Dallas' 1-3 mark a tribute to turnovers

Full story: TwinCities.com

If misery loves company, the 2010 Vikings and Cowboys should be soul mates. Only last January, they were NFC divisional playoff opponents and Super Bowl contenders.
Comments
21 - 28 of 28 Comments Last updated Oct 19, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate the Vikes at all, but let's face it: Whizzinators are funny, and that guy getting caught at the airport is going to outlast the "Love Boat" in Viking lore.
No doubt, that sheet was funny as hell when that story broke although at the time it hurt the Vikes as they were depleted at the time at the RB position, it was hard to believe.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think not. Not many 2-4 starts translate into SB rings, and a new piece of Favre seems to fall off every game. The Vikings brass gambled everything (including developing a future QB) on last year, and they lost. Unless somebody really exciting at the position comes up as a FA or in the draft, it could be years before they recover from the Favre experiment. We know Brett's ego won't allow them to even consider casting about for a good young guy now.
Rex I have to disagre with you on the QB situation. Favre easily could have won MVP last year and with the same roster around him again this season I don't think you can consider that an experiment at all, if anything you do everything you can to get him to return, which they did.

Injuries are a huge part of the game and noone in ther NFL is cloaked with a magic cape that makes them impervious to the injury bug, Favre has been bit early this year with it but I think he will bounce back.

As far as the draft there really were no sure fire franchise QB's other than Bradford, although I WOULDN'T HAVE COMPLAINED if the Vikes would have grabbed McCoy, I thought with his strengths(very accurate short range throws, excellent mobility; not to mention football smarts and a good leader in the huddle) he would have been a good fit for the West Coast system the Vikes run.

This coming draft has many more prospects at the QB position, I am pretty sure the Vikes will grab one of these guys early on.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Coach Wade Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be in the suite of Jerry Jones for the Super Bowl at Cowboys Stadium trying to keep him sober and making an a-ss of himself in front of his friends.
I'll have help from Tony Romo who will be there also.
Maybe Chilly can show up and give Wade a few tips on how to choke. Wade always likes new info in that department.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Rex I have to disagre with you
No surprise there. You would argue that a wheel chair bound quadriplegic would make a good QB if the Vikings signed one today.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Brett's ego won't allow them to even consider casting about for a good young guy now.
Plus he is too stupid to sit down when he is hurt. The clown was addicted to pain killers once because of it.

Since: May 10

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Nothing is more pathetic than pouty Cowboy fans.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

CT Viking Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so on all counts but I have learned to not underestimate the Vikings front office these days. We brought in some star talent and still managed to end up with Peterson, Greenway, Henderson, and Harvin. Not too shabby.
Your Steelers are looking like contenders again. Model franchise if there ever was one. Much better than Green Bay.
Yeah, I love all those guys you mention. But I do think they've been stubborn, to say the least, when it comes to the QB. I can't think of many teams that have won a SB without a franchise QB, and it seems the Viking front office are the only ones to confuse T-Jack with one of those. Once the Favre experiment comes to a close, they'll probably have to go back to the drawing board, and I hope it's in time to take advantage of those great talents they've gathered together.
erie-vike tard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

CT Viking Fan wrote:
Nothing is more pathetic than pouty Cowboy fans.
I know, they look like we did after we failed to reach the Super Bowl again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ray Edwards Discussions

Search the Ray Edwards Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bucs Q&A: Why don't Bucs sign available defensi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jesse t kelley 1
Five NFL Players Say Gay Is OK (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 63
You Could Win The Super Bowl! Minnesota Vikings (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Falcons: DE Edwards had 'minor' knee surgery (Aug '11) Aug '11 Endfarts 4
NFL Free Agent Rumors: Vikings Leaning Toward M... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Villaume: Tightening of the Purple Belt (Jul '11) Jul '11 Mike 2
Is Ponder set up for instant success? (Jul '11) Jul '11 upsman8801 77
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••