Two Things with Bob Sansevere: NFL dr...

Two Things with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Two Things with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Here is Shawn Zobel, a Minnesota-based NFL draft analyst who runs draftheadquarters.com. ... On what players he believes the Vikings are considering with the 12th overall pick in the NFL draft: "They have their eye on three players, all defensive ends: Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers, North Carolina's Robert Quinn and Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TorVikeFan

Canada

#22 Apr 14, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Clink was a screw up. He'll get another chance somewhere and be sucessful because thats the way it works...he comes in and underachieves with a team thats ready to win (allegedly), gets fired and goes somewhere he is suppose to fail (like the Rams) and wins
Absolutely disagree! Chilly was a lousy head coach and no one will hire him again in that position or as offensive co-ordinator. The only reason he got a job in the NFL is because he was buddy-buddy with Andy Reid.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#23 Apr 14, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Clink was a screw up. He'll get another chance somewhere and be sucessful because thats the way it works...he comes in and underachieves with a team thats ready to win (allegedly), gets fired and goes somewhere he is suppose to fail (like the Rams) and wins
Billick, Tomlin, Dungy..ya, I could see when they left they had what it takes..but not with Childress. They say Chilly has a brilliant FB mind, but it still takes effective communication to get it across. Just not seeing it.
Mark

Manassas, VA

#24 Apr 14, 2011
Brilliant, Bob, my thinking exactly. Pick up a DE with the 12th, get a QB (Locker or Dalton) in the second round, or Tyrod Taylor in the 4th, and get in a journeyman QB until we are in a position to draft a franchise QB....from a draft that offers one, unlike this year's draft. Skol Vikings.
Jeff

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Apr 14, 2011
Mallett is going to go higher than people think. His kind of arm doesn't come around much. I for one hope he lands here.

Since: May 10

United States

#26 Apr 15, 2011
sodakviking wrote:
<quoted text>
Billick, Tomlin, Dungy..ya, I could see when they left they had what it takes..but not with Childress. They say Chilly has a brilliant FB mind, but it still takes effective communication to get it across. Just not seeing it.
I think you sum him up pretty well. Leaders need good communication skills and Chilly didn't have them.
AllDay2012

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Apr 15, 2011
One of the top 10 talents will drop to us at twelve, If Julio Jones for some reason drops to 12 are we tempted...maybe. If Prince Amukamira is there how can you not take him, or is for some reason the other teams arent that enamered with Von Miller and his top 5 status is just hype we would definitely take him.
The draft is a bunch of what if's and scenarios. Ideally with a bunch of picks in the later rounds and if we can figure out a way to drop back and pick up an extra second round pick or third rounder. we are in great shape.
I do hope we pick up Locker, Dalton or Mallet in this draft. And in the later rounds Pick Robert Sands Safety out of West Virginia
eric

Luverne, MN

#28 Apr 15, 2011
if mcnabb comes to MN, i will cancel my season tickets

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#29 Apr 15, 2011
eric wrote:
if mcnabb comes to MN, i will cancel my season tickets
Better keep the number on hand, it's a very real possibility,
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#30 Apr 15, 2011
AllDay2012 wrote:
The draft is a bunch of what if's and scenarios.
The biggest if is if the draft happens or will it be sabotaged by the players?
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#31 Apr 15, 2011
Whatever wrote:
McNabb would be AWESOME in Minnesota!
Awesome like a $h*t sandwhich.

Without the bread. Hold the mayo...
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#32 Apr 15, 2011
steve wrote:
My comment is that we need protection on the Oline, What good is having a Good QB if he's not protected. look at last year , Favre didnt have a chance to take 3 steps back, he was run over, We need OLINE period.....
With all due respect, Favre still would've stunk even with an improved "O" line. His time is past. Last season he should've stayed driving the tractor. Sullivan playing injured didn't help.(When he played) And McKinney blows. Those are the MAIN problems. PLUS, they need a class-act Safety. Better QB herd next season's draft. Problem is, is they need one NOW.
Lito

Victorville, CA

#33 Apr 16, 2011
I can't get Newton or Gabbert; get BPA. Then look for a quarterback.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucs Q&A: Why don't Bucs sign available defensi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jesse t kelley 1
News Five NFL Players Say Gay Is OK (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 63
News You Could Win The Super Bowl! Minnesota Vikings (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Falcons: DE Edwards had 'minor' knee surgery (Aug '11) Aug '11 Endfarts 4
News NFL Free Agent Rumors: Vikings Leaning Toward M... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Villaume: Tightening of the Purple Belt (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mike 2
News Is Ponder set up for instant success? (Jul '11) Jul '11 upsman8801 77
More from around the web