot vi...

Paralysis, loss of leg for gunshot victim Collier

There are 55 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 30, 2008, titled Paralysis, loss of leg for gunshot victim Collier. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The day Richard Collier was shot, his sister went to see him after surgery. He was hooked up to a ventilator and heavily sedated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yo Gun

United States

#1 Sep 30, 2008
Handgun violence in the Gunshine State. We love our handguns they are our friends.....
GoodLuck

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Sep 30, 2008
I wish him a speedy recovery and that he move forward in life with a positive attitude.

“Truth, Justice, & American Way”

Since: Sep 07

Fort Lauderdale

#3 Sep 30, 2008
Another drug deal gone bad.

We need some drug control laws to stop this senseless drug violence.
Elbee

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Sep 30, 2008
Criminal activity in the Sunshine State. We care for our criminals, they are our friends..... mustn't put them in jail...
Miami Beach Police

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 30, 2008
Jags will list him as questionable for Sundays Game.

Thank God he was not Cuban.
A1ACharles uber alles

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Sep 30, 2008
14? That is vindictive. Who the hell stands there and pumps 14 bullets into someone?

Had to be a hit.
joker

Hollywood, FL

#7 Sep 30, 2008
nothing good happens at 2 something in the morning...so sad!!!
Bullshark

Hialeah, FL

#8 Sep 30, 2008
Miami Beach Police wrote:
Your soul is in troubled waters...
TOOBADSOOSAD

United States

#9 Sep 30, 2008
Either a drug deal gone bad or he got caught banging someones wife.14 shots, sounds like revenge.
You play you pay.

Bang Bang
Chop Chop
Questioning motives

Rochester, NY

#10 Sep 30, 2008
No one knows the full story behind this shooting, however, to be cruel and thoughtless when it comes to this man's injuries is unforgivable.

What has happened to loving-kindness and fellow feeling for another's pain and/or misfortune. Due to someone else's uncaring and unfeeling attitude, Mr. Collier's life has changed dramatically.

Think about how you or I would react or feel if that happened to a member of our family.

Love of neighbor is losing to the cold and hearless...
Questioning motives

Rochester, NY

#11 Sep 30, 2008
No one knows the full story behind this shooting, however, to be cruel and thoughtless when it comes to this man's injuries is unforgivable.
What has happened to loving-kindness and fellow feeling for another's pain and/or misfortune. Due to someone else's uncaring and unfeeling attitude, Mr. Collier's life has changed dramatically.
Think about how you or I would react or feel if that happened to a member of our family.
Love of neighbor is losing to the cold and heartless...
West Hollywood Dissident

Hollywood, FL

#13 Sep 30, 2008
As Jim Mandich says: "That triangle area between a womans legs is the most expensive piece of real estate anywhere".
Hope he recovers the ability to walk again, and lead a normal life.
Roe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Sep 30, 2008
Miami Beach Police wrote:
You are a disgusting individual. Doesn't matter what the reason is for the shooting, he is a human being. You creep.
JaxJB

AOL

#15 Sep 30, 2008
This is such a sad story...just another case of the animals that society allows to prey upon people...this guy was shot 14 times..over a girl...now at 26 his football life, something he has fought hard for is over.
Very sad.
Thieves

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Sep 30, 2008
At 2:45 am, either he was waiting for ho's or drugs. Unfortunately, when you play with scum, stuff like this happens. Maybe he'll go to schools when he recovers, and tell the young black youth not to screw up their lives like he did.
Phoenix

AOL

#17 Sep 30, 2008
So glad I left South Florida after reading all these rude and hurtful comments left by you lowlifes...Karma sucks...so watch out..what goes around comes around.

Since: May 07

Earth

#18 Sep 30, 2008
joker wrote:
nothing good happens at 2 something in the morning...so sad!!!
Depends on where you are at and who you are with. If one chooses an establishment where the style is pants falling off with ridiculous sideways kiddie caps, replete with
"Back that B u T t up" music, then
there should be no surprise when something very bad happens.

I have been out countless time at that hour and never seen or heard of anyone getting shot, but then I do not listen or frequent places where
(C)rap music is the order of the day.

These people are reaping what they
have sown.

:(

“YES IT'S ME AGAIN!”

Since: May 08

BACK 2 PLAYIN TENNIS!

#19 Sep 30, 2008
bugs bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on where you are at and who you are with. If one chooses an establishment where the style is pants falling off with ridiculous sideways kiddie caps, replete with
"Back that B u T t up" music, then
there should be no surprise when something very bad happens.
I have been out countless time at that hour and never seen or heard of anyone getting shot, but then I do not listen or frequent places where
(C)rap music is the order of the day.
These people are reaping what they
have sown.
:(
You may not like rap music, but just because a club plays rap music doesn't mean that someone is going to get shot. I have been out at 2 something in the morning plenty of times at clubs that play rap music and nothing has ever happened. I do agree that the people you surround yourself with plays a major role.
Stop The Violence

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Sep 30, 2008
Why does everyone assume its drugs? Do you think a man who has to take regular drug tests for his career would be out buying drugs at 2 in the morning? It could have just been a random shooting or a botched robbery, he was probably in a nice car. May he make a full recover, get well.

Stop the gun violence in Florida.
Deputy Dog

Altamonte Springs, FL

#25 Sep 30, 2008
Hang in there Richard, our prayers are with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Collier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Vick doesn't deserve an award for courage (Dec '09) Apr '11 Vick Fan 45
News Paralyzed Jaguars lineman Richard Collier endur... (Dec '08) Jan '10 Tyrone Hinton 6
News Jaguars' Collier, partially paralyzed following... (Dec '08) Jan '10 Angel 3
News Shooter of Jaguar receives life term (Jan '10) Jan '10 Angel 1
News Trial for alleged Jags player shooter (Oct '09) Oct '09 mwgfret 1
News High hopes sacked (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bears fan in DC 2
News Jaguars Down and Out Heading into Monday Night ... (Nov '08) Dec '08 Riverside Rob 9
More from around the web