Lewis wouldn't likely justify the cost to Jets

Full story: Newsday 12
Bob Glauber says a single defensive player, such as Baltimore's Ray Lewis , won't be enough to make the Jets championship contenders. Full Story
Word

United States

#1 Feb 9, 2009
I'd hate to see this thug (Lewis) on the team.
No RAY LEWIS

Bronx, NY

#2 Feb 9, 2009
I don't want FAVRE or RAY LEWIS with the JETS. They are BOTH too OLD and talk too much!

FAVRE is done! FAVRE got TIRED in his last 5 games. FAVRE historically does NOT play well in the COLD and in DECEMBER. Eventually the JETS organization will have to start YOUNG and STOP trying to BUY some OLD RE-THREAD player year after year that ends up NOT working out. Give RATLIFF a chance at QB, how are you going to know if RATLIFF can play, unless you give him a CHANCE to play! No one knew what MATT CASSEL could do UNTIL he got a chance to play. And MATT CASSEL is NOT even that good a player! MATT CASSEL is a product of the BILL BELICHICK system. You CAN win with a YOUNG 1ST year QB. Atlanta did it with MATT RYAN, MATT CASSEL did it, BEN ROSLINBERGER did it with the STEELERS in his 1ST year. The JETS have to build a STRONG team AROUND the young QB! The JETS need a strong RUN game for their QB.
CJP

Banning, CA

#4 Feb 9, 2009
I think we might be missing the point. Favre put up some of the best numbers (yes including interceptions) that the Jets had ever seen in a long time. Lewis washed up? He's still has the most tackles on one of the best defenses in the league. The point is that even if they are going past their prime, they still are better than most that are out there. And most important we need to bring people to the team, that have a winning experience and attitude. Although both Favre and Lewis may be short lived, it's what they instill into the team that benefits the team in the long run. There has to be a balance of seasoned veterans to guide the young for benefit over the long haul.
RAVENS

Buckeye, AZ

#5 Feb 9, 2009
No RAY LEWIS wrote:
I don't want FAVRE or RAY LEWIS with the JETS. They are BOTH too OLD and talk too much!
FAVRE is done! FAVRE got TIRED in his last 5 games. FAVRE historically does NOT play well in the COLD and in DECEMBER. Eventually the JETS organization will have to start YOUNG and STOP trying to BUY some OLD RE-THREAD player year after year that ends up NOT working out. Give RATLIFF a chance at QB, how are you going to know if RATLIFF can play, unless you give him a CHANCE to play! No one knew what MATT CASSEL could do UNTIL he got a chance to play. And MATT CASSEL is NOT even that good a player! MATT CASSEL is a product of the BILL BELICHICK system. You CAN win with a YOUNG 1ST year QB. Atlanta did it with MATT RYAN, MATT CASSEL did it, BEN ROSLINBERGER did it with the STEELERS in his 1ST year. The JETS have to build a STRONG team AROUND the young QB! The JETS need a strong RUN game for their QB.
yall suck too bad to have ray your team is like a downgrade
RAVENS

Buckeye, AZ

#6 Feb 9, 2009
Word wrote:
ray don't want to play for yall you suck and cry like you are doing now clown
RAVENS

Buckeye, AZ

#7 Feb 9, 2009
No RAY LEWIS wrote:
you sound butt hurt ,ray does not want to play for a sissy new york team like the jets lol
RAVENS

Buckeye, AZ

#8 Feb 9, 2009
KEVIN CAMELOT wrote:
<quoted text>he is another bryan cox that the jets could do without
jets lose too much ray don't play on losing teams like the jets
kelley

AOL

#9 Feb 9, 2009
No RAY LEWIS wrote:
get over your love for ratliff. ratliff never
played a damn nfl football game in his life and
people like you want to make him the starter for
the jets. grow a brain, you like the other jet
fairweather fans will use ratliff as scapegoat
when he tanks the season. the jets need to draft
a quarterback, not start ratliff who wasn't even
drafted, nobody wanted ratliff except the jets.
grow up!!!!!
kelley

AOL

#10 Feb 9, 2009
Word wrote:
ray lewis would be great for the jets, the defense
could use a leader like ray lewis. i hope he comes
but he probably won't
wow

Buckeye, AZ

#11 Feb 10, 2009
kelley wrote:
<quoted text>
ray lewis would be great for the jets, the defense
could use a leader like ray lewis. i hope he comes
but he probably won't
shhhh don't tell them that let them get close to the big game without a good defense and then have them cry their shoulda woulda's after lol
New Yorker in Florida

Tampa, FL

#12 Feb 10, 2009
CJP wrote:
I think we might be missing the point. Favre put up some of the best numbers (yes including interceptions) that the Jets had ever seen in a long time. Lewis washed up? He's still has the most tackles on one of the best defenses in the league. The point is that even if they are going past their prime, they still are better than most that are out there. And most important we need to bring people to the team, that have a winning experience and attitude. Although both Favre and Lewis may be short lived, it's what they instill into the team that benefits the team in the long run. There has to be a balance of seasoned veterans to guide the young for benefit over the long haul.
I am sorry to interject that Favre's season left him as the 3rd best QB in a 4 team division. Hard for me to accept your opinion that he put up some of the best numbers.
Partly because he did not but mostly because winning games is the best measurement of QB play (provided the team has the supporting cast to win - I believe the Jets had the players). And quickly dismissing interceptions is an anti-win mentality in the NFL. You would have to be Dan Marino in his prime to throw as many INT as Favre did last year and consider it a good year.
Regarding the topix:
Lewis played on a high level last year and despite the fact that he got into legal (and perhaps moral) trouble early in his career - he seems to have had a long stretch of time to put that behind him and is a team leader.
Having said all of that - it seems like too much money to improve a defense that realistically needs a few positions improved. The article seems accurate. The Jets are not one great D-player away from top contention.
If they were - you could do a lot worse than to bring in Ray Lewis - the guy knows the game and plays very hard for 60 minutes.
wow

Buckeye, AZ

#13 Feb 10, 2009
they don't deserve ray lewis i hope we play the jets this season so we can exploit how much they suck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Some Athletes Are Using Deer Antler Spray a... (Feb '11) Mar '14 alaanile 3
Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Wow! Ray Lewis & hearing aids! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Operation Change 1
Ray Lewis on Aaron Hernandez: 'New England had ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jordan Reinders 1
Baltimore Ravens: Is It a Mistake That James Ih... (Sep '13) Sep '13 James 1
Chad Greenway Now Entering Elite Linebacker Sta... (Aug '13) Aug '13 viking nation 2

Ray Lewis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE