Ray Lewis' clutch stop seals Ravens' triumph

Full story: York Dispatch

Ray Lewis took a chance, and what a chance it was. The star linebacker shot the gap and met Darren Sproles head-on on fourth-and-2 in the closing seconds, with brute strength winning out over speed and shiftiness.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 21, 2009
unblocked

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Are you kidding me? Harbaugh says that was the greatest play he's ever seen? The Chargers never blocked Ray Lewis on that play and he made a tackle in the back field. I would hope 99% of NFL players could've made that play.

WOW, best he's ever seen?? Come on, think before you speak.
Ravens Fam

Monroe Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

unblocked wrote:
Are you kidding me? Harbaugh says that was the greatest play he's ever seen? The Chargers never blocked Ray Lewis on that play and he made a tackle in the back field. I would hope 99% of NFL players could've made that play.
WOW, best he's ever seen?? Come on, think before you speak.
Maybe it is the best he's ever SEEN, did you ever think about that?? He didn't say it was the best play ever.....he said the best he's ever SEEN. Duh
And besides it's just his opinion, just like you think that 99% of NFL players could make the same play. Opinions, duh! Or do you play in the NFL? NOT!
unblocked

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Ravens Fam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is the best he's ever SEEN, did you ever think about that?? He didn't say it was the best play ever.....he said the best he's ever SEEN. Duh
And besides it's just his opinion, just like you think that 99% of NFL players could make the same play. Opinions, duh! Or do you play in the NFL? NOT!
Well if that's the the best he's ever SEEN, then he must not have SEEN much football.

How about "The Catch" (Montana/Clark)? How about "The Immaculate Reception"? How about the David Tyree catch against New England in Super Bowl? How about the stop by the Rams in the Super Bowl vs Tennessee? How about last year's Super Bowl, three huge plays in that game were better than an unblocked week 2 play (James Harrison 99 yard INT touchdown, Fitzgerald long TD reception, Holmes touchdown to win the game.

My point is, the guy wasn't blocked. If he fought through one block and made that play it would've been decent, given the game situation. But for him to not be blocked at all and for it to happen in week 2....come on.
Yep

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

unblocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if that's the the best he's ever SEEN, then he must not have SEEN much football.
How about "The Catch" (Montana/Clark)? How about "The Immaculate Reception"? How about the David Tyree catch against New England in Super Bowl? How about the stop by the Rams in the Super Bowl vs Tennessee? How about last year's Super Bowl, three huge plays in that game were better than an unblocked week 2 play (James Harrison 99 yard INT touchdown, Fitzgerald long TD reception, Holmes touchdown to win the game.
My point is, the guy wasn't blocked. If he fought through one block and made that play it would've been decent, given the game situation. But for him to not be blocked at all and for it to happen in week 2....come on.
shuddup fool

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ray Lewis Discussions

Search the Ray Lewis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Some Athletes Are Using Deer Antler Spray a... (Feb '11) Mar '14 alaanile 3
Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Wow! Ray Lewis & hearing aids! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Operation Change 1
Ray Lewis on Aaron Hernandez: 'New England had ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jordan Reinders 1
Baltimore Ravens: Is It a Mistake That James Ih... (Sep '13) Sep '13 James 1
Chad Greenway Now Entering Elite Linebacker Sta... (Aug '13) Aug '13 viking nation 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••