Charged-up backups rule

Charged-up backups rule

There are 21 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 13, 2008, titled Charged-up backups rule. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

INDIANAPOLIS: After handing the New England Patriots a huge gift, the San Diego Chargers believe it's time to give the unbeaten Patriots something else: a challenge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JNP

Erie, PA

#1 Jan 14, 2008
Sweet Justice is served. The Colt's got what they deserved. Way to rest your players the last week of the season to prepare yourself for this game.

Sincerely, All Clevelanders and Browns Fans.

HaHaHa, rest your players all you want now.
Paul

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jan 14, 2008
Ditto JNP's remark. It goes to show that when you take TWO full weeks off, it CAN come back to haunt you. All the Indy fans got what they deserved with a coach that played a game to lose because it didn't count. Look what happened when it did!
SDespot

Bedford, OH

#3 Jan 14, 2008
AWESOME game, but they will have quite a job ahead of them next week. I'll be pulling for my Chargers to win though. Been rooting for them since 1977!
Iowa Fan

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2008
Big grin on my face when the starters couldn't get out of "Rest mode" that they started the last week of the regular season.

Yesterday was a huge shocker for both games, and a true pleasure to watch... Games going down to the wire made me think Cleveland was playing still :)
The Voice of Reason

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jan 14, 2008
My old coach always told me you play as you practiced. Well those poor colts played just like they prepared and oh well, this was the best they could do after resting their starters?
Dawgsingreenvill e

Mansfield, OH

#5 Jan 14, 2008
The colts got what they deserved for laying down the last game of the year! They were well rested, got every call in the game yesterday and still couldn't beat the backup's on the chargers. I loved it, poetic justice!
Ralph

Stow, OH

#7 Jan 14, 2008
This is the tale of two teams. The Giants could have rested their players in the last regular season game but chose to challenge the Patriots' winning streak. All that did was help them knock off Tampa Bay at Tampa Bay and the number one NFC seed,Dallas, at Dallas. The Giants looked sharp. Indianapolis looked flat.
Gloria -Muh Fuh- James

Bedford, OH

#8 Jan 14, 2008
Tony Dungarese is a racist, like me.
hdawg

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2008
My old coach always told me you play as you practiced. Well those poor colts played just like they prepared and oh well, this was the best they could do after resting their starters?

Yeah, and the Colts won a Super Bowl and you're on a chat room. The Colts rested their starters just the same last season in week 17 and won the Super Bowl. It didn't work out this year, but it had nothing to do with week 17. I doubt the Browns will ever build a team that wins as consistently as the Colts have.
OMG

Akron, OH

#10 Jan 14, 2008
"I doubt the Browns will ever build a team that wins as consistently as the Colts have." but I would add the "& STEELERS" to the statement above.

Boy do I agree with that statement.

GO STEELERS !!!
The Voice of Reason

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jan 14, 2008
hdawg wrote:
Yeah, and the Colts won a Super Bowl and you're on a chat room. The Colts rested their starters just the same last season in week 17 and won the Super Bowl. It didn't work out this year, but it had nothing to do with week 17. I doubt the Browns will ever build a team that wins as consistently as the Colts have.
waa waa waa The fact of the matter is football at the pro level sucks. When you see the stats, teams either had a great record or a poor record. That means football is really weak and the teams who think they are dynasties are really only mediocre teams who can beat worse teams. Teams of today don't know what it's like to battle in the trenches like they did in the 60's and 70's or long before that. Free agency ruined football just like it has baseball. The better players all sign with same team so they can win a super bowl ring to inflate their ego as if they were on some great team. Football is in a sad state and has been for some time now. Either way the Colts choked and the strategy of laying down came back to haunt them. HAHAHAHAHA
hdawg

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2008
The Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
waa waa waa The fact of the matter is football at the pro level sucks. When you see the stats, teams either had a great record or a poor record. That means football is really weak and the teams who think they are dynasties are really only mediocre teams who can beat worse teams. Teams of today don't know what it's like to battle in the trenches like they did in the 60's and 70's or long before that. Free agency ruined football just like it has baseball. The better players all sign with same team so they can win a super bowl ring to inflate their ego as if they were on some great team. Football is in a sad state and has been for some time now. Either way the Colts choked and the strategy of laying down came back to haunt them. HAHAHAHAHA
Free agency ruined football just like it has baseball, except the Colts have 0 starters that have started anywhere else. First time in the NFL that's happened. The Colts aren't a product of free agency. The only player of note is Adam Vinatieri.
the broph

Martinez, CA

#13 Jan 14, 2008
Karmic comeuppance. ha ha ha. the dolts got exactly what they deserved. perhaps if they had actually tried to win the final game they would of been sharper and could of won against s.d.
truth be told

United States

#14 Jan 14, 2008
the broph wrote:
Karmic comeuppance. ha ha ha. the dolts got exactly what they deserved. perhaps if they had actually tried to win the final game they would of been sharper and could of won against s.d.
What's funny is any Browns fan that criticizes the Colts.
ramon

Mansfield, OH

#15 Jan 14, 2008
Dallas and INDY both rested their starters the final game of the regular season. The Giants and Green Bay did not rest starters. The Patriots did not rest starters their final regular season game. Anybody noticing a trend here? There is a moral to this story. Go ALL out every game as suggested by The Tuna, Ditka, Boomer, Cohwer, Sharp, and Jimmy Johnson.
ramon

Mansfield, OH

#16 Jan 14, 2008
OMG wrote:
"I doubt the Browns will ever build a team that wins as consistently as the Colts have." but I would add the "& STEELERS" to the statement above.
Boy do I agree with that statement.
GO STEELERS !!!
Shouldnt you be out ratting on your smoking friends in restaurants and bars?
truth be told

United States

#17 Jan 14, 2008
ramon wrote:
Dallas and INDY both rested their starters the final game of the regular season. The Giants and Green Bay did not rest starters. The Patriots did not rest starters their final regular season game. Anybody noticing a trend here? There is a moral to this story. Go ALL out every game as suggested by The Tuna, Ditka, Boomer, Cohwer, Sharp, and Jimmy Johnson.
Really? Brett Favre threw fewer passes than Peyton Manning in week 17. Ryan Grant had fewer carries than Joseph Addai. So are you sure the Packers did not rest starters? Like I said before, week 17 had nothing to do, the Colts just didn't play well and lost the game.
Emma

Cleveland, OH

#18 Jan 14, 2008
Well it only a game. There can only be one winner. I hope a new team wins the super bowl this year.
OMG

Akron, OH

#19 Jan 14, 2008
ramon wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldnt you be out ratting on your smoking friends in restaurants and bars?
No, the places I frequent are all now complying with the smoking ban and so are the patrons. The places can't afford the fines. The 800 number works well.
OMG

Akron, OH

#20 Jan 14, 2008
Emma wrote:
Well it only a game. There can only be one winner. I hope a new team wins the super bowl this year.
GO PATS - I want cheaters to prosper since my STEELERS didn't make it to the SB this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four teams could be interested in WR Wayne (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 4
News Winners, losers: Did Rodgers kiss MVP goodbye? (Dec '14) Jan '15 Beat Sons Genitals 29
News Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts (Nov '14) Dec '14 Bruce 6
News Everyone, even Colts fans, should pull for Peyton (Jan '14) Jan '14 Janitor 4
News Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals live ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Denver 1
News Dolphins stop Colts comeback (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joc Strap 3
News Colts use Luck's feet to get past... (Sep '13) Sep '13 1 Raider Nation 1
More from around the web