Tracy Porter's Super Bowl XLIV pick New Orleans Saints' defining moment of 2009 season

Feb 14, 2010 Full story: Times-Picayune

Times-Picayune reporters Nakia Hogan and Mike Triplett and columnists John DeShazier and Jeff Duncan select the play they believe was the defining moment of the New Orleans Saints ' 2009 Super Bowl season.

Full Story
George McLellan

Pensacola, FL

#1 Feb 14, 2010
Several angles of the block by Will Smith on Manning during Porters interception return have been shown on the NFL channel this week. These have been played over many times during the week.

One angle in particular clearly shows Smiths right hand on Mannings right upper arm muscle and his left hand on Mannings right shoulder blade.

This is an obvious block in the back by Smith.

Apparently none of the refs saw this and it happened in a split second. So although technically it happened --officialy it did not.

But the surprising thing is that no one has noticed this ??? No one has commented on it ???

Since: Oct 08

New Orleans, LA

#2 Feb 15, 2010
George McLellan wrote:
Several angles of the block by Will Smith on Manning during Porters interception return have been shown on the NFL channel this week. These have been played over many times during the week.
One angle in particular clearly shows Smiths right hand on Mannings right upper arm muscle and his left hand on Mannings right shoulder blade.
This is an obvious block in the back by Smith.
Apparently none of the refs saw this and it happened in a split second. So although technically it happened --officialy it did not.
But the surprising thing is that no one has noticed this ??? No one has commented on it ???
Aww will you stop crying and except the fact we kick their ass. You want the int back ok take it back you still won't win besides, it was supposed to be a blow out by the Colts anyway. It's fools like you that make this victory so, so sweet.
George McLellan

Pensacola, FL

#3 Feb 15, 2010
Q-ROCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww will you stop crying and except the fact we kick their ass. You want the int back ok take it back you still won't win besides, it was supposed to be a blow out by the Colts anyway. It's fools like you that make this victory so, so sweet.
Q-ROCK ---you are the fool --where did you learn your reading comprehension. You obviously are lacking in that area. You did not understand a damn thing I said.
I am a 43 year Saints fan --- I have missed exactly two of their games in all these years. My article was written to ask the question why has the NFL and their officials not recognized their mistake and admitted to it. That is a coverup and as a Pro football fan I do not excuse bad officiating.
The next time they make a bad call against the Saints I am sure you will be cussing loud enough for everyone to hear, They should be held to task for every bad call no matter who it is against.

Since: Oct 08

New Orleans, LA

#4 Feb 17, 2010
George McLellan wrote:
<quoted text>
Q-ROCK ---you are the fool --where did you learn your reading comprehension. You obviously are lacking in that area. You did not understand a damn thing I said.
I am a 43 year Saints fan --- I have missed exactly two of their games in all these years. My article was written to ask the question why has the NFL and their officials not recognized their mistake and admitted to it. That is a coverup and as a Pro football fan I do not excuse bad officiating.
The next time they make a bad call against the Saints I am sure you will be cussing loud enough for everyone to hear, They should be held to task for every bad call no matter who it is against.
This is the biggest game of the year and you want the biggest play of the year to be called back because of what appears to be a block in the back.....are you kidding me man!! You sound like a Colts fan then a Saints fan....oh, and as for bad calls going against the Saints? been happening all year for many, many years. Now it's our turn........WHO DAT!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Winners, losers: Did Rodgers kiss MVP goodbye? 4 hr Hell On Earth 30
Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts Dec '14 Bruce 6
Everyone, even Colts fans, should pull for Peyton (Jan '14) Jan '14 Janitor 4
Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals live ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Denver 1
Dolphins stop Colts comeback (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joc Strap 3
Colts use Luck's feet to get past... (Sep '13) Sep '13 1 Raider Nation 1
Heyward-Bey ready to take chance against Oakland (Sep '13) Sep '13 The Autumn Wind 12
More from around the web