Belichick's gamble fails, Colts prevail

Bill Belichick risked it all Sunday night. And lost. After failing to convert a fourth-and-2 from his own 28 with just under 2 minutes left at Indianapolis, Peyton Manning threw a 1-yard TD pass to Reggie Wayne with 13 seconds left to give Indy a 35-34 victory over rival New England. Full Story
Mother Teresa

AOL

#1 Nov 16, 2009
Hell, even I know you punt in that situation.
John McCain

AOL

#2 Nov 16, 2009
Not too many people make my campaign managers look smart, but Belichek did last night.
Rodney Dangerfield

AOL

#3 Nov 16, 2009
...and he doesn't deserve any respect either.
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 16, 2009
Please.... Bill's decision was not that bad.
If the receiver catches the ball cleanly, the Pats win, and Bill is a genius. Pats offense had moved the ball up and down the field all night ... and only suffered from two turnovers on the goal line. On the other hand, Peyton had two long scoring drives in two minutes or less. Trust your offense or your defense? Gutsy call ... I think I would have punted ... but the call wasn't as bad as people are making it.
Tom Landry

AOL

#5 Nov 16, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
Please.... Bill's decision was not that bad.
If the receiver catches the ball cleanly, the Pats win, and Bill is a genius. Pats offense had moved the ball up and down the field all night ... and only suffered from two turnovers on the goal line. On the other hand, Peyton had two long scoring drives in two minutes or less. Trust your offense or your defense? Gutsy call ... I think I would have punted ... but the call wasn't as bad as people are making it.
In Colts territory I might agree with you, but that far in your own, not. The only question is Belichek more of a Dumb F**k or a Dumb P*****k.
Vince Lombardi

AOL

#6 Nov 16, 2009
Tom Landry wrote:
<quoted text>In Colts territory I might agree with you, but that far in your own, not. The only question is Belichek more of a Dumb F**k or a Dumb P*****k.
I agree.
Bill Parcels

AOL

#7 Nov 16, 2009
Tom Landry wrote:
<quoted text>In Colts territory I might agree with you, but that far in your own, not. The only question is Belichek more of a Dumb F**k or a Dumb P*****k.
I've known the guy a long time...definitely DP.
Debby Belichick

AOL

#8 Nov 16, 2009
Tom Landry wrote:
DF
Gazaille

Troy, NY

#9 Nov 16, 2009
not that bad of a call. It was for the game. Excecution would have proved his genius.
Colts 9-0

United States

#10 Nov 16, 2009
Proof once again that Manning and the Colts are the come back kings.
Belichick took a gamble and got burned.
Coach Cam Cameron

Largo, FL

#11 Nov 16, 2009
Belicheat was hooked on a feeling that the Patsies would not give the game away after holding a substantial lead. Ha !

Realistic

Monticello, WI

#12 Nov 18, 2009
Gazaille wrote:
not that bad of a call. It was for the game. Excecution would have proved his genius.
Peyton Manning has gotten into the coaches head.
Tom Landry

AOL

#13 Nov 19, 2009
Realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
Peyton Manning has gotten into the coaches head.
I was talking to Vince Lombardi and while we agree with you, we think there's something else too. Over time you come to believe your press. You lose sight of the fact you're blessed and not really as good as they say you are. The best work is probably hubris. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. 3-13 in 1987 after we could make that fourth down play in Buffalo. Geesh.
Spy Cameras

Atlanta, GA

#14 Nov 19, 2009
Vince also said to use even more spy cameras.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone, even Colts fans, should pull for Peyton (Jan '14) Jan '14 Janitor 4
Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals live ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Denver 1
Dolphins stop Colts comeback (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joc Strap 3
Colts use Luck's feet to get past... (Sep '13) Sep '13 1 Raider Nation 1
Heyward-Bey ready to take chance against Oakland (Sep '13) Sep '13 The Autumn Wind 12
Indianapolis Colts: Injury Bad Timing for Darri... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 5
NFL Free Agency: Should the Indianapolis Colts ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Brian 1

Reggie Wayne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE