Minnesota Vikings: Ray Edwards signs ...

Minnesota Vikings: Ray Edwards signs $2.521 million tender

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Minnesota Vikings: Ray Edwards signs $2.521 million tender. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards has signed his one-year, $2.521 million tender from the team, the Vikings announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oxboro blows

West Salem, WI

#1 Jun 14, 2010
This is good news !
ezg357d

AOL

#2 Jun 14, 2010
Ray will be out to Show all the other Teams he is worth a frist round pick & the money. I am starting to feel sorry for the guy that has to block him this year He has something to prove I always say sometimes things work out for the best & things couldnt have turned out better for the VIKES (MORE SACKS) GO VIKINGS
Warren Sapp

Brooksville, FL

#3 Jun 14, 2010
Just another NFL player that will never be able to fart as loud as I can.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Jun 14, 2010
Ah, everything is falling into place just in time to make mincemeat out of the sissy NFC adversaries.

Get ready for domination like you have never seen before, the Vikings are looking for a fight.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jun 14, 2010
i bet he breaks the single season sack record this year, the last time he attempted he only came up 22 short
ezg357d

AOL

#6 Jun 14, 2010
oxboro wrote:
i bet he breaks the single season sack record this year, the last time he attempted he only came up 22 short
Now this is funny.>>> GO VIKINGS

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#7 Jun 14, 2010
40for60 wrote:
Ah, everything is falling into place just in time to make mincemeat out of the sissy NFC adversaries.
Get ready for domination like you have never seen before, the Vikings are looking for a fight.
I still maintain we should have shopped him harder earlier and got a first rounder for him, I bet the Saints would have bit, oh well, let's hope he has a monster season, one thing is for sure, we do have a lot of depth on that D-line.
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jun 14, 2010
Look out sack record, here he comes!
Da Bears 2010

Schaumburg, IL

#9 Jun 14, 2010
Who's Ray Edwards???
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jun 15, 2010
Doris Tsai wrote:
Oh me god. I am going to see a show of nobody.
thanks for all those who lol hardy funk.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wha???

Erie

#13 Jun 15, 2010
Doris Tsai wrote:
Reality checker, please edit your dictionary -
i mean, i have alswyas ask myself to be the best. therefore, when my writing is done, i will try to reverse the writing if, there is a chance to do this. Vegas, you make the rule of the pool for me to join the jump. So, i am very happy to be in the arty zoo. X
He would be happy to help you out MA'AM, if you have any questions refer them to Reality Checker, he is the go to guy.

Erie

#14 Jun 15, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Wha???
LMAO.
purplehaze1

St. John's, Canada

#15 Jun 15, 2010
Doris Tsai wrote:
Oh me god. I am going to see a show of nobody.
thanks for all those who lol hardy funk.
...is that you TJ?...GO VIKES!!!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#16 Jun 15, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>I still maintain we should have shopped him harder earlier and got a first rounder for him, I bet the Saints would have bit, oh well, let's hope he has a monster season, one thing is for sure, we do have a lot of depth on that D-line.
I think it will be Edwards last year here, but don’t know how much they shopped him. This is the perfect year for him to fight for the sack lead on the Vikings.
The Vikings certainly wouldn't give him away, maybe gb picks him up and he lives the rest of his life in obscurity, kicking the can around that one horse town.
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

#17 Jun 15, 2010
Seriously, the guy had one good game. ONE. In the plyaoffs. And that's after a season where he played alongside 3 pro bowlers. How could he NOT eventually have a good game.

I don't blame a guy for wanting to get paid. It's the attitude I don't like.
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

#18 Jun 15, 2010
glad to hear he stopped pouting long enough to sign his contract. What a big baby. What has this guy ever done anyway? The ONLY reason he had any kind of year last year was becuase of his linemates. Still tough for me to feel any compassion for a guy who signed a contract for 2.5 Mil for one season....again, more money than most of us will make over a lifetime, he'll make that much for 8 months work.....
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

#19 Jun 15, 2010
40for60 wrote:
yea, sure they are....remember who their coach is, then reality will set in once again. Klink will find a way to eff it up again....wonder what it will be...got to give him credit, that 12 men thing from last January, never saw that one coming...makes you wonder what he has up his sleeve this year.....
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

#20 Jun 15, 2010
purplehaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...is that you TJ?...GO VIKES!!!
now THAT is funny

“To Thine Own Self Be True”

Since: Aug 09

Wayzata, Minnesota

#21 Jun 15, 2010
ray isnt the top banana on the purple d-line and never will be … dont get me wrong ray is as talented as any one on the field at any given time however ray spends too much time thinkin and not enough time trustin in his god-given abilities and just turnin it loose … when ray just lets it all go he is dang near unstoppable and has proven that on several occasion … the real question can ray be as good without jared / kevin & pat i dunno … chances are that ray will get to find out thou given that his backups are really pushin to make ray expendable and by that i mean ray could potentially set up the purples draft next season and provide the purple front office with more amunition to further solidify the vikings entrenchment at the top of the nfc north and the elite teams in the nfl ... at 2.5 million ray is a very attractive DE as trade potential ray may even get us that early first round pick that we wouldnt hav pickin at #32 next year … the possibility of acquiring buffalo’s first round pick might land the purple with the likes of michael pouncey c/g from florida 6'5" 298# 40 in 5.87 and twin brother to maurkice pouncey now with the steelers … michael pouncey will be highly covetted so i think ray would be just the guy to insure the purple hav a shot at michael pouncey
Richard Simmons

Willmar, MN

#22 Jun 15, 2010
Has any one seen Bullfarts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucs Q&A: Why don't Bucs sign available defensi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jesse t kelley 1
News Five NFL Players Say Gay Is OK (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 63
News You Could Win The Super Bowl! Minnesota Vikings (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Falcons: DE Edwards had 'minor' knee surgery (Aug '11) Aug '11 Endfarts 4
News NFL Free Agent Rumors: Vikings Leaning Toward M... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Villaume: Tightening of the Purple Belt (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mike 2
News Is Ponder set up for instant success? (Jul '11) Jul '11 upsman8801 77
More from around the web