Ravens' Lewis considers Jets because of Ryan

Full story: Newsday

Ray Lewis called the possibility of playing for the Jets and former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan a "great opportunity." Then again, he used the same phrase in describing Dallas - and also referred to ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Green Grannie

Montvale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Go to Dollass Lewis....we don't need another 'me' on the team.
Brett Favre

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Green Grannie wrote:
Go to Dollass Lewis....we don't need another 'me' on the team.
where is Dollass? sounds like a small town I would like to play in!
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Ray Lewis can only help the Jets. That said, the Jets have some salary cap issues to resolve if Brett Favre decides to return...
charleyjet

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Judged:

If Bret is deer hunting, I'm pulling for the deer.
funny

Casa Grande, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

first of all lewis is not going to any of your other whack teams in the NFL he staying right in baltimore
NoNONO

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

NO do not make this deal. He is a 33 year old linebacker. To break the bank to bring him in would be a big mistake. Now Suggs would be a different story but I am sure Baltimore is going to franchise that guy.
Keyboard Commando

Hauppauge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

NoNONO wrote:
NO do not make this deal. He is a 33 year old linebacker. To break the bank to bring him in would be a big mistake. Now Suggs would be a different story but I am sure Baltimore is going to franchise that guy.
Agreed. Lewis has been playing well above what his age should be letting him for the last 3 years. Eventually he has to start feeling it. I rather that starts when he's on South America's team.
man

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

either way i think the jets should take point and make decisions on their own and not wait around for brett Favre to make a decision. if they want him back then he needs to decide, otherwsie let him know that they going a diffrnt way and make a move to improve the team. Ray lewis would be an addition to any team.
Observer

Putnam Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Keyboard Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Lewis has been playing well above what his age should be letting him for the last 3 years. Eventually he has to start feeling it. I rather that starts when he's on South America's team.
You are correct...he is aging, and this is nothing more than his attempt to market himself for a large contract.
man

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct...he is aging, and this is nothing more than his attempt to market himself for a large contract.
not for nothing, everyone ages. but for the sake of this conversation...ask some of the guys he's hit this yr if he's lost a step. i've, no, we've all seen him level guys as if they were standing still... he's got 3 yrs left in him minimum.
Burtondale

Casa Grande, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

I was just wondering when Lewis plans on serving time on the multi murder case??? Or does he have to much money? They should audit the judge and prosecutor and see how their doing financially!
Observer

Putnam Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

man wrote:
<quoted text>
not for nothing, everyone ages. but for the sake of this conversation...ask some of the guys he'**** this yr if he's lost a step. i've, no, we've all seen him level guys as if they were standing still... he's got 3 yrs left in him minimum.
one hammy or conviction away from being done...stick a fork in him...maybe 1 year max, but he wants more
Tyvek

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

You can't sing, cant dance, can't fit in your pants, your a bad actress... cant run, cant walk, gotta learn how to talk.....
man

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
one hammy or conviction away from being done...stick a fork in him...maybe 1 year max, but he wants more
yes true, but just about everyone is one injury away from being done.
Murder was the case

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Judged:

Ray Lewis got away with murder. He's a bad egg.
Bert Fave

Sterling, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

bring in the thug!
Boh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

If Ray's only in it for the money, I say let him go, don't get in a bidding war with Jerry Jones ... whoever he does go to they better have a BIG NT for him to play behind ... not every team has a Ngata!!!!
JETNUT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

RAY LEWIS WOULD GREAT PICK UP.ITS A NO BRAINER
Wait a minute

Orangeburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Wow, it's amazing how many clueless fans chime in here on these blogs.
Lewis is over the hill? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Apparently, just like tannenbaum, you meatballs have no idea what makes a team better. Lets put aside the fact that that at 33 he's STILL the best middle linebacker in the league, after yet another pro bowl year.
Winning is more about attitude and leadership, then it is about being young and talented. Vernon Gholston is young and talented, what did he do?

The fact is that players like Lewis are generational players. Meaning players like this come around only once in generation. He is like having an extra coach on the field. He studies his craft religiously, because he wants to be at his best always, and he doesn't just let other players go through the motions. He DEMANDS that if you're playing on his defense that you play at your best also. He's an emotional leader, who doesn't take a play off, and makes everyone around him better. You can't buy the kind of leadership and emotion this guy brings to a team. This guy is better now then ANY current Jets player. I would take this guy in a heartbeat, and most NFL teams would also. Players like him make teams better.
Attitude, emotion, and leadership, is what wins championships. Not youth.

Get a clue people.
Wait a minute

Orangeburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Murder was the case wrote:
Ray Lewis got away with murder. He's a bad egg.
You're a moron. What are you 10?

The guy was found guilty of perjury for lying to police trying to protect his friend. Any real friend would do the same. Except you of course.

Besides he was like 23 or 24 at the time, and hasn't even gotten anything as much as a speeding ticket since. The guy's not allowed to make a mistake and move on with his life. This guy leads a more honest life then you.
He hasn't been in the news or media about being a cancer on his team, like T.O., or been in trouble every other week like Pac Man.
In fact his teams are always very tight nit, and he's the biggest reason why. You are clueless when it comes to who is and who isn't a great player in the NFL, and how they make their teams better. Go educate yourself.

It's been 10 years since he tried to protect his friend, and he learned from it, and stopped hanging out with trouble makers.
Tell me one incident he's gotten into since that case?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ray Lewis Discussions

Search the Ray Lewis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Some Athletes Are Using Deer Antler Spray a... (Feb '11) Mar 29 alaanile 3
Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... Mar 28 Phoenix Ascended 4
Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season Mar 28 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Wow! Ray Lewis & hearing aids! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Operation Change 1
Ray Lewis on Aaron Hernandez: 'New England had ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jordan Reinders 1
Baltimore Ravens: Is It a Mistake That James Ih... (Sep '13) Sep '13 James 1
Chad Greenway Now Entering Elite Linebacker Sta... (Aug '13) Aug '13 viking nation 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••