With or without Brett Favre, Minnesota Vikings' future looks br...

There are 7 comments on the Feb 7, 2010, TwinCities.com story titled With or without Brett Favre, Minnesota Vikings' future looks br.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Even as Brett Favre mulls retirement, the Vikings can take comfort knowing that essentially the same team will return next season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Paris

Salem, WI

#231 Feb 13, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Paris your smarter than that, c'mon. The first goal of any team and coach is to win the division, then you go from there.
You are essentially correct. It's what all coaches preach. But that's just a stepping stone part of the journey. It's like a mini goal. It's nice, it's important, it helps, but as I said earlier, you don't even have to do that. As of late, it's more of a "making the playoffs" thing.

Heres what is important:

Al Davis once said: "Just win BABY." Win every game you can and everything else takes care of itself.

Lombardi once said: "Winning isn't everything, it's THE ONLY THING."

So, regular season game, playoff game or Superbowl ......

JUST WIN.
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

#232 Feb 14, 2010
I dunno. GB looked really hot at the end of the year. They'll be the second best team in the division and a tough one to beat. I'm sure Rodgers will want to win those two games more than any other. Of course he'll have a hard time throwing while lying on his back again.

The goal always has to be the same: Win the division and get the bye week, win the first playoff game, win the second playoff game, win the Superbowl. Looking further ahead takes your eyes OFF the target, not on it.

Making the Pro Bowl means little to these guys. None of them want to play in it anyway. Getting the ring means everything.
Farve Scks

Saint Paul, MN

#233 Feb 14, 2010

Farve lost the NFC game.......PERIOD!

TWICE with GB & now Vikes
Paris

Salem, WI

#234 Feb 15, 2010
Huge Jazz wrote:
I dunno. GB looked really hot at the end of the year. They'll be the second best team in the division and a tough one to beat. I'm sure Rodgers will want to win those two games more than any other. Of course he'll have a hard time throwing while lying on his back again.
The goal always has to be the same: Win the division and get the bye week, win the first playoff game, win the second playoff game, win the Superbowl. Looking further ahead takes your eyes OFF the target, not on it.
Making the Pro Bowl means little to these guys. None of them want to play in it anyway. Getting the ring means everything.
"Win the division and get the bye week"

That is not automatic.

Two teams who "win" their division DO NOT get the bye week! Only the two with the best record(s) Conference-wise get the bye. Four of the six teams have to play in the first round. If your one of the two who win your division and have to play first round, you get home field. That's good but ......

So, no matter how ya slice it, it comes down to wins.

Just win Baby!!!!!!!!!!
Bullfarts

United States

#235 Feb 15, 2010
Win the division, earn a bye week, choke it all away and watch the Super Bowl on TV again.
randy

Eden Prairie, MN

#236 Mar 1, 2010
i think yes mn will be good
Bullfarts

United States

#237 Mar 1, 2010
....at choking again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucs Q&A: Why don't Bucs sign available defensi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jesse t kelley 1
News Five NFL Players Say Gay Is OK (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 63
News You Could Win The Super Bowl! Minnesota Vikings (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Falcons: DE Edwards had 'minor' knee surgery (Aug '11) Aug '11 Endfarts 4
News NFL Free Agent Rumors: Vikings Leaning Toward M... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Villaume: Tightening of the Purple Belt (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mike 2
News Is Ponder set up for instant success? (Jul '11) Jul '11 upsman8801 77
More from around the web