Dolphins cut the 'Juggernaut'

Dolphins cut the 'Juggernaut'

There are 26 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Dolphins cut the 'Juggernaut'. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Dolphins have cut the, 'Juggernaut,' also known as second-year fullback Reagan Mauia Saturday, according to his agent Max Hannemann.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what

Tucson, AZ

#1 Aug 30, 2008
so long fatman...
sheehanje

Latham, NY

#2 Aug 30, 2008
More and more Cam/Saban players getting pushed out the door. You would think being a big guy, he would fit the Trifecta mold, but with his offseason issues and his lack of talent with recieving and special teams, see ya.
stav

Quincy, MA

#3 Aug 30, 2008
Todd Wade is free
what

Tucson, AZ

#4 Aug 30, 2008
bring in rudi johnson he is available. That would give us a very strong RB rotation
Bruce

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2008
Another great Cam/Mueller pick. Did the Ginn family make the team?
Ram

Miami, FL

#6 Aug 30, 2008
It was dumb to let Wade go when we did as he was our best lineman that year. What the hell...give him a look.
dolphindonnie of na

AOL

#7 Aug 30, 2008
Bruce wrote:
good god are you jokin?ginn is gonna be great for this club just watch and see

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#8 Aug 30, 2008
those drops on thursday night sealed the deal!
dolphindonnie of na

AOL

#9 Aug 30, 2008
Ram wrote:
It was dumb to let Wade go when we did as he was our best lineman that year. What the hell...give him a look.
yea that one messed me up too he was awsesome hey what the heck,if can stay healthy and produce, why not?
key west

Peterborough, Canada

#10 Aug 30, 2008
Glad to see this criminal gone...
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Aug 30, 2008
Bruce wrote:
All hail the almighty Parcells......

It's not uncommon for 6th rounders to get cut....
EJ H

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Aug 30, 2008
Buh-Bye Coconut!

He sucked from day one. i guess blocking linebackers is a bit tougher than running through a sheet of gypsum!
Armchair Analyst

Buffalo, NY

#13 Aug 30, 2008
No great shock. BTW, what's w/ the reports being put out on an earlier thread that the Pats' Spygate saga was continuing and they were in huge trouble? I seem to have missed that news, and can't seem to locate any stories on it. Why, and what actually happened? Was this merely a case of people blowing smoke over the internet?

Anyone have answers?

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Bruce wrote:
His little sister and gandma got the axe, but mom & dad are looking good for for the second team, while grandpa made the practice squad...GO PHINS!!!
phinwatch

Orlando, FL

#15 Aug 30, 2008
the cut list

CB Will Billingsley
LB Titus Brown
S Courtney Bryan
C Mike Byrne
WR Jayson Foster
LB Maurice Fountain
LB Junior Glymph
T Daren Heerspink
RB Lex Hilliard
FB Reagan Mauia
LB Edmond Miles
TE Matthew Mulligan
TE Justin Peelle
LB Kelly Poppinga
G/T Pedro Sosa
C Matt Spanos
DT Anthony Toribio

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#16 Aug 30, 2008
Armchair Analyst wrote:
No great shock. BTW, what's w/ the reports being put out on an earlier thread that the Pats' Spygate saga was continuing and they were in huge trouble? I seem to have missed that news, and can't seem to locate any stories on it. Why, and what actually happened? Was this merely a case of people blowing smoke over the internet?
Anyone have answers?
Havent heard anything on that in a long time. I think they just swept it all under the rug. wheres the cut list already? GO PHINS!!!
Zonk

Miami, FL

#17 Aug 30, 2008
phinwatch wrote:
the cut list
CB Will Billingsley
LB Titus Brown
S Courtney Bryan
C Mike Byrne
WR Jayson Foster
LB Maurice Fountain
LB Junior Glymph
T Daren Heerspink
RB Lex Hilliard
FB Reagan Mauia
LB Edmond Miles
TE Matthew Mulligan
TE Justin Peelle
LB Kelly Poppinga
G/T Pedro Sosa
C Matt Spanos
DT Anthony Toribio
I kind of liked Justin Peelle. Does anyone know what his numbers were?
Roger THE NUT Case

Covington, LA

#18 Aug 30, 2008
Cameron & Mueller did a nice job..yes?
bleh

Anderson, IN

#19 Aug 30, 2008
Hrrmm.. should have kept Justin Peele. Everytime they got him involved I was impressed with him.

Oh well...
Armchair Analyst

Buffalo, NY

#20 Aug 30, 2008
ocala howie wrote:
<quoted text>Havent heard anything on that in a long time. I think they just swept it all under the rug. wheres the cut list already? GO PHINS!!!
I came across it just recently while I was replying to posters here in the Sentinel. It seemed as though the comments were pretty recent. Unfortunately, I forget what thread it was. If I see it again, I'll let you know.

BTW, what'd you think of the cut list as given by a fellow poster? To me, if it is accurate, there were no great surprises. The only one really I'd say maybe we ought to try to keep in some capacity, say the practice squad, is Lex Hilliard.

What say you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reagan Mauia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Samoa Camp hosts highlight their commitment (Jul '11) Jul '11 ysl replica 1
News Dolphins fullback Reagan Mauia arrested for bat... (Apr '08) Jun '10 Dolpharts 149
News Dolphins fullback Reagan Mauia charged with sim... (Apr '08) Jan '10 Bob Greasy 110
News Mauia tries to latch on - Hawaii Sports (Aug '09) Aug '09 Kevin 4
News Mauia tries to latch on - Sports News (Aug '09) Aug '09 badayu 2
News Miami Dolphins QB John Beck is now expendable c... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tom Doy 2
News Perry, Grigsby potential additions to special t... (Mar '08) Mar '09 Bills Money 32
More from around the web