Oakland Raiders set goal to spoil Baltimore Ravens' playoff hopes

There are 38 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Jan 1, 2010, titled Oakland Raiders set goal to spoil Baltimore Ravens' playoff hopes. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

In an NFL season when it seems like almost every week some also-ran manages to knock off a contender, the Baltimore Ravens have remained in playoff contention by avoiding that upset bug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr Scholl

Largo, FL

#22 Jan 6, 2010
Many complaints are heard about the stinking, smelly feet of Al Davis.
Alphonso

Fairfield, CA

#23 Jan 6, 2010
"Oakland Raiders set goal to spoil Baltimore Ravens' playoff hopes"

What year are they talking about?

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#24 Jan 6, 2010
Alphonso wrote:
"Oakland Raiders set goal to spoil Baltimore Ravens' playoff hopes"
What year are they talking about?
(LOL) okay "alfonso" this is an old story! but INCASE YOU MISSED IT,the game happened sunday(LOL). BUT congrats to the ravens on their win!
RAIDERS!!! 2010 =)
Frank and beans

United States

#25 Jan 6, 2010
the Raiders should be relegated to the top french Football league and The Raiderettes should be promoted to the NFL!!
purple and black

Buckeye, AZ

#26 Jan 6, 2010
I am a die hard Ravens fan I have been living in baltimore for 26 years but I must say Oalkand has a nasty hostile fan base that's why I like them nasty fans make a nasty team I look forward to seeing the raiders again good luck guys
Alphonso

Fairfield, CA

#27 Jan 6, 2010
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>(LOL) okay "alfonso" this is an old story! but INCASE YOU MISSED IT,the game happened sunday(LOL). BUT congrats to the ravens on their win!
RAIDERS!!! 2010 =)
Actually it was easy to miss since he game was blacked out. I saw Blind Side on Saturday night so I was looking forward to watching the Ravens right tackle.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#29 Jan 7, 2010
Alphonso wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was easy to miss since he game was blacked out. I saw Blind Side on Saturday night so I was looking forward to watching the Ravens right tackle.
SUNDAY TICKET alphonso, SUNDAY TICKET!=) you won't miss a thing!
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#30 Jan 7, 2010
purple and black wrote:
I am a die hard Ravens fan I have been living in baltimore for 26 years but I must say Oalkand has a nasty hostile fan base that's why I like them nasty fans make a nasty team I look forward to seeing the raiders again good luck guys
I have nothing bad to say against the ravens! i love ray lewis and wish we had him or a guy like him on our team. the ravens are in it on every game. it's cool that you say you are a die hard ravens fan. there is too many pussies that are afraid to say their teams names and come here on topix just to talk crap. they are afraid to hear that you may say something bad about their team(LOL) but, thats them! congrats on your win vs RAIDERS. stay cool.
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Frank and beans

South San Francisco, CA

#31 Jan 7, 2010
<quoted text>I have nothing bad to say against the ravens! i love ray lewis and wish we had him or a guy like him on our team. the ravens are in it on every game. it's cool that you say you are a die hard ravens fan. there is too many pussies that are afraid to say their teams names and come here on topix just to talk crap. they are afraid to hear that you may say something bad about their team(LOL) but, thats them! congrats on your win vs RAIDERS. stay cool.
RAIDERS 2010!!!
My team is the 49ers. And your team sucks!!! I hope J Russell is your QB for the next 15yrs.. And Screw Darren mcfumble he's OVERRATED long live AL Davis!!!!!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#32 Jan 7, 2010
Frank and beans wrote:
<quoted text> My team is the 49ers. And your team sucks!!! I hope J Russell is your QB for the next 15yrs.. And Screw Darren mcfumble he's OVERRATED long live AL Davis!!!!!!!!
WELL, let me tell you "pork and beans" i'm glad you are a 9er fan! my team sucks according to you, and "all the haters" of course. but this team you hate has a better record vs each other in the series! raiders are 6-5 vs niners. you may have 5 sb's and alot of wins vs alot of the nfl teams. but, vs RAIDERS? UH UH! you are one win short! BUT, look at the bright side? you get to try and tie the series this year! "at your house". until then your team has nothing on us!(LOL) try and argue with someone in your division! maybe it will help you. hey thanks for letting us know who your team was. hey, i like singleterry! specially that commercial, "alright, listen up, listen up, HEYYYYYYY!!!!(lol)
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Frank and beans

South San Francisco, CA

#33 Jan 7, 2010
<quoted text>WELL, let me tell you "pork and beans" i'm glad you are a 9er fan! my team sucks according to you, and "all the haters" of course. but this team you hate has a better record vs each other in the series! raiders are 6-5 vs niners. you may have 5 sb's and alot of wins vs alot of the nfl teams. but, vs RAIDERS? UH UH! you are one win short! BUT, look at the bright side? you get to try and tie the series this year! "at your house". until then your team has nothing on us!(LOL) try and argue with someone in your division! maybe it will help you. hey thanks for letting us know who your team was. hey, i like singleterry! specially that commercial, "alright, listen up, listen up, HEYYYYYYY!!!!(lol)
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Haha talk about records since 2002 Raiders 29 and 83... Just win baby

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#34 Jan 7, 2010
Frank and beans wrote:
<quoted text> Haha talk about records since 2002 Raiders 29 and 83... Just win baby
yea, can't beat around the bush on that. it is what it is!(LOL) i don't keep up much with the niners ever since the last time they went to the superbowl but whats happened to them since then? not mocking just asking? cause we've had seven long years of losing and it hurts! hope your niners have been doing good! they did get away with some games but 8-8 is good enough just not good enough to say you made it to the playoffs. wish we were 8-8. but like i said, it is what it is! tell me about it (LOL)
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#35 Jan 7, 2010
Frank and beans wrote:
<quoted text> Haha talk about records since 2002 Raiders 29 and 83... Just win baby
wow, ever since mariucci left d erickson came in in 03 and 9ers were 9-23
then m nolan 18-37
singletary 5-4
32-64? we'll give mariucci credit for going 10-6 in 02!
42-70? last time ninerrs made playoff appearence in 02!
9ers last superbowl in 94? whew!
RAIDERS are really bad!(LOL) at least RAIDERS appeared in the superbowl since 02!
let's just leave it RAIDERS 6-5 vs niners in the all time series cause we are on the same boat!(LOL)
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Frank and beans

South San Francisco, CA

#36 Jan 7, 2010
<quoted text>wow, ever since mariucci left d erickson came in in 03 and 9ers were 9-23
then m nolan 18-37
singletary 5-4
32-64? we'll give mariucci credit for going 10-6 in 02!
42-70? last time ninerrs made playoff appearence in 02!
9ers last superbowl in 94? whew!
RAIDERS are really bad!(LOL) at least RAIDERS appeared in the superbowl since 02!
let's just leave it RAIDERS 6-5 vs niners in the all time series cause we are on the same boat!(LOL)
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Yea but we win are superbowls.... 1983 was the last superbowl win for you little girls!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#37 Jan 7, 2010
Frank and beans wrote:
<quoted text> Yea but we win are superbowls.... 1983 was the last superbowl win for you little girls!!
THAT IS A LITTLE TOO LONG FOR US NO DOUBT! when is your next superbowl appearence in your opinion? do you think you will do it with singletary or will you get another coach? cause since your last win in 94 there has been no 49ers. at least since 83 there was a superbowl appearence for us RAIDERS. 9ERS IN 2010? or in another 15yrs? and don't say next year. be honest!(LOL)
RAIDERS 2010!!! < this hear does not mean superbowl for RAIDERS in 2010. just
RAIDERS of 2010!!! but we'll make the playoffs before you gays! thats in 2010!
Full House

Reno, NV

#40 Jan 9, 2010
Betting alert.

Take the Bengals and lay the points for a " Dime ".

Yes the jets beat cincy last week 37-0 , but why are the Bengals favored ?

The bengals layed down on purpose last week, had they won they would play the texans who scored almost at will against the bengals.

The matchup favors the bengals immensley.

stay thirsty my friends.
Abc

Citrus Heights, CA

#41 Jan 9, 2010
Full House wrote:
Betting alert.
Take the Bengals and lay the points for a " Dime ".
Yes the jets beat cincy last week 37-0 , but why are the Bengals favored ?
The bengals layed down on purpose last week, had they won they would play the texans who scored almost at will against the bengals.
The matchup favors the bengals immensley.
stay thirsty my friends.
is still -2 Bengals? Is this Bronson
Full House

Reno, NV

#42 Jan 9, 2010
I apologize for recommending the bengals.

they were a top play on my off shore service that I've been betting with all season.

I've been at a 74% clip all season. Well the game is not quite over yet but that field goal hurt.

the patriots were also a solid play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ray Lewis says the only reason anyone knows Tom... Jan '15 Brady Bulge 28
News Why Some Athletes Are Using Deer Antler Spray a... (Feb '11) Mar '14 alaanile 3
News Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Wow! Ray Lewis & hearing aids! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Operation Change 1
News Ray Lewis on Aaron Hernandez: 'New England had ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jordan Reinders 1
News Baltimore Ravens: Is It a Mistake That James Ih... (Sep '13) Sep '13 James 1
More from around the web