Luck of draw penalizes top-seeded Gia...

Luck of draw penalizes top-seeded Giants, Titans

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Luck of draw penalizes top-seeded Giants, Titans. In it, Newsday reports that:

One of the indisputable truths of our world is that rank has its privileges. Unless, of course, it is 2009, you are a top-seeded NFL team and it's playoff time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Y I Hate the Media

Boxborough, MA

#21 Jan 13, 2009
N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>Y, from an entertainment point of view, I agree, the league need to reduce the amount of preseason games played. From a coaching decision perspective, I say leave the preseason in tact. I feel that the best way to evaluate one's teams performance is by what is produced on the field of play. Me being a fan of football, and if I could recommend any changes to the overall game, it has to be how the playoff competition is pieced together to provide equal levels of play. I just don't understand why the league and or commissioner can't or is reluctant to add 2 more teams per conference for playoff competition!!
The reason I have heard as to why they won't expand the playoffs to 8 teams per conference is due to many of the teams arguing for the bye week and getting a reward for having the 2 best records in the conference. In the other 3 sports, there are no rewards, other than homefield advantage for having the best record in season. The NFL feels that the team with the best records should be rewarded. However, with the events of the past weekend, and recent years, there is now talk by the media types that having the week off is not neccesserally a good thing. But that's just the typical media talk because of the few upsets that have happened this year and last. In years past, having the week off was considered a huge advantage. THere is one bottom line though, and that's money. If the NFL wants to make more money, they know having 2 extra games will bring in tv revenue, so that will probably tip the scales in favor of the 8 team playoffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ray Lewis defends kneeling with Ravens in Londo... Sep '17 VikingPhart 2
News Terrell Suggs charged in Arizona with leaving s... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Selfish Fans Who Booed MVPs At Super Bowl Cerem... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 8
News Ray Lewis says the only reason anyone knows Tom... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Brady Bulge 28
News Why Some Athletes Are Using Deer Antler Spray a... (Feb '11) Mar '14 alaanile 3
News Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
More from around the web