The Brady Manning Debate - Fuel to th...

The Brady Manning Debate - Fuel to the Fire

There are 166 comments on the bleacherreport.com story from Mar 18, 2008, titled The Brady Manning Debate - Fuel to the Fire. In it, bleacherreport.com reports that:

Brady vs Manning. The debate rages on. Last year, after the Super Bowl, there was article after article about why Peyton was better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at bleacherreport.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Jason

Brookfield, WI

#1 Mar 18, 2008
Brady by far!
Tom

Sacramento, CA

#2 Mar 18, 2008
Your an idiot for making this, 1 word, SPYGATE, it damages BRady's credentials by far because we will NEVER KNOW how much spygate assisted him and he has a worse SB record than Manning, now my good friend JOE MONTANA is the greatest all time! go niners
Aras

Vestal, NY

#5 Mar 19, 2008
Tom Brady is the best QB fuck the Manning Brother they suck let me give yea a example Brady gets new WR very year and still wins Pmanning has two WR for a long time and the good and he still does not go far in the playoff who loss to Chargers without their best players in LT and River and even Gates come on Peyton Manning sucks ass he's not good at all he has the WR why does he not win causes he's not that good.
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#6 Mar 19, 2008
Aras wrote:
Tom Brady is the best QB fuck the Manning Brother they suck let me give yea a example Brady gets new WR very year and still wins Pmanning has two WR for a long time and the good and he still does not go far in the playoff who loss to Chargers without their best players in LT and River and even Gates come on Peyton Manning sucks ass he's not good at all he has the WR why does he not win causes he's not that good.
See this, this is what you call a Pathetic Pissed off Pats fan who didn't give 2 shits about his team till AFTER THEY WON THEIR SECOND SUPER BOWL!!!!
PS.
Peyton has shown he can win with no Defense and one good O-Linemen. TOM BRADY HAS YET TO SHOW THAT, WHICH IS WHY I DON'T THINK HE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON. AND MARK MY WORDS NEXT SEASON THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL HE IS RETURNING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Perry Point, MD

#7 Mar 19, 2008
The Superbowl ended the debate. Whichever offense line plays better, that team has the better QB.
Speed

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2008
When it is all said and done, Manning will go down as the greatest ever. Forget comparing him to Brady (overated). Manning is currently in the league with Marino, Elway and Montana.....once 18 hangs 'em up, he'll be alone.
Louis A

Youngstown, OH

#10 Mar 20, 2008
i hav 2 say both are extremely good, i wish the browns could have their sucess, but brady crumbles under pressure (superbowl on the ground 10+ times), manning is good 2 but he doesnt play as well when his team is behind..... overall bradys better since he has a better overall team. defense, oline, running back, and recievers. peyton would sucede in the same condition
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#11 Mar 20, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
The Superbowl ended the debate. Whichever offense line plays better, that team has the better QB.
OK, then that would mean Eli is the best QB.
Jopa-n

Albrightsville, PA

#13 Mar 20, 2008
18 and DONE wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then that would mean Eli is the best QB.
LOL! I mean't in comparison between Brady and Peyton, but now that you mention it, it could be a viable argument once all three careers are over.
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#14 Mar 20, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! I mean't in comparison between Brady and Peyton, but now that you mention it, it could be a viable argument once all three careers are over.
Well, say what you want about the NFL QB comparison, since Brady is ovoulsy on steroids. I think the best comparison to make an argument about is who is better between these 3 QB's-Phil Rivers, Ben Rothles burger, & ELi Manning. Personally I think they are 1-3 in this order
1.Eli Manning
2.Big Ben
3.Phillip Rivers
Jopa-n

Albrightsville, PA

#15 Mar 20, 2008
18 and DONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, say what you want about the NFL QB comparison, since Brady is ovoulsy on steroids. I think the best comparison to make an argument about is who is better between these 3 QB's-Phil Rivers, Ben Rothles burger, & ELi Manning. Personally I think they are 1-3 in this order
1.Eli Manning
2.Big Ben
3.Phillip Rivers
Dude! C'mon! No way!
Eli got his ring to match Ben but 44-16/5-2 playoff/104 passer rating this season w/ 32 TD's/lifetime passer rating of over 100/youngest to ever win a SB/13-0 his rookie year/QB of only #6 seed to win a SB........
As of now it got tighter but it still goes:
1. BIG Ben

2.Eli

3.Rivers
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#16 Mar 20, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>Dude! C'mon! No way!
Eli got his ring to match Ben but 44-16/5-2 playoff/104 passer rating this season w/ 32 TD's/lifetime passer rating of over 100/youngest to ever win a SB/13-0 his rookie year/QB of only #6 seed to win a SB........
As of now it got tighter but it still goes:
1. BIG Ben
2.Eli
3.Rivers
But the Bottom line is it is a biger debate then Manning Brady. And personally I think your just saying Big Ben is the best of the 3, because he beat Peyton in the playoffs, and your mad cause your team choked in the big one. But then again that's my opinion, and you do make some good points.

PS.
Personally I think Ben was a better QB his rookie season, because he went to a much better team.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#17 Mar 20, 2008
18 and DONE wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Bottom line is it is a biger debate then Manning Brady. And personally I think your just saying Big Ben is the best of the 3, because he beat Peyton in the playoffs, and your mad cause your team choked in the big one. But then again that's my opinion, and you do make some good points.
PS.
Personally I think Ben was a better QB his rookie season, because he went to a much better team.
When was the big one my team choked in. i don't know what game your refering to.
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#18 Mar 21, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>When was the big one my team choked in. i don't know what game your refering to.
Both the 2007 AFC Championship and SB XLII. Also I think Eli is the better QB of the 3, because

1.He is the only one to recieve the Super Bowl MVP award

2.He is the only one who has proven he can beat your Patoits in the playoffs.
Jopa-n

Albrightsville, PA

#19 Mar 21, 2008
18 and DONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the 2007 AFC Championship and SB XLII. Also I think Eli is the better QB of the 3, because
1.He is the only one to recieve the Super Bowl MVP award
2.He is the only one who has proven he can beat your Patoits in the playoffs.
I can not believe this! Who do you think my team is? Have you even read ANY of my posts? Dude, whatever your on, you need to get off and get your system cleaned out. I guess 18 and done must really mean your 18 and brain fried. Here's a hint, if the room is spinning, not a good time to be hitting the keys on the computer.
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#20 Mar 21, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>I can not believe this! Who do you think my team is? Have you even read ANY of my posts? Dude, whatever your on, you need to get off and get your system cleaned out. I guess 18 and done must really mean your 18 and brain fried. Here's a hint, if the room is spinning, not a good time to be hitting the keys on the computer.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I keep thinking you are J Smoothy and you are a Pats fan. Now I understard why you think Big Ben is the best. I TOTALLY UNDER STAND.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#21 Mar 21, 2008
BRADY Is so overated.
He is a mediocre QB at best. Before you Patsie fans get your panties in a wad...hear this....
Most QB's in the league would be calm cool and collective behind the O-Line the pats have had over the last several years. When Brady doesn't have that protection...ie...the SB this year. Look what happened. He looked horrified and was treated a little boy playing a Man's game. Again as over rated as they come....he is probably the most over reated player to ever lace them up.
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#22 Apr 8, 2008
Tom Brady sticks needles in his butt, Peyton and the Colts DON'T!!!!!!!!!!
18 and DONE

Johnston, RI

#23 Apr 9, 2008
"It's kinda hard to play quarterback with no receivers."

I bet Peyton Manning would agree.

Last season, Manning threw six interceptions—thanks in part to a depleted wide receiver corps.

The performance may have marked a breakthrough in the Manning v. Tom Brady debate.

After the game, I found myself thinking back to 2001, 2003, and 2004—when some guy named Tom won Super Bowl rings with the likes of David Givens, Deion Branch, and David Patten at receiver.

Consider what those guys have done since leaving New England:

- Givens is currently behind Biren Ealy on the Tennessee depth chart.

- Branch has scored a grand total of five TDs in 19 games with the Seahawks.

- Patten has managed 50 total receptions in 23 games with two different teams...after posting 61 catches as a third-stringer for the Pats in 2002.

Sense a trend here?

Even with mediocre wideouts, Brady found a way to win three Super Bowls in six years.

Take Peyton's lethal weapons away from him for one game, and you get six interceptions and a loss... to the struggling Chargers.

I wonder how Manning would have fared in Foxboro all those years, in the weather elements of outdoors, with the limited talent Brady had at his disposal—but I'll leave the answer up to your imagination.

Brady is far superior, and the multiple SB rings are well deserved. Manning, on the other hand, is 1 & DONE.

End of Story!
TMD

United States

#25 Apr 10, 2008
18 and DONE wrote:
"It's kinda hard to play quarterback with no receivers."
I bet Peyton Manning would agree.
Last season, Manning threw six interceptions—thanks in part to a depleted wide receiver corps.
The performance may have marked a breakthrough in the Manning v. Tom Brady debate.
After the game, I found myself thinking back to 2001, 2003, and 2004—when some guy named Tom won Super Bowl rings with the likes of David Givens, Deion Branch, and David Patten at receiver.
Consider what those guys have done since leaving New England:
- Givens is currently behind Biren Ealy on the Tennessee depth chart.
- Branch has scored a grand total of five TDs in 19 games with the Seahawks.
- Patten has managed 50 total receptions in 23 games with two different teams...after posting 61 catches as a third-stringer for the Pats in 2002.
Sense a trend here?
Even with mediocre wideouts, Brady found a way to win three Super Bowls in six years.
Take Peyton's lethal weapons away from him for one game, and you get six interceptions and a loss... to the struggling Chargers.
I wonder how Manning would have fared in Foxboro all those years, in the weather elements of outdoors, with the limited talent Brady had at his disposal—but I'll leave the answer up to your imagination.
Brady is far superior, and the multiple SB rings are well deserved. Manning, on the other hand, is 1 & DONE.
End of Story!
Your argument would have some merit if:

1) Brady REALLY had "bad" receivers to throw to. Deion Branch was MVP of the Super Bowl back in 2003, and David Givens, Troy Brown, and David Patten were outstanding route runners and YAC guys. Let's also not forget Ben Watson and Daniel Graham, both first round draft picks and very good TEs.

2) We could actually see what Harrison, Wayne, and Clark would do on other teams.

I guess you're not familiar with Peyton's early WRs and TEs - Dilger, Pollard, Green, Pathon, and Wilkins, who did almost nothing when they left the Colts.

3) If the defenses on the Pats and the Colts were comparable.

Manning has not had the luxury of SB caliber defenses most of his career, "Tom" has. Neither has "Tom" had to carry a team the way Manning has. The one year when he did, the Pats didn't even make it to the playoffs (2002).

The game you referred to where Peyton threw 6 INTs was, indeed, pretty bad. What you failed to mention was that he was playing with 1 starter, R. Wayne, 2 of his second string receivers, Aaron Moorehead and Bryan Fletcher, and a practice squad receiver, Craphonso Thorpe, who was added just hours before game time. "Tom" hasn't ever had to do that.

You also failed to mention that the Colts would have won that game had it not been for a kickoff and punt returned for TDs, and Vinatieri missing a 29 yard FG.

"Tom" would have done no better with the Colts than Manning has as is evidenced by his performance in the most recent SB. Putting pressure on Brady has the same effect as putting pressure on Manning - bad throws and lack of production.

No one is buying the whole "Tom"-walks-on-water crap anymore. He was exposed in the SB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four teams could be interested in WR Wayne (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 4
News Winners, losers: Did Rodgers kiss MVP goodbye? (Dec '14) Jan '15 Beat Sons Genitals 29
News Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts (Nov '14) Dec '14 Bruce 6
News Everyone, even Colts fans, should pull for Peyton (Jan '14) Jan '14 Janitor 4
News Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals live ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Denver 1
News Dolphins stop Colts comeback (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joc Strap 3
News Colts use Luck's feet to get past... (Sep '13) Sep '13 1 Raider Nation 1
More from around the web