Local News - Durant, Collier Arrested, Left Off Travel Squad

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Jaguars rookie linebacker Justin Durant and second-year offensive tackle Richard Collier were arrested in separate incidents early Saturday, and neither made the trip to New Orleans.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frank

Macclenny, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Here we go Jaguars ... Here we go
robert

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

All these excuses are going nowhere. Jack Del Rio
is not, I repeat not, Super Bowl material. How
much longer is Wayne Weaver going to put up with
this? Del Rio would be job hunting if he coached
for Jerry Jones owner of the Cowboys or anyone
else with a winning atmosphere.
geez

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

How sad to hear comentators on national television put down our team and our city for "to many arrest of our football players!" Come on Jags put up or shut up!! Clean up this team or move them out!! If these grown men can't abide by the law then get rid of them...why are you paying these big pay checks to thugs!! YOU are representing OUR CITY!! All teams win some and lose some...that's fine...but not all teams have so many arrest in one year. Time to clean house!!
Solly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

geez wrote:
How sad to hear comentators on national television put down our team and our city for "to many arrest of our football players!" Come on Jags put up or shut up!! Clean up this team or move them out!! If these grown men can't abide by the law then get rid of them...why are you paying these big pay checks to thugs!! YOU are representing OUR CITY!! All teams win some and lose some...that's fine...but not all teams have so many arrest in one year. Time to clean house!!
They represent what our city is becoming fairly well I believe.
Duke

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Excuses? Half your team is either in jail or waiting to go. The other half plays like sheet. The Jags were playing like crap before this game, they squeaked a win in tampa and they got thier AZZes handed to them in New Orleans, which was the worst team in the NFL until today. Keep it up Jax, you are the Saints favorite team right now. Now you have a great fan base, in New Orleans. Stay there and become the Saints Dummy Defense.
Hang them all

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

I sincerely cannot wait until I can laugh and say I told you so when this team and all of the dregs of society it employs packs up and moves to Los Angeles.
The minority of people in this town keep wanting everybody to buy tickets....for what? I know that I am not throwing my money away to watch a bunch of thugs play touchy feely with each other and jump all over a ball. Mr. Weaver needs to clean up this mess called the Jaguars or sell the team to someone that can.
The Jaguars are starting to look like the Bengals of last year. Can you say Los Angeles Jaguars???
Anonymous

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Solly wrote:
<quoted text>
They represent what our city is becoming fairly well I believe.
I agree.
David

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Collier was sleeping in his car,not driving.Since when is it illegal to sleep in your car?I would rather have him sleeping than driving.
Time For An Audit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

These coaches and players are paid a fortune because they are allegedly extra tough. Com'on...a measly couple of players go to jail, another is caught taking drugs, a couple more got DUI's or something?

SHAKE IT OFF...THINK OF THE MONEY!
Time For An Audit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Jacksonville needs a good swap meet. There aren't any good ones here. The stadium would be perfect. A swap meet every weekend just might make more money that the Jaguars bring in. At least it would get used 104 times a year instead of 10.
been there

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

You know we never had these issues when Tom Coughlin was here. I think the lack of discipline shown by the players is a direct reflection on Jack Del Rio as a coach. I remember when Coughlin was coach he fined a player for being late to practice, who had been in a traffic accident. The player of course caused the accident speeding to get to practice. I remember a bunch of people whining about how unfair Coughlin was to the player. Now you have the opposite, hope you guys are happy.
Todd
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

David wrote:
Collier was sleeping in his car,not driving.Since when is it illegal to sleep in your car?I would rather have him sleeping than driving.
Um, He was sleeping in his car at a McDonald's drive-thru with a BAC over .08
Todd
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

robert wrote:
Agree
WANDA FROM JACKSONVILLE

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

robert wrote:
THAT'S FUNNY....I DIDN'T SEE WHERE JACK DEL RIO GOT ARRESTED...SO WHY IS THE LOSS HIS FAULT??????
Re-Plant

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

Come on...you guys are way too rough on the Team. These guys are going to tell us how sorry they are and then tell us they found religion and everything will be forgotten and most likely that will be the end of it.
Richard West

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

This behavior should not be tolerated!!Not only has there irresponsible actions cost the team, it also sends a bad message to young people who look up to them. They should clean house!!There are a lot of talented players just waiting for a chance.Get rid of these loosers!!!
alrightythen

Chapel Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

EXCUSES!!!
I am tired of seeing these thugs get paid even though they continue to violate company policy (by breaking team rules, taking banned supplements, etc) and break the law. And they're not learning from each others' mistakes - it keeps happening more and more! Why do these guys in the "entertainment industry" get paid so much more than teachers, firefighters, police, etc (who by the way would lose their job the FIRST time they violated company policy or got arrested)?
STEVE

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

WANDA FROM JACKSONVILLE wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S FUNNY....I DIDN'T SEE WHERE JACK DEL RIO GOT ARRESTED...SO WHY IS THE LOSS HIS FAULT??????
I guess you see whole nfl teams getting fired everyday dont you?
Targander

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

So thats why they lost, becaus they were so upset over two of their players getting arrested?
been there

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

David wrote:
He was passed out in the McDonalds drive through with the car running. The only reason he was not moving is he passed out while sitting in the drive through. To be drunk and in physical possession of a vehicle, being in the driver's seat with engine running, is DUI in Florida whether you move five feet or none. I would rather him use his six figure paycheck to call a cab or a buddy to give him a ride home. Maybe he can call you to drive him home, or better yet, since you know the law so well, you can represent him in court for free. Do your research first, it is better to have everyone think your a foll than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richard Collier Discussions

Search the Richard Collier Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Michael Vick doesn't deserve an award for courage (Dec '09) Apr '11 Vick Fan 45
Paralyzed Jaguars lineman Richard Collier endur... (Dec '08) Jan '10 Tyrone Hinton 6
Jaguars' Collier, partially paralyzed following... (Dec '08) Jan '10 Angel 3
Shooter of Jaguar receives life term (Jan '10) Jan '10 Angel 1
Trial for alleged Jags player shooter (Oct '09) Oct '09 mwgfret 1
High hopes sacked (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bears fan in DC 2
Jaguars Down and Out Heading into Monday Night ... (Nov '08) Dec '08 Riverside Rob 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••