Manning is back, loaded for Bears

Manning is back, loaded for Bears

There are 28 comments on the ChicagoSports.com story from Aug 26, 2008, titled Manning is back, loaded for Bears. In it, ChicagoSports.com reports that:

After having missed 35 practices, three exhibition games and thousands of throws this summer, the king returned to his throne Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ChicagoSports.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Da Bearss

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Peyton, baby! Why rush things? You need to ease your way back into this thing. Week 2 is plenty soon enough for your return. You can't be too careful, you know.
Mike

Kent, WA

#2 Aug 27, 2008
He wants to keep his career consecutive starts stat in place. Besides, its on national TV and against who else; Chicago.
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 27, 2008
hi, my name is Peyton...i see all the press and love Brady gets with his drama team over there in New England, always being coy and uh...yeah, i wanna be like Brady too!

again, i live in the craphole known as Indy...and i see this dq stuff every...single...day. i'm personally sick of it. between the aw the WINDOW(they call it a roof, ha) is getting on the new stadium, to the pitty me pitty me stuff the city is making on the injuries...to the manning fiasco. he's lying and just being a drama queen. who cares if he's hurt or not, if the bears dont apply pressure(and play it safe)...they lose. pretty simple. smash through the line(saturday is also hurt) and smack manning back to the barn where he was spawned. let him drop back(as with ANY qb) and get time...he'll lead the team to victory. 23-21, Bears...
John

United States

#4 Aug 27, 2008
Let the Bears demise begin!! I predict the score will be 31-7.
Mike

Kent, WA

#5 Aug 27, 2008
John wrote:
Let the Bears demise begin!! I predict the score will be 31-7.
More like 49-3!

Since: Nov 07

Glenmont, NY

#6 Aug 27, 2008
I predict a close game with Kyle Orton leading the Bears on a game winning drive!! Yeah thats right!!

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#7 Aug 27, 2008
No_More_Rexcuses wrote:
I predict a close game with Kyle Orton leading the Bears on a game winning drive!! Yeah thats right!!
I predict that Kyle will do very well, but the Defense will ultimately blow it due to missed tackles & stupid penalties.

Fuggit, GO BEARS!
Midway Monstah

Montgomery, AL

#8 Aug 27, 2008
I predict Manning will only play 2 or 3 series...the bears will have sacked him twice picked him once and The Colts will pull him to avoid possible injury.

Go Bears
Donobear

Kingston, Canada

#9 Aug 27, 2008
Stack the line and go after him hard. Forget dropping Urlacher into coverage all the time. They need to approch this game like the 85 defense would. Manning needs to be punished.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#10 Aug 27, 2008
I will be at the opener and though I don't wish ill-will towards anyone, it would be sweet to see Sorgi or Gray under center. That's the only chance this Bear team can steal a win.

Since: Apr 08

Bartlett, IL

#11 Aug 27, 2008
Orton throws 2 interceptions that lead to 2 Touchdowns, Peyton throws for a TD, forte leads the bears to a field goal.

Bears finish the half down 21-3

2nd half a rested Hester returns a Kick for a touchdown, fans around the world and announcers go wild beyond relief. Tillman has an interception, Orton takes over and the old and inept line causes an Elbow injury off a sack to Ortons throwing arm. Rex is inserted and has two 3andouts going into the 4th. On opening drive in the 4th he attempts to scramble a 2nd and 3 for a first down, slips and twists his ankle just short of the first down.

Hanie then is inserted,with much fanfare and with the Bears season obviously over before it starts, the bears defense holds, Hanie then throws for 2TDs to Hester and Forte runs in for a Touchdown after the 2 minute warning on a hurry up offense.

Manning attempts his heroics with seconds left even in a losing cause, the defense bends but does not break but still allows a 30second 42 yard field goal.

Bears win the most dramatic opening game not only in Franchise history, But in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!

Bears 34 Colts 24
Dave

Conrad, IA

#12 Aug 28, 2008
Wow DiMZ, nice play-by-play. Probably inaccurate, as Hanie will most likely be on the practice squad, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Sounds like the back up QB's in Indy would fit right in on the Bears with their collective QB rating of 60.1.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#13 Aug 28, 2008
So IL Bruno wrote:
I will be at the opener and though I don't wish ill-will towards anyone, it would be sweet to see Sorgi or Gray under center. That's the only chance this Bear team can steal a win.
They'd still beat the bears 7-6.
Midway Monstah

Montgomery, AL

#14 Aug 28, 2008
Saluki Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd still beat the bears 7-6.
We have a shot...a hobbled Manning and Saturday out?

BTW- how's them Burrito's down in C'Dale? Still as big as your head?

DuPage County

#15 Aug 28, 2008
Midway Monstah wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a shot...a hobbled Manning and Saturday out?
BTW- how's them Burrito's down in C'Dale? Still as big as your head?
We have a shot? Suuuuuure.

Last time I was there the burrito's were still big and the bagels were still coming off the grills on the strip.
Midway Monstah

Montgomery, AL

#16 Aug 28, 2008
Saluki Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a shot? Suuuuuure.
Last time I was there the burrito's were still big and the bagels were still coming off the grills on the strip.
Nice....

Hey gotta believe right?

DuPage County

#17 Aug 28, 2008
Midway Monstah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice....
Hey gotta believe right?
Oh yeah, but I'm ready to be cleaning my garage come the 3rd week of the season.
Midway Monstah

Montgomery, AL

#18 Aug 28, 2008
I've already dusted off the ole Payton Jersey...

expectations are so low this year...but with Favre gone who knows how the Pack'll play...Minny has injury issues at QB and Peterson may hit a sophomore slump (fingers crossed)...the Lions always find a way to self-destruct....

so we have a chance!(playoffs will be a huge success for this team)

Go Bears
Lando

United States

#19 Aug 28, 2008
The man is back, let's keep our fingers crossed for a good season.
ralph

Lake Zurich, IL

#20 Aug 30, 2008
Colts 31
Bears 13

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four teams could be interested in WR Wayne (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 4
News Winners, losers: Did Rodgers kiss MVP goodbye? (Dec '14) Jan '15 Beat Sons Genitals 29
News Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts (Nov '14) Dec '14 Bruce 6
News Everyone, even Colts fans, should pull for Peyton (Jan '14) Jan '14 Janitor 4
News Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals live ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Denver 1
News Dolphins stop Colts comeback (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joc Strap 3
News Colts use Luck's feet to get past... (Sep '13) Sep '13 1 Raider Nation 1
More from around the web