Vikings' Ray Edwards appeals $15,000 in fines

Full story: TwinCities.com

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards is looking to retrieve the $15,000 he's lost in fines since August, but he's not too optimistic because of the NFL's appeal system.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
skeane

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

The Vikings, if you've noticed on this site, are one of the most hated teams in the NFL.

So if you're one of the jackasses trying to move a team to L.A. why would you even want the Vikings? Outside of their fanbase everyone seems to hate the Vikings so why would you move them to LA when no-one else wants anything to do with them. If you wanted to move a team wouldn't you go for one with a little less negativity attached to it.

While the most hatred comes from the Packer fans, the whole NFL fanbase seems the generally dislike and have great distain for the Minnesota Vikings. And thats just fine here in Minnesota, you can hate us all you want; we LOVE IT.

From starcaps, to fines, BS calls in critical games, and even now telling Jared Allen he can't 'rope the cattle' the NFL has a long history of pissing off fans and players of the Vikings. Ray Edwards is completely right in saying there is almost a hidden agenda when it comes to dealing with Minnesota.

Again, why would you want to move the Vikings to LA when you have to deal with all the extra baggage that comes with it. Plus, Ziggy won't move if a stadium solution isn't resolved, he will sell he before moving. And I don't think anyone would want to build a stadium and buy the Vikings with all the hatred and negativity constantly surrounding this team outside its loyal fanbase.

Minnesotamomentum.com
Supporter!
The Vikings come from the Land of Ice and Snow, NOT sunscreen and botox.
Mark

Walworth, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

The evidence supports Edwards' allegations, I'm afraid. I don't pretend to know why the league has taken this stance. Maybe it's the lack of a stadium? Well if so, this is a heck of way to help us get over the hump!

I'm just about done with the NFL, if this keeps up. It's been going on for us this way since the Drew Pearson push-off no call vs. Dallas in the '75 playoffs. This league has its favorites, and it's red-headed stepchildren. We, for whatever reason, fall into the latter category.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Uh oh, the conspiracy theory pops up from a starting DE.

If I found out the NFL treated some teams differently, I for one would be done with this league.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

If you watch the replay, the whole thing really started with the QB and Jared.
Jared is the one who should have been fined on this play, so maybe Edwards is right?
VikingGolfer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Goodell is a Pecker lover any how.. He needs to go, been saying this for 3 yrs now...
GO VIKES!!!!

Since: May 10

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

Ray should shut up and sack QB's and make tackles. In all of the games I watched this year, the refs were making less of those "marginal" holding calls, especially on passing downs. Coincidence? Doubtful. The league is trying to protect the star players and increase scoring. I watched the Vikings get away with 2 or 3 blatant holds against Miami and another couple against the Saints. I also saw the opposite happen. Sorry, got to call it like I see it.
O-3E in 101st Airborne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

I'm sick of Edwards whining. It's just a matter of time until he plays the race card, either for a fine or the big payday that he erroneously thinks he has coming. I hope Robison gets recognized for the talent that he is this year so that next season - if there is a season - we can part ways with our perennial complainer.
fbfan

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Maybe he's right and the nfl is payiong the Vikes back for the screwing it got and still getting from the Williams boys . They should've just shut their traps and sat the four games . Instaed of Pizzing off the league .

Since: Sep 09

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Although I can't believe the NFL is trying to punish the Vikings for any series of transgressions, I can't help but notice how many penalties are called against them in critical situations. That being said, I'm much happier when they show they are trying to win rather than go through the motions during the course of the game. If you can stomach it, try watching a Buffalo Bills game. I find it hard to believe they care about winning at all.

Personally, I think the NFL protects QBs and limits the physicality of the defensive backs too much. This is the NFL, not the lingerie football league (although that is mildly entertaining to watch, too...)
idea

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

right on edwards
Edwards is a knucklehead

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

If he's not jumping off sides, whining about his contract (blame your union) and now the league, Edwards could be a politician. However, Ray, you're a football player and your supposed to put your best effort ON the field. Grow up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ray Edwards Discussions

Search the Ray Edwards Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bucs Q&A: Why don't Bucs sign available defensi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jesse t kelley 1
Five NFL Players Say Gay Is OK (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 63
You Could Win The Super Bowl! Minnesota Vikings (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Falcons: DE Edwards had 'minor' knee surgery (Aug '11) Aug '11 Endfarts 4
NFL Free Agent Rumors: Vikings Leaning Toward M... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Villaume: Tightening of the Purple Belt (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mike 2
Is Ponder set up for instant success? (Jul '11) Jul '11 upsman8801 77
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••