Timberwolves

Timberwolves

There are 43 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 14, 2010, titled Timberwolves. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If he just had another half-second, or was just another half-step quicker, Vikings defensive end Jared Allen figures he could have a half-dozen sacks by now - instead of just one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
0for50

Eau Claire, WI

#1 Oct 14, 2010
Spoken like a player who is on a 1-3 team. All teams are a couple plays here, or a couple seconds there from winning games. It's the teams that make those plays that prosper and the teams that don't make excuses.
PurplePride

Amery, WI

#2 Oct 14, 2010
I guess he'll just have to rack 'em up against the Pack. He sure seems to pick on the weaklings.
ex favre fan

Hager City, WI

#3 Oct 14, 2010
PurplePride wrote:
I guess he'll just have to rack 'em up against the Pack. He sure seems to pick on the weaklings.
Ya he's good at beating the 3rd string O-line!.........If by "weaklings" you mean the 1-3 queens?.........I'm sure he ripps up that pathetic line in practice!.........Hahhahhhahh! .........OVER RATED!.........Hahahhahahh!Ps, Clay = 8.5 sacks with an injury!.....The hillbilly jarry? 1..........Dam he's good!.........Hahhahhahashahah !
VIKING fannowlivinginwi

Cumberland, WI

#4 Oct 14, 2010
Jared was stating fact and facing thats he's been a step or two behind, but of course that is something the puker team & fans will never do. MM, TT and company will not face facts. never have and never will. go Vikes
ex favre fan

Hager City, WI

#5 Oct 14, 2010
VIKING fannowlivinginwi wrote:
Jared was stating fact and facing thats he's been a step or two behind, but of course that is something the puker team & fans will never do. MM, TT and company will not face facts. never have and never will. go Vikes
Fact: Packers 3-2.........Fact: queens 1-3..........Fact: queens blew 32 Mil, on bert!....It's time for queen fans to (face the facts)!........But they never have and never will!......Hhahaaahah!........ .Oh ya, 1 more fact for ya queenboy!.........Packers have 3 Superbowl wins,.......the queens have 0!.........Hahhahahhahahhh!... .Deal with it fannow boy!.........Hhaaaaahahah!

“The real Muskratbob”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 14, 2010
VIKING fannowlivinginwi wrote:
Jared was stating fact and facing thats he's been a step or two behind, but of course that is something the puker team & fans will never do. MM, TT and company will not face facts. never have and never will. go Vikes
No here a fact Jared been step behind since he cut off mullet and wife took his balls.

“The real Muskratbob”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Oct 14, 2010
Jared actually no close to sacking quarterback another stat no quarterback hurries.
FudgePackerKille r

Bangkok, Thailand

#8 Oct 14, 2010
The most important thing is to get pressure on the QB, which Jared is doing. I have no problem with Allen's play to this point, the sacks will come. The biggest matchup this weekend is the Dallas' O-line VS the Vike's D-line. If the Cryboys line can handle our pressure, then Romo will pick us to pieces and we will lose. Big, big game this weekend fellas, go get it done! SKOL VIKES!

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#9 Oct 15, 2010
FudgePackerKiller wrote:
The most important thing is to get pressure on the QB, which Jared is doing. I have no problem with Allen's play to this point, the sacks will come. The biggest matchup this weekend is the Dallas' O-line VS the Vike's D-line. If the Cryboys line can handle our pressure, then Romo will pick us to pieces and we will lose. Big, big game this weekend fellas, go get it done! SKOL VIKES!
Just seen an interesting stat-when Romo is facing 5 or more rushers this year he is completing over 70% of his passes and has a QB rating of 110.0.
FudgePackerKille r

Bangkok, Thailand

#10 Oct 15, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Just seen an interesting stat-when Romo is facing 5 or more rushers this year he is completing over 70% of his passes and has a QB rating of 110.0.
So what you're saying is that we shouldn't blitz too often? I don't think we should have to. Our D-line is considered one of the best pass rushing front four in all of football. IMO, Dallas' O-line is their biggest problem (other than Wade Phillips being their coach). This is a match-up we should win for sure, and if we do, we'll win. If we don't, it could be a long afternoon.
FudgePackerKille r

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Oct 15, 2010
muskratbob wrote:
Jared actually no close to sacking quarterback another stat no quarterback hurries.
Do you have a website I can see these "QB hurry" stats at?
y a tittle

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Allen sees the writing on the wall, the team is headed for the deep freeze, wants to catch on with a winner.
Sherm

AOL

#13 Oct 15, 2010
For all those whining about Allen's sacks, take a look at Frazier's system.
You look at the other great pass rushers in the league and you see they move
up and down the line on different snaps. Here Allen has to start from point 'A' every time. And when Frazier runs that joke he calls a 'blitz' he has one of the defensive linemen fall back into coverage. A blitz is when you send more guys than they have blockers. Sending two linebackers, while dropping a lineman
into coverage still leaves five to block five. Another problem is Fraziers system has the DB's playing the receivers after they have made the catch ... they never play the ball in the air. I can not remember a viking stepping in front of a receiver to intercept a pass since Frazier has been here. The only interceptions we get is when a ball is tipped into the air , or when there is a bad throw by the QB. And the our defenders usually drop the ball. I do not think we have had more than ten in a year since Frazier has been running the show.
Pittsburg has a defense that teams are afraid of because they go after the ball.
That is not how Frazier wants to play it ..........So we get QB's doing three step drops, playing catch with the receivers. Our best Defensive coordinator is now the head coach in Pittsburg.
whenrealitybites

United States

#14 Oct 15, 2010
FudgePackerKiller wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a website I can see these "QB hurry" stats at?
I'm sure he got it from an article in the star tribune. Article was titled Frazier defends Allens play.
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Oct 15, 2010
Jared Allen is all talk....when he plays against a quality left tackle, he's single teamed and ineffective.

He has effort, but is too small and weak. The opposition has more to worry about on the other side with Ray Edwards, a far superior athlete!
Whizanater Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Oct 15, 2010
Mad Dog Gus wrote:
Jared Allen is all talk....when he plays against a quality left tackle, he's single teamed and ineffective.
He has effort, but is too small and weak. The opposition has more to worry about on the other side with Ray Edwards, a far superior athlete!
Jared Allen is the most overrated player in the NFL and possibly the most overrated Viking ever. Your post explains why, short and sweet.
TheTruth

College Point, NY

#17 Oct 15, 2010
Maybe instead of trying to sack the QB, you should concentrate on stopping the run. The Jets ran all over you guys with ease.
oldviking

Virginia Beach, VA

#18 Oct 15, 2010
The best defense is a good offense,one that sustains drives,gets 1ST DOWNS,hopefully scores points and doesn't turn the ball over.The Vikes D has played well this year,with alot of short fields.They've kept us in games despite the O's turnovers.Way too many 3-outs,1-outs they are on the the fied way too much...
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 15, 2010
oldviking wrote:
The best defense is a good offense,one that sustains drives,gets 1ST DOWNS,hopefully scores points and doesn't turn the ball over.The Vikes D has played well this year,with alot of short fields.They've kept us in games despite the O's turnovers.Way too many 3-outs,1-outs they are on the the fied way too much...
Fact is they're 1-3, and very well could be 1-6 shortly....the next 3 weeks are the season. The offense has been horrible (except for AP), the defense has been o.k, but not great.

There are no moral victories in football, only wins and losses!
rockies2

Boerne, TX

#20 Oct 15, 2010
Bring something besides the front 4 every now and then.Do like the jets or pittsburg,change it up sometimes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucs Q&A: Why don't Bucs sign available defensi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jesse t kelley 1
News Five NFL Players Say Gay Is OK (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 63
News You Could Win The Super Bowl! Minnesota Vikings (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Falcons: DE Edwards had 'minor' knee surgery (Aug '11) Aug '11 Endfarts 4
News NFL Free Agent Rumors: Vikings Leaning Toward M... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Villaume: Tightening of the Purple Belt (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mike 2
News Is Ponder set up for instant success? (Jul '11) Jul '11 upsman8801 77
More from around the web